Hello.  I've posted some new to me videos on youtube that you might want to watch :)   Here are a few links:

Michael on The Nanny:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwx9KM-Ej1s

Michael on  Politically Incorrect part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93hdkLTq2s0 and part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlinxd1zirE

and Michael on Charlie Rose part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KX6THlE6f0 and part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43gsUb5eOjc

Enjoy them for the first time or once again :)  Payten

Views: 39843

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all,

Did some Googling and found this out:

I think even though the name of the album is just "Blackjack" it's also the name of the band so some refer to it's album name as "Hard Finish Long Playing" which it says right on the front of the album jacket. Makes sense? So................when they say "hard finish, long playing" it doesn't mean they are describing the actual physical record, it doesn't mean anything. The album cover art is a take off on an actual deck of cards.
Joy
Blackjack Album Cover
Actual deck of Tally-Ho Playing Cards

Person who designed the album cover
Lists 2 albums Blackjack 1979 & Worlds Apart 1980

Hi Girls and thanks a million for all the input and all the hard work in tracking the information down !! :)   I have taken a couple pictures of the cover so that you can see exactly what I have been looking at but as I say obviously just an error on the part of those who produced it and why I don't know because on another section it says about "Tracks 1-10 from debut album, Blackjack (1979 Polydor 6215)"

Before I put in pictures  have also spotted something else for in Amazon it says the ones they have are from 2009 Remastered but the one I have actually says it is from "2006 Lemon Recordings a branch of Cherry Red Records Ltd." and that is on the actual CD and the backcover of the sleeve.......I think we should just play it and enjoy it - eh ??????? LOL.

Sorry photos aren't crystal clear but I took them before I had my first cup of tea......that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it nothing to do with it being freezing cold here....yeah back to glove time in the house !!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Joy, who knew Black Jack had a Wiki page? Very cool! I tried accessing the 3 articles listed but they're PDF files, according  to my son and hopefully, we'll be able to retrieve them soon. Sounds like fun reading! Thanks again Joy for the research and the links. :D Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

I love the design of the playing cards Joy!!!    I wonder if they ever actually made any packs?  

We could all get together once a year for an International Blackjack/Michael Poker Day, proceeds to MBC, whilst playing soooo much brilliant music .... oh I'm a genius!!!  I only say that because there's no chance anyone else will! lol

hugs, di 

Diane,

The Tally Ho cards are actual cards, you are talking about the BlackJack?  That's just the album cover, they didn't actually make cards that I know of.  I searched quite a bit online and there was no such thing as an actual deck of cards called "Blackjack" brand. 

MB Poker Day!  Sounds like fun!!

Joy

Beautiful icon Joy and for Sylvie and Robin CA it is from bottom up a small piece of a gambling table and on it are three piles of different coloured chips then above that is a winning hand in poker - don't know what it is called as I don't play poker - showing the 10 to the ace in spades and I will hazard a guess at a "royal flush" for that is about the only term I know and then above that is little pictures of the suits in a deck and they are hanging from a "streamer spray" of red and to finish off there is a "streamer spray" of black .....only thing missing is MB !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi girls, thanks for the icon Joy and thanks Sylvia for the description. BTW, Robin R doesn't follow this thread. I know nothing but isn't the winning hand called a full house? In any case, to my knowledge, the only Blackjack cards are oversized '8 X '10  and were part of a store display: just a bit inconvenient to play! lol Take care girls. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

I wondered whether they may have produced a few packs of Blackjack playing cards, perhaps with a pic of each band member in the centre, for each suit.  That's my imagination taking over! lol  Thanks for searching Joy and Sylvia's right, the icon's fantastic! :) 

di xx 

Sylvia,

Thanks for catching me on that one!  Usually Kathy does it.  I sometimes forget to leave a description of my "icons" for Sylvie B. and/or Robin R.

Joy

Hi Folks,

I have never heard the below song, maybe some of you have and can supply a little bit more information for there is very little that goes along with it except that it is called "What You're Doing To Me" and it is classed as "very rare" and then has the year 2010 beside it but no other information.....it was uploaded to youtube just today and in some respects I would say it sounds similar to "The Man" which we never really got a lot of information about either OR are they little "teasers" being released of what the new album may contain and someone is trying to gauge reaction to this slightly new style ???? :)   I hope you enjoy because I did for I think it is beautiful !!! :)

Maybe too I am "clutching at straws" here but as the cover picture for the video has written on it "Michael Bolton Forever" could I have misconstrued the words "together" and "forever" in my deciphering of Michael's writing....does he do a nice fancy loop at the top of his "f's" and for Sylvie there is also written at the top Michael Bolton once more but below that in fancy script is written "straight from the heart"...I wonder ??? :)

http://youtu.be/N2ExDTaefNc

Hey Sylvia, solver to the rescue! :D Well first, both “What you’re doing to me” and “My lady” are from the U.S. version of “One world one love” and “Warm and tender love is a Percy Sledge cover and was included both on the U.K. release of “Timeless classics vol 2” in 1999 and an EP sampler, I believe the same year. The EP contains: “Soul provider”, “Time love and tenderness”, “Missing you now”, “What you won’t do for love” and “Warm and tender love”. I will E-mail you a link on where to find the song. Hope that helps miss Speculator! :D Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Thanks for all that information Sylvie the Solver and obviously my "Timeless Classics Vol.2" is not the UK release as it does not have that song on it but you did send it to me on a disc and that was the first time I had heard it and I have always loved that song and when I heard Mr. Bolton singing it ...well !!!!! :)))))))))))))))))    My copy of "One World One Love" is obviously not the US version for it doesn't have those songs......see all these different versions.... why and why can't we all be allowed to hear and love ALL these songs....kind of baffles me !!! :)

Thanks again Sylvie and I will check before I believe everything I read on youtube in the future !!!!!!!! LOL.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service