New Year Resolutions for 2012....with a completely NEW slant !!!

Following a request and suggestion from a very dear friend of all of ours on this forum, Sylvie from Canada, I’ve agreed to set up this thread on behalf of both of us and hope that you’ll join in the fun .

Sylvie's idea came from the age old New Year resolution pledges that we’ve all made and have often all broken, throughout the years, and hoped that by trying a "new sauce" on that "old turkey"  it could feel easier for us all and give us a chance to be able to "pat ourselves on the back" and proudly say we achieved our goal of following to the end our... "New Month"... resolution instead........ what do you think?

We both agreed that the month of January would be a "freeby" so we can share suggestions if any of our usual active forum members are interested in this project which, we both hope, will turn into something worthwhile and a lot of fun too.  So guys, if you’d like to take part, please feel free to share your ideas of what you think would be useful and fun resolutions for all of us to follow each month. 

Obviously this January is, apart from a "freeby" month, a trial month too so that Sylvie and I can see your interest in this and figure out what the majority think so that we can start February with a very firm idea of what our 1st Resolution will be.  Each one, thereafter, will be clearly displayed before the month begins and will be advertised with an MB calendar as is shown below for our "freeby" month of January.  We hope that each month we can all share stories, tips and cheer each other on.

If you’re interested please join in and give us your thoughts and let’s make this great forum even more of a fun place to visit where we can all come together as friends, thanks to our love and admiration for our Michael.

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia, your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 3902

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sylvie and Sylvia, what a great idea.  I do have a question...do these resolutions all have to do with Michael or just things we want to share about resolutions in general?  Gail

I know for a fact that Sylvie had the idea of general resolutions to follow Gail...... BUT...... I believe I can speak for both of us and say, if anyone can come up with one that relates in some way to Michael; PLEASE, let us hear it !!! lol.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Gail, I have one: I've made the resolution to go to a Michael Bolton concert this year! lol Take care sweetie and thanks for your interest! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada ;D

As for me, I resolve to Pester the heck out of the radio station & dj to have "Love Is Everything" played! And also to Pester the venue that I most like here in Ky. to have Michael back to our town for his Duets tour:)!

Mary (M&M's)!

Believe without doubt Sylvie and Mary to go to a MB concert that will be a resolution for the majority of us ......for that one to be achieved we need Michael to make a resolution that he will find out where we all stay and play a venue as close as possible to us  !!! lol.

How is about for a resolution that we all submit a joke and we are required to get 5 people to say on the thread that they laughed at it and ONE of those people must be MB himself........how that would be achieved I don't know BUT maybe, just maybe, he would be "game for a laugh" and join in.......we could tell him if he agreed he could pick the month for the "joke" resolution himself !! lol    Never know maybe Michael would submit a joke and see if he could get 5 laughs out of it ....like his one I laugh at every time I hear it about being so ugly that every time his dog went to hump him it closed its eyes or the one about his wife who always likes to talk after sex; she phoned him the other night from some hotel room ........boom, boom !!!!! LOL.   As I am talking about jokes here is one for you all:  there is a sign placed beside a swimming pool and it says; "Everybody is welcome at our   ool !!  You will notice that the "p" is missing from "pool" please keep it that way !!"   

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend. 

Hey Sylvia, the first step for Michael would be to read our “Tour wish list” and go from there. The jokes you’re mentioning are Rodney Dangerfield’s. I love yours about the “ool” though! Girl, if Michael would post here, you’d better sell tickets for charity to that one! :D Take care sweetie and have a great day. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

There is an idea Sylvie that maybe we could tempt Michael with.....only allowed to take part in voting for Michael's joke if you produce paypal receipt number for donation to MBC !!!! LOL.  Get the forum working for him...why not ????? lol.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvie and Sylvia, I am not too often in the off topic thread, but obviously I missed half of the fun. Although I really love the idea of jokes, I don't think we should count on MB. A jewish friend once told me, that telling jokes to Jews is frustrating, because first they tell you how old the joke is - even if you invented it yourself just a minute ago - , second they accuse you of having screwed up the punch line and third they would immediately start to tell you the joke in the right way ... And since MB is jewish ... on the other hand - we would get lots of jokes in return LOL

Greetings from Germany

Astrid

Hey Astrid, I’m with you about the unlikelihood of Michael’s participation. Now I don’t know if your Juish friend was right but I got a good laugh at that one! Lol Thanks for sharing sweetie and hope you do join in our thread. Take care Astrid and check your personal in-box. :D Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

My new years resolution is to some how get michael to let me cut his hair.Just a dream of mine since i got my hairdressing license back in 1987. Any ideas ?

I don't think Laura that Michael would let any of us near his hair with a pair of scissors ...lol.    I believe that is going more into the realms of fantasy than a resolution that can be achieved.   Possibly a resolution that you could have is that you get near enough to him to run your fingers through his hair.....that might be doable !!!!! :)

Thanks for your input Laura and have you any ideas of a resolution that you would like to follow for a month and have all of us join in with you ?? :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi sylvia thanks for the imput, but i have to tell you nothing is impossible. People told me i would fail alot in my life that this or that was not possible. Not true thats why they call them dreams. I was told i would never see him in concert i have seen him every year since 1987, They said i would never get  the front row , which i get every time i see him, also that i would never meet him or touch his hand or speak to him or his mom or brother. I have done all of them. You just have to keep the faith and wait and see. Never give up.  Listen this has nothing to do with michael, i want to cut a celebrity's hair i just respect and love his music and like me he is a dreamer never giving up. So i thought why not him. Maybe he would give me a chance. Its just a haircut not a marriage proposal. So i will keep on dreamin and i hope everyone on here never gives up there dreams cause you just never know. It may come true. Take care and good luck on your resolutions too.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service