Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope Michael will be 90 years old.

Then I can take pleasure at the age of 76 years still about his person!

And because he leads thus a healthy life, the chance is big!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Thanks for this insightful interview Gail. Maybe we will see MB in men's health magazines as a splendid 60 year old specimen ;) I know I will buy the magazine :)))) Maybe I should lose a few pounds before my next concert....lol....don't I try that every time????? LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Forgot to mention what a beautiful photo with this article!!! Thanks again Gail!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Picture was taken when Michael went to the Bob Saget Scleroderma Foundation Benefit Kathy and there are a few from that time and they are all ohhhhhhhhhhhh beautiful !!!!! :) 

Thanks for article Gail for certainly is different and very interesting !!

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Ah! Ha! Petra. I figured out your age. :)))

Thanks for posting the nice article, Gail, and a very nice photo of MB too. Wish I could be as regimented as MB is healthwise.....he is a great successs at it. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Just found these two tweets on Twitter from Eric Lacy and have actually retweeted second one to MB with my own comment of: "Interesting !!" 

Eric Lacy     @EricLacy                17m       

Had no idea Michael Bolton wrote a song for Kanye West on West's first album. And it featured JayZ

and here is the story he wrote about it:

Grammy Award winner Michael Bolton to produce Detroit film that tells city's comeback story

Eric Lacy | elacy@mlive.com By Eric Lacy | elacy@mlive.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on November 20, 2013 at 6:02 PM, updated November 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM
"What I see in Detroit is this kind of love and loyalty - through the best times and the hardest times. I love a comeback story." -Michael Bolton
MichaelBolton.jpgGrammy Award-winning singer Michael Bolton is working on a documentary that highlights Detroit's comeback. 

DETROIT, MI - Multiple Grammy Award-winning singer Michael Bolton has his sights set on Detroit for an ambitious project aimed to tell the world about its resurgence.

Bolton told MLive on Wednesday his production company is working on a documentary about "the comeback of Detroit" that is expected to be released early next year.

"What I see in Detroit is this kind of love and loyalty - through the best times and the hardest times," Bolton said. "And I love seeing that, and I love a comeback story.

"Detroit (and the effort to produce the documentary) has become a central theme for me, my management, my crew and my film company."

News of Bolton's documentary comes a few weeks before his Dec. 5 concert at the Macomb Music Theatre. The event is a benefit to support a local charity that benefits children in foster care.

Part of the effort involves production of a CD called "A Michigan Christmas of Hope" that features local musicians including Frankie Turner. Proceeds go to charity.

Bolton recently met with Quicken Loans found Dan Gilbert, singer Aretha Franklin, Motown legends like Smokey Robinson and several others for documentary interviews and research.

"I love Detroit," said Bolton, who filmed a portion at the Motown Historical Museum on East Grand Boulevard. "We have interviews from amazing people.

"Now I'm meeting all kinds of people that I didn't know were from Detroit."

Gilbert's plan to transform downtown Detroit through bold real estate ventures impressed Bolton so much that he made it a major focus of the currently untitled project.

"We've been meeting with Dan Gilbert and his group and getting a tour of what they've been building, what they're creating," Bolton said. "It's brilliant.

"We were allowed to bring some of our cameras in and film some of the process of rebuilding Detroit from the center out. And besides what they've done already, what the plans are are staggering. It's phenomenal."

Bolton said he still has plenty of more work to do on the documentary and is trying to get Kid Rock and other high profile people with Detroit ties involved in the project.

For more of my interview with Bolton, check out MLive.com this weekend.

Thanks Gail, this sounds very interesting!!

Robin in MD :)

The ever busy Michael...WOW...thanks Gail for the great article. I am sure with Michael's help they will get more attention for their Detroit cause. Good luck to all of them!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Gail, thanks a million for posting this! Finally, we're getting more info on that Vision Music "Motor City" project we've been hearing about since January! BTW, I've taken the liberty to copy this article to the "Motor City TV show" thread:

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/motor-city-tv-show

Incidentally, I have to ask: what is MLive? This is really exciting and I can't wait to hear more details! Again, thank you Gail, take care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

MLive.com is an onliine newspaper from the Detroit area, Sylvie.  Gail

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service