Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all,

Yes, I also found this, similar to Gail's article.  Would be great if it happens!

Joy

NJ

‘Glee’ season 5: Jane Lynch would ‘love’ appearance from Michael Bolton

Sue Sylvester

While Sue Sylvester did not always receive a ton of screentime throughout the fifth season of “Glee,” some of the moments that she did have were either funny or meaningful, especially when it comes to the storyline with Becket near the end of the season.

As much as the “Shooting Star” episode made us want to tear up, one of the more comedic moments that we saw this past season was the big reveal that her secret celebrity baby-daddy was none other than singer Michael Bolton. It was a completely out-of-left-field choice, but also rather hilarious given the subject matter of Bolton’s songs (and also the fact that the man is 60 years old).

While we don’t know whether or not the man would ever appear on the show in the future, Jane Lynch told HollywoodLife in a recent interview that it is a possible guest star that she would very much be looking forward to, if the show was able to snag him:

“Wouldn’t that be fun? He looks great … I would love it.”

We’re assuming that you’ve seen the video below given that it has been watched over 100 million times, but if Bolton comes on and does even a fraction of this, we would totally forgive him for having such poor gamesmanship on “Dancing with the Stars.” Heck, he would move near the top of the list of great / random TV guest stars that are out there.

Sadly, we’re going to be waiting a while before we find out anything about who is coming back on “Glee.” Specifically, think somewhere along the lines of a month or so, when the process first picks up for season 5.

If you want to read some more “Glee” news related to Matthew Morrison, Cory Monteith, and Lea Michele, our advice to you is simple: Just head on over to the link here.

Found the video on YouTube!
Joy
NJ
Jane Lynch talks to us about her performance in Annie on Broadway and making love to Michael Bolton.

Thanks to you both, Gail and Joy, for above and whilst obviously not a definite yet, sounds promising !! :)

Thanks !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

It would be hysterical if MB made a guest appearance on Glee with that storyline. Coach Sue Sylvester is a hoot on that show!! And MB her baby's daddy??? Another Jack Sparrow moment :)))) 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Found this article to do with the New York Chapter Recording Academy Honors show in which Michael will be appearing on 25th June.........

"The Recording Academy Honors 2013 will feature GRAMMY-winners Michael  Bolton, Kristian Bush and David  Caddick, GRAMMY-nominee Joan  Osborne, stage and screen stars Aaron  Tveit, Samantha  Barks and Stephanie J.  Block, American Idol Music Director Ray  Chew, singer-songwriters Peter  Cincotti and Frankie Moreno,  Island Def Jam Music Group President Steve Bartels, IMG Founder Charles Hamlen,  and entertainment and media entrepreneur Kevin  Liles. The star studded gala will celebrate honorees Ashford & Simpson,  GRAMMY-winning violinist Joshua Bell,  GRAMMY-winning artist Melissa  Etheridge, GRAMMY-winning creators of "LES MISERABLES" - Alain  Boublil, Herbert  Kretzmer and Claude-Michel  Schönberg - and R&B singer/songwriter Trey Songz. The Recording Academy  Honors was established to celebrate outstanding individuals whose work embodies  excellence and integrity and who have improved the environment for the creative  community. The event, which will attract recording artists, key entertainment  executives and community leaders, will be hosted Tuesday, June 25, 2013, at 6  p.m. at 583 Park Avenue. This gala will support the Chapter's ongoing advocacy,  education and professional development programs.

The evening will begin with a VIP cocktail hour followed by dinner and the  tribute presentations with celebrity presenters and performers. Tickets for The  Recording Academy Honors gala range from $375 for Academy members to $1,000 for  VIPs and are available by calling the New York Chapter office at 212.245.5440.  Sponsorship packages and show presentation only seats are also available.

About the Honorees:

Nick Ashford and Valerie Simpson  have long ranked among the most acclaimed and admired creative couples in  contemporary music. The GRAMMY-nominated songwriting duo was responsible for  writing some of music's most notable songs. Joining Motown Records in 1966, they  penned hits such as "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," "Ain't Nothing Like The  Real Thing" and Chaka  Khan's "I'm Every Woman." The songwriting/producing team also found success  with their own hits "Found A Cure" and "Solid." In 2002, the couple was inducted  into the Songwriters Hall Of Fame. Ashford died in 2011 at the age of 70.

GRAMMY-winner Joshua  Bell is one of the world's most celebrated violinists. His stunning  virtuosity, beautiful tone and charismatic stage presence have brought him  universal acclaim. Since making his Carnegie  Hall debut at age 17, he has toured the world with numerous orchestras  including the Boston Symphony, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Detroit Symphony  Orchestra, the New York  Philharmonic, Philadelphia Orchestra, and Seattle Symphony. He currently  holds the role of new music director of the Academy of St Martin in the Fields,  the first person and first American to hold this post since Sir Neville Marriner  formed the orchestra in 1958. The ensemble's first 15-concert tour through the  United States garnered rave reviews, and their first recording under Bell's  leadership of Beethoven's 4th and 7th symphonies debuted at No.1 on Billboard's Classical Albums chart.

One of the top female rock icons of all time, Melissa  Etheridge became one of the most popular recording artists of the '90s with  hits such as "I'm The Only One" and "Come To My Window." Her biggest album to  date 1993's, Yes I Am, sold a staggering six million copies in the United States  and spent more than two and a half years on the charts. She is a two-time GRAMMY  Award winner for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance for "Ain't It Heavy" and  "Come To My Window." In 2007 Etheridge won an Oscar in the Music (Original Song)  category for "I Need To Wake Up," which was featured in the Al Gore documentary  on global warming, An Inconvenient Truth. 

Read more about Alain Boublil, Herbert Kretzmer and Claude-Michel Schönberg to Be C... by null"

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, thanks for bringing this over here. I knew Joshua Bell was a great violinist but I didn't know about him becoming music director of the SMITF orchestra, interesting mini-bio. Can you imagine the networking backstage at that event? :D Thanks Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Thanks Sylvia....nice article! I love Melissa Etheridge! In fact when I was buying tickets for one of MB's concerts in the early 90's there was a line for Melissa fans and I had no clue who she was then...lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

... little radio-interview ...

http://www.novafm.com.au/audio/hughesy-kate-delta-goodrem-voice-mic...

Hughesy & Kate: Delta Goodrem on The Voice, Michael Bolton and cleaners

From Germany - BG

Brigitte,

Thanks for bringing that over, nice little interview. Love Delta!!

Joy :)

NJ

Thanks for sharing Brigitte, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

This is the entire question & answer session from Reddit-The Lonely Island
From "Rolling Stone"...............I copied the part of the article about Michael here.  Click on the link to read the entire thing.  I just love their description of MB!!!
Joy NJ
June 13, 2013 1:45 PM ET

To celebrate the release of their third LP, The Wack Album, pop and hip-hop goofballs the Lonely Island partook in a Reddit AMA that was unsurprisingly uproarious. The trio of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone tackled everything from their dream and nightmare collaborator (respectively: Bill Clinton on saxophone; Beethoven because "Physically impossible / Diva alert") to lyrical inspiration ("classic American literature and Family Circus cartoons") and which Disney princess they identify with most (Mulan for Samberg, Jasmine for Schaffer and Taccone). That barely touches the surface, so we've culled a handful of highlights from their AMA session – including one stellar Game of Thrones reference – which you can check out below.

The 11 Best Comedian-Musicians: The Lonely Island

Please describe Michael Bolton

Sexpot, cut from marble, generous, soft hands, Renaissance man, smooth lover, voice of gravel and silk.....

How do you think he would describe the three of you?

The really old sons he never had.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service