New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Allo Katia, mes sincères félicitations pour ton succès et je t’en souhaite autant pour ton maintien! Oh que je comprends la pauvre Françoise : l’an dernier, je me suis foulé la cheville et avais même du mal à supporter la couverture sur mon pied. Je t’en prie, dis-lui de notre part qu’elle prenne ça un jour à la fois, en se disant que ce n’est que temporaire. Je suis sûre qu’au moins d’ici 10 jours, elle pourra s’y habituer et au moins dormir dans son propre lit : une étape à la fois. Quant à mes ballades, elles ne sont que dans mon salon! Lol J’aimaintenant besoin de ma canne blanche, même pour me promener dans mon entrée, ce qui me sourit guère, alors la télé ou ma musique me tient compagnie. :D Je vous souhaite à toi et Matéo de toujours rester aussi proches, même s’il devient un grand garçon. Je sais ce que c’est : mon plus jeune pourra apprendre à conduire bientôt, quoique dans ma tête, il n’est même pas ado! :D Tu lui souhaiteras le plus joyeux anniversaire de notre part! Fais attention à toi Katia et on te permet un petit morceau de gâteau vendredi, okay? Bonne semaine ma belle. Gros bisous et câlins, sincèrement, Sylvie QcCanada

Hi all and so glad to hear things working out well for everyone and so pleased to hear Katia that you have achieved the weight loss you wanted.....that is super and congratulations !!!! :)  As far as my weight is concerned I am well and truly stuck but suppose better that than creeping up !!! lol.   Haven't been back at gym nor this week have I had much opportunity for good long walks as we are just about back in the grip of winter as we have frosts, high winds, temps falling to below double figures during day with at least zero at night and snow on the hills forecasted over last few days and to last all week......forget summer for spring has disappeared here !!!!! LOL.   Odd days we have beautiful sunshine and even today it has come and gone and looks quite lovely from inside and then you step out the door  !!! LOL

Trouble is I was going to start thinking seriously of jobs to do outside but it is pointless to consider anything so over week will finish decorating bathroom and get stuck into ancestry again and that is me apart from trying to get into serious exercising.....got a good excuse to do exercises now .... keep warm !!!! LOL.

Good luck for next week  to you all !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, good luck with everything, including getting warmer weather! :D Take care and have a successful week! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Merci pour tout sylvie et surtout pour mon Matéo, désolé pour les balades, j'avais mal compris ou peut etre parceque je suis blonde et en plus française, non je rigole!!!Merci pour ma boltonette préférée je lui ai transmis ton message et cela la touche énormément, tu es adorable. je te fais d'énormes bisous et je dis à bientôt

katia

Sylvia, merci également de ton soutien, et je te souhaite que le soleil arrive enfin, mais tu as plein de projets alors bonne chance et à bientôt, prends soin de toi

Sylvia, thank you also for your support and I wish you the sun finally arrives, but you have a lot of projects so good luck and see you soon, take care of yourself

bises

katia

Merci girls and sun is shining today and sky nice and clear so will wrap up well and get out for good long walk.....yeah.....start those exercises !!!!!! LOL.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday and a great last day of April for remember tomorrow is "white rabbits, white rabbits, white rabbits"  !!!!!! LOL.

OMG.....Wee One strikes again.....I had just about finished putting in a post and saw a spelling mistake and went to change before I signed my name and I hit wrong button and the whole lot just vanished......you know how the air can turn blue well think I have just used some expressions I didn't even know I knew !!!!!! LOL.   Oh well nothing for it but here goes again ........firstly I had put in a photo for the calendar page of May and it shows a picture of Michael which is one admin used and still use for certaing things apart from it being the one that was on here before we got the makeover and it is a head and shoulder shot of MB and he has on a black jumper/sweater and the background is either a tiled one or a curtain/drape and it is made up of white/grey/silver little tile metallic effect squares and it is a rather lovely picture and I have placed it on a page in my Atlas which shows Poland and Latvia as I thought that was appropriate for this month.

and then what I went onto say about is that I am delighted with the way things have worked out this week for I have, on the weight front, lost.......I have lost 2 pounds and so am now back on course and have lost overall this year now so am delighted with that and what I mentioned was that I have in fact changed my diet a little and have introduced a menu of stuffed peppers that I and my mum followed about 30 years ago when I lost weight but to her consternation she put on and so I ended up following this particular diet on my own.   The diet was one devised by a singer/entertainer's wife that we had here called Harry Secombe and he always veared on the overweight side and once when his doctor had advised him to lose weight his wife came up with a diet in which he did lose a lot and as I say I followed and too lost the weight I wanted and it was last week in supermarket saw beautiful large peppers and it brought menu back to mind so I started on it and it seems to be working once again even although it must be with about a 30 year gap.  I can't remember the whole diet that she made up and obviously over the years have lost diet sheet but even with that one main meal if it works I will keep with it !!! lol.

Also too because weather has been bad here during week and didn't get out for normal walks decided to start decorating bathroom again and have in fact nearly finished for just have round window to do and am going to do that this afternoon as it is pouring of rain here again today.   I love the way it is all working out for with the tiles being beautiful and bright again and the paintwork looking so fresh you would think the sun was shining when you go in....more than pleased with !! :)   If weather continues the way it is will get onto paintwork in hall and if it picks up any, which the forecast doesn't say it will, maybe I will get that storm door varnished !!!   Here right now we have strange weather for with the size of the British Isles one would think you were in two different countries for down south they are having a mini heatwave with temperatures being more like June than in May and yet with us on Saturday night we had a frost and in the Hebrides they had thick snow.......spring has gone and we have winter again......summer just decided not to appear !!! LOL

Right, before I stand a chance of hitting a wrong button again I am going to shut-up and post this and if I think of anything else will come back on later !!!!!!! LOL.

Hey Sylvia, heehee, I was gonna say: if there’s a mistake, don’t sign your name! Lol If only it worked that way... ;D Girl, you’re having fun making up these calendar pages, aren’t you? :D I’m very happy for you, kudos on the weight loss Sylvia! Well, I’m glad the bit you’re doing is working out well. Maybe that diet can be found on-line somewhere. My goodness, have you seen the sun this spring at all? It sounds like you had something similar as last year: a spring tease in March and back to winter. At least, I’m glad you’re taking advantage of it, while it’s not too hot. Good luck on finally varnishing that darn door! Lol Well on my side, copy-paste report from previous weeks: good walking, not gotten in filing habit yet and getting distracted by shiny objects, though it’s getting done. I did finally finish my pile of single CD’s! Now I need to work on box sets and if I can make myself file 1 per week, every week, I’ll be proud. Aside from that, this week I need to repot a couple of plants and next week, I want to start a letter to a friend. Just remember: procrastination is the enemy! :D Break a leg Sylvia and have a good week! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

bonjour à toutes,

Bravo Sylvia pour votre perte de poids, et cette astuce d'un nouveau régime, bon courage pour la décoration de votre salle de bain.

Sylvie je vois que tu es toujours dans l'organisation de tes cd du moins maintenant dans leur coffret donc tout continue sur le bon chemin.

Quant à moi, ce fut les 3 jours d'anniversaire de Matéo, premier jour pour les bougies, deuxieme jour pour les cadeaux et troisieme jour pour les sorties et amusement (jouer de la batterie avec les copains et 2 tours de karting), donc cela a commencé vendredi 3 mai pour son anniversaire et cela a fini dimanche, comme il était en vacances scolaire on en a bien profité. Maintenant je vous donne des nouvelles de ma Françoise, elle va commencé sa réeducation pour son bras, bien sçur le temps lui semble trés long et son moral fait parfois des vagues et comme je la comprends et en plus elle a réussi à perdre du poids, 11kg500,, en tout. Voilà je vous ai fait un petit coucou de France où le soleil pointe son nez! je vous embrasse tés fort, faites attention à vous et trés bonne semaine

katia 

Congratulations Sylvia for your weight loss, and this trick of a new regime, good luck to decorate your bathroom.

Sylvie I see you're still in the organization of your CD at least now in their box so everything continues on the right path.

As for me, it was 3 days birthday Mateo, the first day for candles, gifts for the second day and third day for outings and fun (playing drums with friends and two towers karting), so it started Friday, May 3 for his birthday and it ended Sunday, as it was school holidays we have enjoyed. Now I give you news of my Françoise, she will start her reeducation for his arm, although Scur time it seems very long and morale sometimes vague and as I understand it and the more she was able to lose weight, 11kg500, at all. That I made you a little coucou from France where the sun shows its face! I embrace you strong ties, pay attention to you and very good week

katia

Allo Katia, merci de tes mots d’encouragement ma belle. Wow, ton garçon est gâté! Est-ce que tu t’es permise un morceau de gâteau? En tous cas, ça a l’air que tu t’es gardée assez occupée pour brûler bien des calories… :D Quant à la belle Françoise, je suis vraiment contente pour elle qu’elle ai réussi sa perte de poids avec tous ses problèmes! Dis-lui qu’on est avec elle. Les premiers pas vont être faits vers son rétablissement et en constatant le dur travail qu’elle a fait pour son régime, je suis sûre que sa détermination va l’aider à passer au-travers. J’ai un message presque prêt à lui envoyer et j’espère que ça va l’encourager si elle est capable de le lire. Enfin, merci pour ton rapport de la semaine ma belle. Fais attention à toi Katia et à bientôt. Bisous et câlins, sincèrement, Sylvie Qc canada

Merci Katia pour vos aimables paroles!! Tellement content d'entendre que vous avez eu un beau temps avec ton fils et je parie qu'il avait un merveilleux anniversaire !  Je pense que vu tout le plaisir qu'il a été après avoir composé pour tout type de fatigue vous aurait pu se mais je parie que tu étais fatigué??? lol. 

Tellement content d'entendre que tout va bien avec Françoise et qu'elle est maintenant sur la route de réadaptation et de physiothérapie.   Je tiens bien et l'espoir, qu'il ne prend pas tant qu'ils parfois peut et qu'elle trouve complètement l'utilisation de bras de retour très bientôt.  Une chose que j'ai oublié de mentionner, c'est que j'ai toujours cherché dans mon ascendance.

Malheureusement, je suis heurte "murs de briques"!! lol, il semblerait que c'est plus facile de découvrir mon côté paternel, dont je connaissais pratiquement rien, qu'il s'avère pour mon côté maternel...J'ai va continuer à chercher mais car j'ai signé pour un mois sera donc essayez et dépenser mon argent : au lieu de gâteaux, bonbons et vin suis traiter moi-même cette façon ce mois-ci!! LOL.

Vous souhaitons tous une excellente semaine!!

Thank you Katia for your kind words !! :)   So glad to hear that you had such a lovely time with your son and I bet he had a wonderful birthday !!  I should think that seeing all the fun he was having made up for any kind of tiredness you might have felt but I bet you were tired ??? lol.

So glad to hear that everything going well with Francoise and that she is now on road of rehabilitation and physiotherapy.   I wish her well and hope it does not take as long as it sometimes can and that she finds full use of arm returning very soon.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I have still been looking into my ancestry.  Unfortunately, I am coming up against "brick walls" !! lol  It would appear it is easier to find out about my paternal side, whom I knew virtually nothing about, than it is proving for my maternal side......I will keep looking though for I have signed up for a month so will try and spend my money wisely:   instead of cakes, sweets and wine am treating myself this way this month !! LOL.

Hope you all have a great week !! :)

lol Sylvia, you're too funny! Good luck with your ancestry research. I thought of it yesterday, but since you hadn't mentionned it, I thought you decided to take a break since the free trial ran out. I just want to say here that I did really well yesterday and started on the box set I wanted to and boy did I make a fine purchase on that one: it's a series of interviews on "Classical legends, in their own words" and it basically reads like an audio book, so it should be very easy to finish! Again, good luck to you Sylvia and everyone. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Well, another Monday is here again;  surprise, surprise and isn't it funny how they keep coming round !!! LOL   Think you can all tell I am in a pretty good mood for things are going not too bad with me and first I am pleased about is that I have lost another pound in weight; might not be a lot but at least going in right direction and I am going to keep on perservering with it and to try and help a little I have decided that, one day this week, I am definitely going to go back to the gym and try and get myself into a routine with that for apart from anything it is daft not to when I was enjoying so much and feeling the benefit of so going to start again.

To interrupt myself ......we have hailstones thundering down at the moment and the place has turned white.....is it 13th May or 13th November ???????? LOL.  Oh, come to Scotland for your summer holidays for you can ski, sledge, have snowball fights and even build a snowman.....oh, what fun !!!!! LOL.

Back on track I am delighted to say, bathroom decorating....finished.....yipeeee !!! LOL.   As weather is so rotten on Saturday I started cleaning out that walk-in cupboard and by Sunday had it completely empty with my house looking like a bomb site but last night I started going through boxes and two became one so if I keep throwing rubbish out at that rate I believe at end of this little exercise I will actually be able to walk in to my walk-in cupboard !! lol  One thing I have to tell you about.....always something with me.....but this in fact was a very delightful and for me, a little happy tear shed, moment.  I had an aunt who was a great bridge player and also played scrabble and she had one of the very first scrabble sets from 1954 which was before it was patented and whenever we visited she always said to me about a game of scrabble;  I was only about 8 or 9 when we started playing on our visits to my Gran and family in the summer school holidays and when my aunt died she had in fact left me her scrabble set in her Will.   My mum and dad and I used to sit on winter nights and play and then when my died dad my mum and I still always played right up, in fact, till she died and after that intro now for the story....LOL....when I moved to here I obviously brought scrabble set and after I had been here little while I thought one day when my brother was visiting about saying to have a game and so, before they visited, decided to look out and found box okay and was looking through with sweet memories and then thought - wait a minute - where are the tiles:  hunted high and low: no tiles so hunted high and low again but still no tiles so shed a few tears and then said, oh well, looks as though they must have gone into wrong bag when sorting stuff out for the move and throughout the years when I have looked through things for other stuff have always been conscious of keeping an eye out for those tiles.....then.....yesterday......box which had been in furthest corner of cupboard because I just left it there because I knew what was in it....the draught set my dad and I always played with:  the pack of cards my dad and I always used and other precious things like his dog tags from the Great War but last night I decided I was going to stroll down memory lane and so I opened up and took each and everything out of the box and ....you have guessed....what was right at the bottom....the scrabble tiles and I can tell you it has been a long time since I have been sitting crying tears of melancholy to have them, in an instant, turned into tears of joy and both my cats got hugged and soaked last night because I had to share my joy with the living.....OMG I wish I could teach them how to play scrabble !!!!!! LOL.

You will be glad to hear that is my up-date for this week !!!! LOL  That is the monologue and the tome comes next week .....well....as I always say....why use one word when you can use twenty ???? LOL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service