Thought best to start a new thread so this info doesn't get lost in the "jungle" elsewhere as pretty important info and it is that Michael has said twice in interviews in last few days that he is working on a new CD which will be released this year and looks as though before UK concert tour in October. 

First link is to a podcast interview in which he specifically mentions new CD will be "greatest hits"  As can't open and listen to interview not absolutely certain what he says as info have received is from a third party so if anyone can listen to it and would like to elaborate, for those of us who can't open it, should be more than grateful for any input. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/michael-bolton-talks-great-musi...

Second link is to his interview on Excess Hollywood Live from 4th May and Kathy Rosario has kindly produced this video from her TV.  Some may not be able to access it as Kathy has it set for "friends and friends of" on FB where she shared it to my page, therefore, if you are not on FB nor friends with me you probably won't be able to access.  Here is a transcript of, nearly verbatim, what Michael says in regard to album during the interview:

"Working on the music now for the next album. Can't tell you what it is. It's a very specific concept but it is really exciting and an enormous amount of work and I have to do it before my Australian Tour in June so we are recording every day and night here in LA and if I can finish it the way I would like to, then I will leave Perth Studio and go to Sydney, Melbourne, etc on my tour and then the album will come out and then I will tour England and the UK."  

In his Q&A's session, when he was travelling to The Grove for the Premiere of documentary film, Michael did say he would be working with the Perth Symphony Orchestra whilst he was in Australia on a huge project so, looks as though, album was what he was referring to.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/michael-bolton-talks-great-musi...

Definitely going to be a wonderful 2018 with a new album and will post anything hear about and please, please everyone, feel more than free to contribute whatever you hear, or see, as any info will be more than gratefully received.

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Views: 693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvia, I'm still trying to work out the bugs out of this new computer, but hopefully |I'm back on the forum and couldn't have picked a better day to do so it seems. :D Thanks for the wonderful news! Now I don't know where I've read this, but I did read somewhere that the Australian tour, either was known as the |"Symphonic tour", or was to include a symphony orchestra, so I'm thinking we just might have a very special-sounding symphonic greatest hits album. I do hope Michael has more surprises in store! :D Thanks for this thread and always keeping us in the know Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

As said before great to see you back Sylvie and I have to apologise for not being on these threads to answer comments or whatever as am still not getting any notifications from website and only because came in here to post podcast have found people have been in ... will get there !!! lol

Good to have you back and it is being called the "Symphony Tour" that is what the poster for it says.

Hi again Sylvia, don't worry about it, I'm getting selective notifications too. The important thing is that we are getting some and as I've said: it's great to be back! Take care.  Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

I just want to bring this to your attention on this album Michael is talking about.  First, I dont' know anymore than you guys but remember you are working on Michael time and his perfection on projects. If he is recording this in June, I wouldn't expect it in 2018....just my thoughts!! ;)

No Gail he is not recording it in June he is finishing it up in June with the Perth Symphony Orchestra for he says he has and is recording right now in the studio.

Sylvia  Your wee Scottish friend

Thanks Gail!!!!!! Only Michael knows the truth and the "time" for that... LOL. Thanks!!!!!

Thanks Sylvia for info. I heard Michael say that he's working day and night on this new CD and he did mention greatest hits with symphony.  Hope it's songs that aren't on the other greatest hits albums. Michael should ask the fans what songs we'd like.

Michael talking on Delilah Radio on Friday when he talks about his documentary and also about his new album he is working on which he describes as being "lush" !!! :)     

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/michael-bolton/id1185710201?i=1...

Super pic Drew McKeon has shared on Instagram of himself and Michael, along with others, in recording studio working on new album.  In pic there is Steve Milo, Brian Becvar, Nelson Braxton and also Chris Camozzi.  Another couple of guys in pic and one is Chris Walden a composer and believe other is Jim Henson from Company Lot.

https://instagram.com/p/BjBXC8_gYvk/

Sylvia  Your wee Scottish friend

OMG, Chris Camozzi will be on the album? That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Have decided to place this interview Michael has given prior to his tour of Australia and New Zealand here because in it it says Michael says he will be RECORDING the PERTH show and we have heard he is going to Perth prior to tour starting to work with the orchestra there so whether for an album OR a DVD we will have to wait for confirmation just in case reporter has it kind of wrong (although we all know they have never been known to do that !!! LOL)

https://www.couriermail.com.au/lifestyle/uonsunday/michael-bolton-i...

Here is transcript of interview ..... 

The multiple Grammy-winning performer – who is about to embark on an Australian greatest-hits tour backed by a full orchestra – has sold more than 75 million albums since the breakthrough success of his 1987 album The Hunger, which featured the Billboard top-20 hits That’s What Love Is All About and (Sittin’ on) The Dock of the Bay.

But as Bolton tells U on Sunday, that success was a long time coming, and came after the then-head of Columbia Records, Al Teller, convinced Bolton – who had been writing songs for other artists in addition to doggedly pursuing his own singing career – to consider holding on to some of the softer-edged compositions he had been writing for other artists to record himself.

“I think I wound up putting out nine albums – or recording nine albums – that over an 18-year period did not succeed,” the 65-year-old says. “Al Teller had the good sense to call me out, basically, and say, ‘I know you’re enjoying rock but your strength is this music you’re writing for other people; can you record an album where you keep these songs for yourself and let go of this wall of sound you’re trying to do?’

“At the same time, a song I’d written that Laura Branigan recorded, How Am I Supposed to Live Without Yo u, had become the first hit that I ever wrote, so I was succeeding as an artist and a writer and as a producer at the same time after many, many failures – near successes, but attempts that failed.”

Greater success followed, with his follow-up album Soul Provider selling more than 12 million copies worldwide and producing five hit singles – including How Am I Supposed to Live Without You and How Can We Be Lovers and his following three albums were also multi-platinum hits.

In 2011, his career took another unexpected turn when he was approached by musical-comedy troupe The Lonely Island – comprised of Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone and Saturday Night Live star Andy Samberg – to collaborate with them on the track Captain Jack Sp arrow.

The song – and its accompanying video, which was aired as a digital short on SNL – revolves around the troupe attempting to collaborate with Bolton on a braggadocio hip-hop track about meeting women at clubs and subsequently winning their favour with their charisma and magnetism.

At the start of the video, Bolton apologises to for being late, explaining he has been caught up watching a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon. He then tells the trio he has come up with a “big, sexy hook” for the song and proceeds to intensely sing about “the tale of Captain Jack Sparrow, pirate so brave on the seven seas” in increasing detail during the song’s bridges, before singing lurid precis about other films including Forrest Gump, Erin Brockovich and Scarface.

The video quickly became a viral hit – it has since been viewed more than 184 million times on YouTube – and revealed Bolton’s hitherto-unseen, seemingly innate ability to poke fun at himself. It also exposed him to an entirely different audience.

“Since Captain Jack Sparrow went viral, people have been coming to shows yelling ‘Jack Sparrow, Jack Sparrow’,” Bolton says, “so we do a couple of verses and the chorus and the ones yelling for me to do it will be cheering and I’ll look out to the audience and there will be all these other people with their jaws dropped, not knowing what it is, and I’ll have to explain it to them.”

It begs the question, did Bolton – who exuded such a serious, earnest demeanour in his music videos and interviews from the late-’80s through to the ’90s – always have a penchant for self-deprecation and parody bubbling just beneath the surface?

“Those serious interviews and the intensity that I think would come from me was basically based upon trying to make it for 18 years and not having rent cheques clear and a lot of very serious kind of fearful times,” Bolton reflects.

“I think that’s what I carried with me to interviews, without discussing it openly; it was 18 years in the making and when it happened, it was fast and furious and I thought it could go away just as quickly.”

Bolton, who has just finished rehearsing with The Lonely Island ahead of the troupe’s first live performance, says he’s looking forward to the rare opportunity of performing with a full orchestra on his Australian tour and says he will be recording the Perth show.

“I’ve never worked this closely with anyone – in this case Chris Walden, who’s brilliant – on orchestrations before. It’s really exciting, it’s another dimension to bring to music that people know and have had as the backdrop, kind of soundtrack of their lives.”

Michael Bolton will perform at The Star Gold Coast on June 14.

Hey Sylvia, great article/interview, thanks for posting! It doesn't really say anything about a DVD, unless I missed something. In any case, that's great news, thanks for sharing, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service