Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

¡¡ STUNNING PICTURE !!  ¡¡ A HUG !!

Before the concert in San Jose still a little spare time for Michael:

Michael Bolton jugó golf en la tarde con el tricampeón nacional Álvaro Ortiz, en la cancha del residencial Valle del Sol, en Santa Ana.

La información la confirmó Don Stockwell, de la empresa productora RPM, a cargo del concierto de Bolton de esta noche, en el Hotel Real Intercontinental, en Escazú.

El artista aprovecha estos instantes previos al concierto, que ofrecerá ante poco más de 1.000 personas. En la mañana realizó pruebas de sonido y, según adelantó Stockwell, hizo una prueba con la artista nacional Sasha Campbell. Ambos cantarán el tema Lean On Me.

El estadounidense saldrá mañana del país, pero ayer, en una conferencia de prensa, se mostró complacido con la reacción del público nacional, que agotó las entradas desde la semana pasada.

Igualmente, aseguró que antes de venir al país escuchó que Costa Rica es “hermoso y su gente muy amable”.

Adicionalmente, el Ministerio de Economía anunció -hace poco- que RPM está debidamente inscrita ante esta entidad, lo cual está autorizada a organizar conciertos y espectáculos públicos.

Esto en virtud del decreto ejecutivo N° 37899-MEIC, que exige a todas las empresas organizadores de espectáculos públicos inscribirse ante la institución.

Al respecto, Stockwell dijo: “Nosotros siempre hemos querido cooperar con el MEIC para proteger a los consumidores. Nuestra empresa mantiene la mejor disposición en cumplir con las regulaciones del país, por un tema de reputación”.

Translation:

Michael Bolton played golf in the evening with the national tricampeón Álvaro Ortiz, in the court of the residential Vale of the Sun, in Santa Ann.

The information was confirmed by Don Stockwell, of the producing company RPM, in charge of the concert of Bolton of this night, in the Intercontinental Real Hotel, in Escazú.

The artist makes use of these moments before to the concert, which it will offer before little more than 1.000 persons. In the morning it realized sound tests and, as Stockwell passed, a test did with the national artist Sasha Campbell. Both will sing the topic Read On Me.

The American will go out tomorrow of the country, but yesterday, in a press conference, he proved to be liked with the national audience reaction, which exhausted the earnings from last week.

The same way, he made sure that, before coming to the country, he listened that Costa Rica is “beautiful and its very kind people”.

Additionally, the Department of Economy announced - not long ago - that RPM is inscribed properly before this entity, which is authorized to organize concerts and public spectacles.

This by virtue of the executive decree N ° 37899-MEIC, that demands from all the companies organizers of public spectacles to register before the institution.

On this matter, Stockwell said: "We have always wanted to cooperate with the MEIC to protect the consumers. Our company maintains the best disposition in expiring with the regulations of the country, for a reputation topic”.

Petra Christine (Germany)

Thanks for that article and especially the picture Petra and I bet Michael was over the moon to be playing a round with Alvaro...oh boy I bet he was as pleased as punch !!! :)  Thanks again Petra !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks for posting, Petra. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

¡Thanks Petra for share with us this photo and article,  Michael thinks: Always a good game of golf to relax before the concert don´t you ? good choice !.

Here is tweet Michael has put out in support of National Autism Day which was yesterday, 2nd April:

"Michael Bolton@mbsings 8h

Big shout out on to all parents & future parents & children in hopes of raising awareness & making medical break throughs"

Can you remember everybody to the opening of the Family Justice Center in Manhattan on the 21st December 2013? We have seen many pictures of it. Now I have found a video. My Scottish friend, can you maybe translate to me the important things?

Great find Petra and I will go through it and translate for you as best I can....promise !!! :)

Sylvia only the most important please! And translate was the wrong word. Major key may write of course in in English (ha, ha)!

Although into German it would be also amusing!!!

Hi Petra, wonderful find, thanks for sharing! Take care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Here goes for a summary of what Michael has said in his speech and hope those that want to translate that it translates okay for you !!! :)

Firstly it opens with a joke being made, when Michael is introduced, for it is said about people thinking his is there for a Honda commercial and then when Michael comes to microphone he asks if sure that this is not a Honda commercial.   He then mentions press conference that had been talked about in introduction where it was said that two members of the services in New York, had been killed attending an abuse call and he asks when that was and is told it was in 2004 and he starts to go on but someone says about him being too quiet and he jokes about never having used a microphone before and also it is a new tongue he has and then he adjusts microphone and asks if that is better.   He then continues to say about a mother and her son who gave their account at the press conference about the abuse and escape they had endured before there was anywhere to turn or any services available and Michael then says that what Mayor Bloomberg said in response to the story touched him to the core and it stayed with him and continues to stay with him and what she said was: "Shame on us for not being there for you !"

He then goes onto say good morning and to say he is honoured to be there with all the amazing people who are doing amazing work and that he is proud to have been asked to be a part of the opening ceremony.  He then goes onto thank those involved with the Family Justice Centres in whatever shape or form and he says that their work inspires and gives him fuel to do his work, through MBC, in the State of CT  and to talk about Family Justice Centres in his travels.   He then pledges his support to the Family Justice Centres through MBC.  He then makes comment about there now being five centres open in New York and says about wanting to open a Family Justice Centre in CT and then to see the concept spread throughout the country.

He talks about travelling the world and how when doing that he became aware of the need for help in those countries toward domestic abuse and violence but he has now become aware of the very great need for help at home in his own country, the States, and that is why he is committed to opening a Family Justice Centre in CT.  He then jokes about being open to any help that might be forthcoming and says: "hint, hint !"

He then says about the very great need to educate men and especially young men in a specific stage of their development, which is at the time their belief system is developing, that they can never be a man, never be a real man and be violent with women; Michael states again the need to teach young men and that is when the audience applauds.

He ends by thanking everyone for all they do in the work of the Family Justice Centres and thanks them again for allowing him to be a part of this event.

Many, many and endless thanks for your astonishing work! I must learn simply the English language. I can already translate the written, however, with spoken one I still have problems! Many thanks over again, Sylvia!!!!
A very interesting address. Michael is very plausible and persuasive!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service