Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry for deleted reply but put in and then started to doubt myself so went and checked world clock and for EST it will be 8.00 a.m. Sylvie for 5 hours behind;  CST it will be 7.00 a.m. and PST will be 5.00 a.m.

Will check about archives because unfortunately I changed things in my computer and I, somehow, deleted the tool bar with the recording facility and I cannot trace it anywhere;  that is why, over last little while, I have been unable to record anything....it is darn annoying and have tried many things to try and find again in fact have spent hours; one of these days it will pop back up again !!! lol

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, thanks for the clarification. It sounds like you're due to have a visit with your nephew again. :D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Hi everyone, if you go to this page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioderby

and click on “listen live”, then when you get to the “player” page, just click on “Play”, you should be able to hear the Michael interview on BBC this morning , because I can. It’s in a bit less than ½ hour EST right now. I’ll check for archived programs as soon as I can hear. Break a leg everyone! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Hi again all, I’ve found the Andy Potter episodes page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001vjf2/broadcasts/2014/01

where we would probably be able to listen to the interview after the fact. I’m not sure for how long outside the U.K. but at least, we can try. I’m still listening live and Andy’s show is about to come on. Hope we can all hear it. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Link into a set of photos which, Ann-Marie Carey, the girl who did Michael's make-up when he was in Dublin for interviews has posted on Twitter.

http://annmariecarey.com/michael-bolton/

Thanks Sylvia....great photos !!!:)). Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Have finally got it ....had to send it to FB to get the code.    This is the interview Michael did with Andy Potter on Radio Derby today although it was pre-recorded a couple of days ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01r4byl

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Thank you very much, Sylvia.

Unfortunately comes with me the message:

this content doesn´t seem to be working. please try again later.

I've tried it a few times! Does it work properly for you?

Petra Christine (Germany)

I've just tried it again and it comes up and there is a screen with a picture of Michael in it and then it just starts playing automatically.   Wonder if it is not available outside UK????   

Actually there is nothing new in what he is talking about and it is mainly about the CD and Motown and he says about how he feels a responsibility to promote the whole body of music which is the CD rather than just one song from it and he talks about the different ways that you can download songs now rather than buying a complete album and about when he was young there was no way he would have thought that now he would be talking about digital transmissions etc.   He also said it has been a long time since he has thought of a record as having a side A and B, as with the vynls, it is just a body of music and of course now it so easy as well to jump around a CD and listen to just what you want to  He said about listening to the Motown type of music when he was young going to school and it was what he grew up with and loved and it was really in his DNA..  He also said it was no problem for him to decide what to put on the album as he had studied so much of the Motown music and songs and new what he liked and wanted.   He did also mention about the fact that Motown was so popular and so big was because they had such great artists and songwriters who worked in Hitsville at the time and they achieved so much.   

Think I have covered most of it and the only difference in the tape is that during the programme you got adverts in between plus they played quite a lot of Michael's songs too which was pretty good for the whole segment was about 3/4 hour....it was good and hope you do get to listen to him !!! :)

Mistake Andy did make was in saying, at end, that CD was out just now but suppose any promotion of it is better than none but got to start it all again in May though !!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend

Thanks again for the description, Sylvia!

Although I also see Michael picture, but this is overshadowed by the message!

No more bad! Now you have everything important said! Thank you again! What would I do without my Swedish "translator"!

Are you checking Petra that I read your posts ?????? LOL   What do you mean by "Swedish" translator, should that not be "Scottish" ....mind you, I quite like the idea of Swedish, makes me sound a bit more exotic than just plain old Scots.....LOL

BTW girl from States has come on on FB about Andy Potter link and she can't access either so looks as though possibly not available outwith UK.

Oooops, a typo! Of course, "Scottish" translator! Where was I with my thoughts?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service