Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sharing here, Just saw it over on FB.. Nice little question answering session by MB!!LOL

Robin in MD:)

Thank you Lisa, enjoyed this very much.

Kathy T. :-)

Hi Lisa, thanks so much for sharing this, very cool! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hi Lisa M and just to say am going to take your link into Michael doing his Riga questions and answers over to the Tour thread because, apart from fact that it is to do with his tour as he is playing Riga on 12th May, I know some people do not follow this Miscellany thread and are more likely to see it on other.  Hope okay my taking link over ??? :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Picture is of Michael at the Cliff Bell's Jazz Club in Detroit last night and he says about being there with his new friends Dan Mullen, Bruce Schwartz and Rachel Lachover and Michael, whilst in Detroit, has been visiting offices and meeting with people who are very much involved in the regeneration of downtown Detroit as are his "new friends" and he has committed himself to helping in the regeneration programme by lending his support and voice wherever, and whenever, he can.   Spot......no watch but a bracelet ????????

A great picture of Michael at the Fathead Offices in Detroit on 2nd May.........................

Thought I would put this picture on here as it is beautiful and it is one Michael has sent of the skyline of Detroit as he left last night, 4th May .......

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend.

Below is the translation of the article over in the Tour thread that Michael had retweeted about his visit to Poland.

"After 35 years on the scene today is one of the most famous singers in the world. At any moment to play once again in Poland. Already 8.05 occurs in Zabrze, and 10.05 in Warsaw. In a frank interview with the WP .pl Michael Bolton advocates, inter alia, the recipe for eternal youth, a crazy collaboration with The Lonely Island, wrenching life and memories from previous visits to our country.
In February, finished 60. congratulations! Still a great look. Whether it's a matter of proper exercise and diet, or rather something like a life philosophy?
Michael Bolton: when you love what you are doing, your work makes that still look to the future with hope. Still snujesz plans and you are excited about the possibility of their implementation. It's something completely different than show every morning in a particular company and a specified amount of time. Of course, this kind of games are also needed, but the key to it is always the love for what you do. It made the whole time I had the energy to travel around the world. Friends often ask me how I find all this strength. And I have a lot of humility and gratitude for every single concert.
However, despite the passion and love, and you're pretty old slowly. What are the most annoying items exceeding sixty in the case of a man who was referred to by many people over the years as a sexual firecracker.
Michael Bolton: it just so happens that People magazine once again has chosen me as one of the sexiest men in the world, for which I am very grateful to them. Although it may simply do not realize how much I really have years (laughs). Both at the age of 30, 40 years, and in each subsequent year, I felt like I had less and less years. It is extremely important not to equate too much with a metric. I remember as a kid I watched the fifty-and sześćdziesięciolatków, who are to slow down the pace and coming on Wikiquote has a retirement. It seems to me that such an attitude only accelerates the aging process. In my case is different. After so many years still happens to me a little horsing around. So I think from now on I think I will start to count your years back. It's all a matter of mentality.
Almost like Benjamin Button. I would call this "an interesting case of Michael Bolton" (laughs Michael). Since you mentioned about wygłupach, relatively recently you've earned in the world a whole new audience thanks to the cooperation with the Group The Lonely Island. How it came to record the song "Jack Sparrow"?
Michael Bolton: The Lonely Island featured funny videos for "Saturday Night Live". Total there are probably more than 100. When I was working on something in the studio, someone cried out to me and asked whether I saw their latest music video. We have been gathering around the computer and watched these clips on YouTube, where you upload them without censorship. During the premiere of "SNL" have unfortunately observed the restrictions on any profanity. In the network do not have such an obligation. In any case, clips The Lonely Island the first evening in TV viewing from 4 to 7 million people. But that's nothing compared with the successive days, when they become a network viralami and for a certain period, have about a million page views a day.
One day they contacted me on one idea that came into their heads. I loved it and I said that I would gladly popracował with them. It's just that the first scenarios were really strong, much more murky. They said that they would work apart even over text and for a time Andy Samberg send me your corrections. All of this took about 8 months. Until finally, when I was in Atlanta, we came to the final version. They said if I could find any studio, and those in the surrounding area was quite a bit. We've teamed up on Skype and thus produced the entire recording session. That night we spent about 4 hours on the recording. Then I flew to New York, where we had only 2 days to record the video. We worked 17 hours a day. Have there whole team of makeup artists working on "Saturday Night Live". They can change you into anyone they choose. Together with The Lonely Island all the time we talk about how we want to film. They are amazing when they work together. Appeared with an arsenal of cameras and lights. I've done in my life a few expensive clips, but this time, I had quite the impression that we are going to make a real movie in a really high quality.
The next thing I remember, it was an evening of premieres at "Saturday Night Live". Stood next to me John Mayer and said, "Tomorrow you will see something you have never in your life have not yet experienced. Millions of people on YouTube it will watch and comment. Some of them you may associate your music, others never in my life have not heard about it. But we will analyze this piece. " I said that would be cool and i went home. The next morning I get up out of bed and I can see how my daughter sitting with a laptop from niedowierzan
On his latest album, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" also refers to the past.
Michael Bolton: Yes, this album is a tribute to a famous studio nagraniowemu "Hitsville" in Detroit. Properly Motown was born there. It was there that gathered to composers, producers, artists, who have written pieces bearing the immortal status today. Working team there had to his credit more than 50 hits, which they climbed up to the top of the listing. It was a very important part of my childhood.
This material will promote in Poland. 8 may play in Zabrze, and 2 days later in Warsaw. It's not going To be your first time in our country. What are your memories of previous visits?
Michael Bolton: I was in Poland already probably 5 times. I always try to explain to people that the essence of the tour is, inter alia, life on the suitcases. We are often in a completely new locations and we are there for a very short time. Therefore, the most important element, which you experience when such visits are people. I always have hope that they will be kind to me, and give me the feeling of being a welcome guest. And exactly what was getting at each visit in Poland. I've always felt appreciated and respected. It is for me very important. In the world there are many beautiful cities in terms of architecture and landscape. But if the people are not friendly, it just doesn't want to go back there. When my manager tells me that we're going to concerts to Polish, I am always excited."
Thank you for posting the article, Sylvia, and you did a good job of translating it too!!!

Hugs,

Thank you, Sylvia. Good night from rainy Germany, Astrid.

I just copy and paste Kathy T, Google does the rest !!! LOL

Gute Nacht Astrid and sun has been shining here today and first day of the year with any real heat in it BUT by Thursday we have to have gale force winds and possible storm damage..........summer in sunny Scotland !!!!! LOL

Hi Sylvia and bet you enjoyed that first blast of warmth too. I think if winter returns in OK again in May I will finally pack it up and move to a warmer climate before next winter arrives, LOL.....There was no sunshine here for 4 days and when it came out yesterday I wanted to stay for awhile in it, felt so good. Now, hoping of course 117 temps do not return again this summer. No perfect is there??? LOL.....

You took the time to post the article however you did it and thank you for that, as always. Hugs,

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service