Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 118133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad you had a laugh Robin for I still chuckle to this day when I think of it and a little bit of added info to make picture clearer I was probably between 6 - 8 then and as my brother is 21 years older than me he would have been 27 - 29.....makes the embarrassment worse, doesn't it ????? LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Picture of Michael with Dean Martin from Gold Radio who has just interviewed him in their London studios..........

Thanks Sylvia.

Hopefully there is soon an admission of the interview!!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Loose Women programme has just finished and Michael, as usual, was terrific !!! :)    He wasn't on long enough, definitely not, for it was just about 1/4 of a hour but part of that was taken up with watching old video and then they also played part of the NTA segment with him and Sam singing but they did say about his tour in the UK starting on 6th May and that CD would be released on 5th May and Michael said that there will be a bonus song on CD and it will be from Sam.   He spoke a little bit about his fears for the young ones on these reality TV shows and how well they are prepared to be thrown into the limelight and if they can handle it.   They also discussed about Motown and Motown music in that it held something very special and wondered what that was and as Michael said that each song could get your feet tapping and then suddenly you would realize it wasn't a happy song but rather sad and that was what made them unique because, within each song, they told a story, whether it be happy, or sad, it was a good story.  It was also mentioned about his "18 year over night success" and he got to say a little about writing songs for others during that period and it brought something "unusual" to his table; food !!  He said about finding he wasn't able to pay the rent and that having three daughters, it was a pretty rough time to say the least and then it was all over......far, far, far too short a time but great seeing him and he was dressed in all black with a silver tie and he looks wonderful !!!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Many thanks Sylvia for the description!

I look all the time for a video about the interview!

I want to see him in black clothes and silver tie!!!!!!

Petra, your wish is my command !!! LOL   it is not from the programme but it is what he had on................

And with it you have saved my day! Again many thanks Sylvia!!!!!

Thanks a lot for the "Loose Women" report Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Found below on Twitter...............

"Reality TV News

Sam Bailey records debut album with Michael Bolton - pictures

By Robert Copsey

Wednesday, Jan 29 2014, 16:14 GMT

Sam Bailey and Michael Bolton have released pictures in the studio recording a duet for Bailey's debut album.

The X Factor winner and Bolton have recorded 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' for Bailey's forthcoming record The Power Of Love.

Sam Bailey, Michael Bolton

The pair previously performed the Motown classic at the opening of the National Television Awards earlier this month, where Bolton praised Bailey's "heartfelt" approach to music.

"The only thing more important than a great instrument is the ability to put your heart into that instrument," he told Digital Spy. "That's what resonates with people, that's what moves human beings and she has that combination."

Sam Bailey in the studio

Bailey's LP will feature a mix of cover songs and brand new tracks, including Jennifer Rush's 1985 hit 'The Power Of Love'.

"I want to do some songs that people haven't heard in a while, and bring back some stuff that people probably haven't even heard of, so that it feels like a new song," she said. 

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend.

Over and over again to thanks Sylvia.

I have found a similar article. With other pictures. With pretty laughing Michael.

X Factor winner Sam Bailey records song with Michael Bolton for debut album

Published Wednesday, Jan 29 2014, 17:15 GMT
X Factor winner Sam Bailey has recorded a duet with her musical hero Michael Bolton.

Sam, who stormed to victory on the ITV talent show last year, has collaborated with US singer Michael on her debut album The Power of Love, which will be released on 24 March.
Sam and Michael have recorded a studio version of Motown classic 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' - the same song which the pair performed at the National Television Awards last week.

Sam is certainly in demand over the next few months, as not only will she be on the X Factor tour in February, but she'll also be the supporting act for Beyonce's 'Mrs. Carter Show World Tour' in Birmingham.

And it appears that Michael is now hoping to bring Sam on board for his tour too!
Speaking to STV last week, Michael said: "I'm going to be touring in May, coming to Glasgow, so I'm going to invite her.

"That's a very rare voice that instrument of hers and she's a rare human being, so we're going to wrestle her away for different guest appearances if possible at the concerts."

Sam and Michael first met during The X Factor when he surprised her during rehearsals for Big Band Week.
Sam was overjoyed after meeting her singing inspiration, and Michael also praised the former prison officer, saying he would work with her "in a heartbeat".

Sam, who achieved a Christmas number one with debut single 'Skyscraper', will feature a collection of cover songs and brand new tracks on The Power of Love.

Meanwhile, X Factor runner-up Nicholas McDonald, who signed a record deal with Sony RCA earlier this month, will be releasing his debut album Arms of an Angel on 10 March.
http://www.reveal.co.uk/showbiz-celeb-gossip/news/a547524/x-factor-...

Thanks Petra wonderful photos and that will teach me not to look at all the tweets......I thought they probably were all the same, glad you checked !!!! :)

Danke Petra !!! :)

Thanks for posting, ladies, very much appreciated. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service