Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Petra, terrific article, thanks for sharing! Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QCCanada :D

Michael has sent this tweet and photo a short while ago for Mother's Day which we have already celebrated here in the UK:

"Sending lots of love and gratitude on Mothers day to my mom, my sister, my daughters and every mother in the world. Now more than ever, the most important day of the year!!!"

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Sweet! Sylvia, I know Mother's Day is in March in the U.K., but It's Mother's Day in North America today. Thanks for posting, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QCCanada :D

I love his message.  Cute photo too, he's gotta hang those sunglasses on the front of his shirt!! Love it!

Robin in MD :)

I love it too, Robin, and I smile every time I have seen those sunglasses hooked on his shirt or sitting on top of his head :)). Thanks for posting Sylvia and I hope you are enjoying very much your mum being along with you on your MB adventure.....what a grand Mothers Day out for the two of you....and now onto tonight's show :)). Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

I have found a wonderful picture of Michael. I think, it is yet not here in the forum!

The National Television Awards at 02 Arena in London, 22th January 2014.

Petra (Germany)

Hi all,  I know I may be putting this in the wrong place, but I wasn't sure where to put it.  I know Michael is touring in London right now, but I was just wondering if anyone knows, is Michael working on anything new?  New songs, New cd, New dvd, anything?  Just curious!

MaryLynn

Hi Mary Lynn, good to read you here sweetie. If there's anywhere you can ask a miscellaneous question, it's here! :D If you go through these last few pages, there are a few links to articles and interviews. If you don't have time, you'll have to take my word for it. ;D The only things Michael has mentionned in interviews lately, are 4 pending TV series he's involved in the creation, but as he said: you never know with television. He's also said he is conceptualizing  his next CD and he's working on his Broadway songbook. In his latest articles/interviews, he hasn't said anything about the musical he had been working on for a while, nor the "Motor City" project. In case you don't know about it, in a nutshell, the "Motor City" project started with Michael wanting to have a companion documentary for his latest CD, but it evolved into something much bigger, having to do with the reemergence of the city of Detroit. If you'd like to read more about it:

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/motor-city-tv-show

It was first supposed to be a 6 part TV series, but there's been talk about it being a movie that was  to be released this spring, but I'm guessing it's taking longer because of Michael's crazy schedule. Now understand that all of this is brewing, but none of it seems to be nailed down, so it's anyone's guess on completion time.  That's about it, hope that answers your question! :D Take care Mary Lynn and have a great day. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D 

Thanks, for all the great info Sylvie and Gail, it all sounds VERY exciting!

MaryLynn

Here is another artical on the Desert Sun concert and 25th Anniversary. Has interesting info on the cake Michael had done:

http://www.desertsun.com/story/life/2014/05/18/michael-bolton-deser...

The Desert Symphony celebrated its 25th anniversary with special guest artist Michael Bolton at the McCallum Theatre. Ticket prices ($500 to $50,000) included a pre-concert dinner at Wally’s, Morton’s Steakhouse, or Mitch’s On El Paseo.

Event chairs were Harold Matzner, Ron and Sylvia Gregorie, and Patrick and Edi McCarthy. Underwriters included Ron & Sylvia Gregoire, Harold Matzner, Patrick and Edi McCarthy, the Patrick M. McCarthy Foundation, Helene Galen, Jan and Mike Salta, The Donald and Coeta Barker Foundation, El Paseo Jewelers, Melanie Roe and Russell Hiles, Nancy Tapick and Charles Polatsek and Mr. and Mrs. W.R. “Bill” MacAloney.

Symphony founder Marilyn Benachowski said, “We could not have come this far without the support of board president, Nancy Tapick, our board members, patrons, and musicians.”

Emcee Dan McGrath introduced Tapick, who appeared with her dog, “Symphony Sammy” to thank Benachowski and many others, including the symphony’s music director Gary Berkson.

“From the humble beginnings 25 years ago to today’s prestigious cultural organization, helping the Desert Symphony has been my proudest accomplishment” Tapic said, “and I look forward as we continue to meet the musical needs of future generations.”

Michael Bolton, the multiple Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, and social activist had fun with the audience, encouraging them to “sing along” to some of his many hits. The highlight of his performance was when he paid homage to Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti, singing the aria “Nessun Dorma” to a spellbound audience.

Another delight was the presentation of an amazing 25th anniversary cake, commissioned by Bolton from the “Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck” reality TV show based in London. The cake’s creators and designers were flown into Los Angeles to meet with Bolton, who specified exactly what he wanted the design of the cake to be: It bore a striking resemblance of Bolton and music director Berkson, with a desert landscape, musical notes, and musical instruments carved into the cake’s icing.

After the concert, Bolton warmly greeted the silver, bronze, and Director’s Symphony Circle sponsors in the McCallum Founders Room.

Seen in the crowd were Jim Houston and Patricia Bosley, Kay Hanson, Joanne Davis, Dorothy Goldstein, Donna MacMillan, Mitch Gershenfeld, Frances and Spence Lehmann, Nancy Harris, Ted Giatas, Nicole Mare, Sally St. John, Susan Meredith, Ruth and Phillip Elwell, Lola and Walter Green, Loren and Gayle Steele, Stella and Bob Nylund, Lee and Ferra Wetzel, Shelly and Ronald Tamkin.

The Desert Symphony is self-supporting through community contributions and donors.

It’s Children’s Music Discovery Series provides free concerts to school children throughout the Coachella Valley and it is committed to bringing the best “Pops” series each year to the McCallum.

Wow, sounds like a great place to support, thanks for the article Gail, much appreciated. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

WhoSay - image from Michael Bolton

Whosay, Michael Bolton

Petra (Germany)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service