NEW 2011 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEWS WITH US HERE!!!!

Here we go with the New 2011 Concert Tour Review Thread. Michael's tour begins again in the USA in Florida on January 13, 2011!!!!!!!!  I hope Michael is well rested and ready to get back out on the road!

Please share your concert experiences, pictures, video links etc. with us here. We love hearing about the concerts and the great times had by the fans.

You all have made these threads fun in the past and I look forward to more adventures and fun this year!!

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews once again and also contributing some of my own in 2011!

Have fun everyone!! Not much longer till Michael and the band hit the road again!

Robin in Maryland,  USA

Views: 43901

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for link Astrid - absolutely beautiful !!! :)   The acoustics are wonderful.....wonder how much it cost to build and no wonder it is one of the most expensive places, as far as ticket prices are concerned, to attend a show !!!

Thanks again Astrid !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Thank you Sylvia and Astrid for the links to the 2 duets. I enjoyed them both but felt a little extra kick on "The prayer", a little more gusto than usual, very nice girls, thank you for sharing! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Here is a great article of Michael performing in Dubai:

http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/music/much-more-than-classic...

Eva

Thanks for the article Eva M and I suppose when even glaring mistakes are made in relation to MB still worthwhile reading and seeing the media taking an interest in him !!! :)

Thanks again Eva M. !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend. 

Hi Sylvia, may I ask for a copy/paste of the article please? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks Eva for sharing the link. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Eva, I'm just now catching up on here.. Been doing a home improvement project with the hubby the last few days..

Now I can catch up.

THANKS!! I hope now MB can get some rest.

Robin in MD:)

To Make Me Feel Your Love always makes me cry. Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Much more than classics at Bolton's Dubai show

Singer/ songwriter Michael Bolton didn’t quite bring the house down when he performed at the Jumeirah Madinat Arena on Thursday night to a mostly seated and mostly forty-something audience

• By Leslie Wilson Jr, Racing & Special Features Writer
  • Published: 15:23 November 25, 2011

• Michael Bolton at Madinat Jumeirah on Thursday, November 24, 2011. Where the striking blue-eyed soul singer scored heavily was in charming the pants off the sell-out crowed with his understated, yet extremely likeable style.

Dubai: Singer/ songwriter Michael Bolton didn’t quite bring the house down when he performed at the Jumeirah Madinat Arena on Thursday night to a mostly seated and mostly forty-something audience, but he did succeed in shaking a few legs during his 90-minute concert.

However, where the striking blue-eyed soul singer did score heavily was in charming the pants off the sell-out crowed with his understated, yet extremely likeable style. Wearing blue jeans and an assortment of black shirts and T-shirts Bolton belted out a string of hits which included rousing covers of Otis Redding’s soulful 1967 hit (Sitting on) The Dock of the Bay, George Gershwin’s 1935 classic Summertime, Luciano Pavarotti’s powerful aria Nessun Dorma, and his very own smash hits Said I Loved You… but I Lied and How Can We Be Lovers.

With his husky, soulful baritone Bolton, a self-styled vegetarian for the past 36 years, became one of the most distinguished and popular vocalists to emerge in the mid-80s and his Dubai gig demonstrated just why he recorded eight top 10 selling albums, had several number one singles and was the recipient of both Grammy and American Music Awards.

“The good thing about have a hit is that the rent cheques stop bouncing,” Bolton joked before bursting into How Am I Supposed to Live Without You, an unflinching look at heartbreak that went down well with the audience who were also treated to some great, offhanded gospel-tinged vocals on his Grammy winning cover version of Percy Sledge’s 1966 hit When A Man Loves A Woman.

More bright spots than misses

Bolton juggled songs of merit, like the rocking Sweet Home Chicago and Time, Love & Tenderness with the less distinctive You Don’t Know Me and To Love Somebody, but the bright spots more than made up for the misses.

As a singer Bolton has performed with some of the greatest recording artists of our time including Ray Charles, Placido Domingo, BB King, Zucchero, Celine Dion, Cher and Patti LaBelle and the richness of those experiences can be felt when Bolton performs live. Keeping the collaborative spirit alive he delivered a captivating duet with the classical-trained Kelly Levesque on the ruminating ballad To Make You Feel My Love.

Great night out

Bolton left the stage after stretching his vocal chords for 80-odd minutes before returning for the customary encore where he treated the crowd to an expertly performed interpretation of U2’s 1994 tribute to Martin Luther King Jr. Pride (In The Name of Love).

Bolton live was a great night out and you didn’t need to have been a huge fan to have enjoyed the show. But for those who know him from his famously long-haired days, you could see that he is maturing quite gracefully.

And yes, he did auction his hair when he cut it all off in 1997 and raised about $9,000 for women and children at risk.

OMG Gail.....how funny is that.....I was trying to add that article but it apparently wouldn't go in and I thought it was too large so I have started a thread on it (which I will now cancel) and came back in here to see if article had come out and you have put it in perfectly but mine has gone in too (which I also will cancel)  !!!    Can I ask how you managed to miss out that "silly" Asda advert because I believe possibly that was what was increasing the size and causing the problem although my copy came out with that but not with the picture of Michael although, to me, I had copied that picture.....anybody any ideas or will we just put it down to the "Sylvia Syndrome" and quietly forget all about it ????? LOL.

Read Gail's and enjoy girls but I did try Sylvie, honest !!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia,.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Gail, thank you sweetie, I appreciate it. From the tone of the article, it seems Michael doesn't go there very often, does he? :D Thanks again Gail, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

P.S.: Sylvia, I believe you! :D

Seems to have been a bit of a mixed reaction to the concert in Dubai for as you say Juliet good to hear somebody really enjoying show and thinking Michael was great and not being a Michael fan but coming away "converted".....hope there was many more like that in the audience and that was one impression that was left on a blog that the show was super but someone else put in a comment that they were disappointed in the show ...... also too I read on FB a comment, by a fan of Michael's, who wanted to attend but were asking why that venue had been chosen as it was the most expensive, or, one of the most expensive in Dubai and they, along with others, couldn't afford it  !!   Suppose it basically comes down to: "You can't please all the people all the time !!"

Sylvie; I am going to keep practicing with that article because it is a good one to practice with when there is a picture plus a video advert so if anyone sees a Word Pad spinning out of control on here it is definitely down to "Sylvia Syndrome" - quite like having that condition....far better than "numpty".... although have no care for its initials but maybe that is what I am needing the SS....."We have vays of making you vork harder !!!"       Astrid - you know me and you know political correctness doesn't exist for me just truth and honesty - but I still apologise to you and my German cousins if my joke was distasteful to any of you !    One reason for all this "gibberish" this morning is I am happy because last night little Jack Sparrow was just a few off of 57 million and I am away to youtube to confirm that it has reached that astronomical figure....rock 'n roll onto 60 !!!!! :)   The Captain has done it and is now standing at 57,068,243 million - fantastic !!!!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend

Hey Sylvia, I just wanted to come in and say thanks for the smile this morning... There are times when I just come in and have to read your comments twice or 3 times: once for the info, twice for the understanding of the info and thrice for the sheer amazement of one's brain conceiving of this text! lol Here's a thought: how about copy/pasting the text in 2 parts, without the picture in Microsoft Word and then grabbing the unformatted text and copying in here? I figure it might be easier to copy the pic separately, or is this complicating your life? Sorry I said anything! :D All I can say is good luck sweetie and thanks again for the smile, God bless. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service