New Year Resolutions for 2012....with a completely NEW slant !!!

Following a request and suggestion from a very dear friend of all of ours on this forum, Sylvie from Canada, I’ve agreed to set up this thread on behalf of both of us and hope that you’ll join in the fun .

Sylvie's idea came from the age old New Year resolution pledges that we’ve all made and have often all broken, throughout the years, and hoped that by trying a "new sauce" on that "old turkey"  it could feel easier for us all and give us a chance to be able to "pat ourselves on the back" and proudly say we achieved our goal of following to the end our... "New Month"... resolution instead........ what do you think?

We both agreed that the month of January would be a "freeby" so we can share suggestions if any of our usual active forum members are interested in this project which, we both hope, will turn into something worthwhile and a lot of fun too.  So guys, if you’d like to take part, please feel free to share your ideas of what you think would be useful and fun resolutions for all of us to follow each month. 

Obviously this January is, apart from a "freeby" month, a trial month too so that Sylvie and I can see your interest in this and figure out what the majority think so that we can start February with a very firm idea of what our 1st Resolution will be.  Each one, thereafter, will be clearly displayed before the month begins and will be advertised with an MB calendar as is shown below for our "freeby" month of January.  We hope that each month we can all share stories, tips and cheer each other on.

If you’re interested please join in and give us your thoughts and let’s make this great forum even more of a fun place to visit where we can all come together as friends, thanks to our love and admiration for our Michael.

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia, your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 3902

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm forgetting this is the beginning of October....haven't even done my wee calendar page for this month yet....oh dear, dear, dear !!! lol.  

One thing I know for sure door will not be getting varnished this side of Christmas because I am now on strict orders to stop being so damn stubborn and give in for a little while, or at least definitely until the meds kick in, and so that is what I am going to do for it is a wee, wee bout of pneumonia I have which I suspected and which made me take myself to doctor today and she has put me on amoxycillin, highest strength to give it a good kick in the butt from the first off and all I can say is thank goodness Michael has never announced any concerts for here right now !! :)

I hope that you manage to keep that resolution you are promising yourself and if so that is you covered for the next couple of months....I will need to start thinking on something else....door has gone and gym is out for a little while......just do as I am told...... do you think that will be as good a resolution for me to try and follow as any and will be a miracle if I achieve it ??? LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Oh Sylvia, that's a big fat open door if I've ever seen one! lmao Yes, absolutely: doing as you're told should be your next resolution! lol Good grief Sylvia, even when you get sick, you don't do things halfway... Now remember what the doctor had said to Michael 2 years ago: complete bed rest for a few days, okay mademoiselle? I'm just glad for you that your gym membership is "pay as you go". I had a feeling when you described your cough, that it wasn't just some ordinary cold or flu. Well anyway, do take care of yourself Sylvia and let us know if you think of something to finish up the month, depending when you're feeling well enough. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Take care of yourself, Wee One, and hope you get well soon.

Hugs,

Kathy T.:-))

Thanks Kathy T and hey Sylvie I remember that and I kind of offered to help Michael out then so do you think he would return the favour ????? ROFL.   One thing he could do is that old nebulizer he had, as he passes back over from China to the States, he could look up Google Earth and locate my back garden and throw it into it for me or he could always tweet me a joke or even better still come into this thread and put a joke on here.....no.....och well, worth a try !!! LOL.

In the meantime, while we are waiting for Michael to put some words on here, here is a picture of him and it is the calendar for October and I have used my imagination incredibly well for this one....I don't think.....Jack is lying on the bed supposedly holding the calendar page and he did quite well for I took a few pics and considering flash going off too he took it well....think those cats are well used to me and the daft things I expect them to do.....and picture of Michael shows top half of him in profile with arm bent and mic up to mouth and he has on what looks like a bomber style, rather beautiful, leather jacket.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, well you’ve been so kind and generous with your offers to Michael that I’m sure he’d love to take care of you, if he had nothing on his schedule... ;D Now about your picture,it does sound great: no one could accuse you of being unoriginal and using fallen leaves or a pumpkin for October! Hey wait, what color is Jack? Just wondering. :D Congratulations to Jack for being such a good kitty: I guess he’s used to being in the spotlight. :D Well all right Sylvia, do take care of yourself and get some rest okay? Keeping your spirits up is one thing, as long as you don’t laugh/cough yourself into a seizure, so take it easy. Big bear hugs to you, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada xxx

Do get well soon Sylvia and take care of yourself!!!! 

Cute kitty photo!! Well....definitely like its owner. Birds of a feather stick together or should I say....cats all furry are in no hurry...to displease their owners!!! LOL The photo is proof of how obedient your cat is and happy to please you!!!! A Bolton fan no doubt!!

Feel better soon Wee One!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Thanks girls and I am feeling better, but night before last and yesterday....oh boy....thought I had hit rock bottom again and then today felt things picking up and don't tell anyone but I went out for a walk today.....couldn't stand it in the house any longer and listening to that Bolton guy....OMG, he was starting to drive me up the wall ....I nearly started listening to Springsteen but decided to get out in the sun instead and felt the benefit of too even though I was shattered when I got home and lay down and promptly fell asleep....that is why I am up late tonight playing catch up because I am sure I won't sleep as I have already had six hours since this afternoon....if you could only get paid for sleeping I would be a millionaire !!! LOL.     It has to be a lovely weekend here so I think I might go back to the gym tomorrow............joke, joke, joke !!!!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better.  Take care of yourself!!!

Robin in MD:)

You are getting better, made me laugh, Wee One. Still take care and caution.
Oh, and Jack is adorable and especially that guy on the calendar, lol..........

Hugs,

Kathy T.:-)

Hey Sylvia, thanks for posting your health update. Do take care of yourself and take it easy: pneumonia doesn't switch on and off, remember that, okay? Good to have you back, take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Sylvia, Sorry to hear you have been sick...with that phneumonia:(  I had that a few years ago, and I was sick in the bed for an entire week...it was Aweful! So get back to bed, you really do need to rest, it's the best! Drink lots of fluids!

Get well soon:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Glad you are feeling spunky again Sylvia! Getting out in to the fresh air is a healthy thing to do and coming back to sleep is even healthier :)))) Take care!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service