Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the article Petra. Sounds like an organization that fits perfectly with Michael's values. Take care Petra and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Bonjour Sylvia,

Tu as raison, tout cela n'a pas d'importance, ceci est un problème de langage et de mon interprétation, J'efface mes posts, ici, je ne viendrai que partager mes souhaits pour chacun quand il le sera possible, et l'heure. Je te remercie de ton aide

Belles Fêtes à toi et à tous

You're right, all this does not matter, this is a language problem and my interpretation, I erase my posts here, I will not come as sharing my wishes for everyone when it will be possible, and time. Thank you for your help

Beautiful Holidays to you and to all

Hi Sylvia, what a terrific find, thank you! I searched for it on the Taratata YouTube channel and couldn't find it on there, trying various key words. Maybe you meant you found the link on another video? In any case, thanks very much for sharing, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Here is a link into an interview of Michael's which he did for Taratata a French TV programme back in May, 1993 and I found a tweet about it and followed their link which gave me the interview plus two videos into Michael singing on the show. The show also has its own YouTube channel and the videos are accessible on YouTube as well as one already uploaded to our Video Section here by Marie Rusova in 2011. You can also access the videos from programme's link by going to top left of page and where you see "un artiste, une video" type in "Michael Bolton" in the box and click on search symbol and the three videos relating to Michael from the programme's official channel will come up and on that they have the uploaded video from 2012 of Michael singing "To Love Somebody".

Hope you all enjoy and although a good part is in French the interviewer does translate his questions into English and you do hear Michael answer in English although as soon as he has done so interviewer translates it back into French for the audience. Just to add the video does start automatically but there are is about a minute of an advert before actual interview starts.

http://www.mytaratata.com/emission/taratata-n16/video/2200/intervie...

http://youtu.be/wiRoltJYhas "Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay"

http://youtu.be/tDMySSHa_3E "To Love Somebody"

Both of these videos were uploaded by Florin in 2009 and there is one other, which I found first and which is the one the channel has showing, of "To Love Somebody" which was uploaded in 2012 and here is link:

http://youtu.be/CoWyHO_GuNc

Feel I have to point out that tweet I picked up link from was no one I knew although a member on here had sent the link in a tweet to Michael several days before I saw other tweet containing it and believe they felt it was something personal they were sending to Michael so can I say, to everyone, please be aware that the moment you send a tweet to Michael that tweet becomes accessible to every one of his followers and Michael has over 70,000 followers on Twitter so each of those followers had access to the link and could do with it whatever they wanted .....the moment a link, photo, whatever, goes onto Twitter it is no longer private or personal.

Sylvia. Your wee Scottish friend.

Michael is back!!!

Happy new year everyone!! Great things to come!!! #2015

Petra (Germany)

Thanks for bringing over picture and tweet Petra and great to see him back !!! :)   Here is picture posted on FB which is larger than one from WhoSay on Twitter.

Notice that on Twitter with WhoSay's photos for they are always cropped but come out right size on FB so hope don't mind me posting other one.

Have a great New Year's Day everyone and I am away to start dressing my table and then get myself dressed after another wee cup of tea.....LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

http://en.hikpop.com/post/read_p.html?p=125762

Michael was not only drinking tea in Shanghai, he was also on the red carpet!

China’s ‘Huading Awards’

EXO Wins Most Popular International Group Award

EXO has been named the winner at a famous award ceremony in China.

On January 8 at 7 pm. (local time) EXO received the Most Popular International Group award at The 14th Huading Awards which took place at the Expo center in Shanghai, China

Huading Awards is a prestigious award ceremony that launched in 2007, that selects winners based on votes cast by the judges professionals in the field, and fans

The award ceremony was attended by EXO’s Chen and Lay, as well as the American pop star Michael Bolton the Australian pop singer Cody Simpson, the Chinese duo Chopstick Brothers and other global top stars.

By promoting the second mini album Overdose in Korea and China in 2014 EXO won four awards at the 2014 Mnet Asian Music Awards, including Best Male Group Best Asian Style, UnionPay Album of the Year and UnionPay Artist of the Year awards

The group also won Asia Best Popular Group award and Best Performance award from The 8th Miguhui Awards.

EXO-M’s Chen and Lay who attended the ceremony on this day representing EXO, said in Chinese “We’re honored and thankful to receive such a big award. We will work hard to become EXO that deserves the Most Popular International Group award We will return with greater performances in 2015.”

Chen also presented a sentimental stage singing Breath along with Zhang Li-Yin captivating the audience members at the ceremony.

I have found other images and created an album! Please enjoy!

Petra (Germany)

Thanks Petra for article and super album ....danke !!! :)    Michael thinks he can keep a secret from us, whilst Twitter about, no way !!!! LOL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

You are right! No way!!!! We are too well trained in researching for information! ;)

Petra (Germany)

Another photo Duane, from Hadid News has put out, of Michael, himself and Gigi Hadid with Cody Simpson at the Music Awards in Shanghai.

I have got to add as a footnote when I see photos like that with Michael being smallest in group,  I place myself in it and as I barely come up to Michael's shoulder I don't think you would see much of me in any of those photos......LMBO  I kid you not, I kill myself laughing every time I see photos like that, I truly do...LOL  The "wee one", midget more like !!! LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Here an article about the event in Shanghai. If I correctly translate it, Michael won an Award!!!

http://thehollywoodtimes.net/2015/01/09/michael-bolton-and-cody-sim...

Michael Bolton and Cody Simpson Saluted at the Huading Music Awards...

GLOBAL CELEBRITIES ACCEPT HIGH HONORS IN CHINA AT LEADING AWARDS SHOW BASED ON FAN VOTES ***

Huading Awards Broadcast to 800 Million+ Chinese Households

Los Angeles – January 9, 2015Michael Bolton and Cody Simpson arrived in Shanghai to accept awards for their global music achievements. The Huading Awards are China’s premier awards show where the honorees are determined by fan votes and recognized as the best from various genres of entertainment, including film, television, dance, theater, and music. 

Michael Bolton accepted the Lifetime Achievement Award for his musical accomplishments. Bolton has achieved eight top 10 albums, two number one singles on the Billboard charts, as well as two Grammy awards for Best Pop Male Vocal Performance, six American Music Awards, and a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

The award for International Male Artist was given to Australian pop singer, Cody Simpson. Simpson released his debut single, “iYiYi” (featuring Flo Rida) in 2010 and gained widespread popularity while opening for Justin Bieber’s U.S. and European Believe Tour. In 2014, Cody sold out US and European tours, further establishing his international fame. His latest album, Surfers Paradise, was released July 2013 on Atlantic Records.

The Huading Awards have built a proven reputation for awarding excellence in entertainment over the past decade since they were founded by Global Talent Media Group (GTMG), a Beijing based multi-media company.  The organization is engaged in print, web and TV media content, consumer market research and public opinion surveys.  Founded in 2006, GTMG is a division of Hua Ding Tai Fu Investments Group, with interests in the media, real estate, and automotive industries.  Expanding to the United States, GTMG opened a new Los Angeles based division on January 1, 2015.

Petra (Germany)

Thanks Petra! Way to go MB!!

Robin in MD :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service