New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Sylvia, yep and thank God for keeping the Mondays coming ‘round, whatever anyone says! :D Funny how you have to specify you lost “1 pound in weight”, just like we, in French, have to specify also, if it’s more than one, because “livre” can be lbs or a book! Congrats on the loss, by the way! That was your initial goal for 1 per week so you’re on target. Good for you getting back into the habit of going to the gym.  We have similar weather as you up North, but it’s just a white blanket and we woke up to 5 Celsius this morning so fired up the furnace again, max of 11 today. My tulips have come and gone, but I got my first whiff of lilac on the weekend and it was wonderful!  Good grief, I hope you get to see spring soon...On the other hand, your house will never have been so pretty and organized! :D Sylvia, I’m so happy for you that you went through that box and found your tiles! Why do you think they were separated from the board in the first place? From ancestry to mementos:there’s a connection there. :D Well on my side, copy-paste from previous weeks withwalking and computer filing. I did finish my weekly boxset and accomplished finishing up watching my Xmas present, which was the full “Full House” 8 season series, phew! I did repot my plants... last night... :D Thank goodness I have to report, it really is helping me stay focussed. Aside from that, I’m starting to organize my DVD’s now and need to take out a section and find place for it, because my cabinet is overflowing. I already moved a few things around and placed my decorative box set in a good spot, moved a few dolls and somehow, while adding a couple of things, found a way to have it look less cluttered so patting myself on the back on that one! This week, I’ll finish the organization, making list and start on my letter, wish me luck! Good luck to all of us and let’s have a great week! Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

P.S.: Well it’s no secret that “why use 1 word when you can use 20” is your motto, lol but thanks for the useless Scrabble info! :D

Hi there and it is me back in again for I have started working on the "junk" again in that cupboard but before I did anything I had another little look at the scrabble set and what it is is a de luxe edition which was made in England and what is written on board is  "Copyright 1954 & US Copyright 1948 by Production and Marketing Company, Newtown, Conn.  Patents Pending."......interesting for they have spelt "Newton" wrong although many put in the other "w" but don't believe it is spelt that way and also using "Conn" for Connecticut instead of just Con.  Just thought I would share useless information with you all in case anyone out there knows that scrabble was about prior to 1954 as obviously was first marketed in 1948 and you know something, almost time for a bite of lunch here, so I am going to have a little game of scrabble on my own......why not ??????? LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi everyone, I'm surprised to be the first one here today. Well, I'll assume you're being busy bees so no time for the forum... :D This past week has been mostly okay, though I did skip a computer filing day and most often, I'm going for the minimum filing percentage, but I'm inching along. Hopefully, this'll be a lesson on never letting it go this badly in the future. For the record, the walking is still good, at least 1 hour a day. Well I did clear  one box set, did carve out one section of DVD's, though my list isn't done, nor did I start on my letter. So overall, the week wasn't bad but it wasn't terrific either. I think I need to make a weekly to-do list, which is what I thought I was doing here, lol but it's not completely successful. Oh well, hope you guys have done better and at least, some things are getting done. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hi Sylvie and pleased to hear things are going okay with you and that is the trouble with anything the minute you let it slip it piles up;  it is like leaving washing the dishes once and you end up certain all your neighbours have brought their's in for you to wash....the mountain soon climbs !!! LOL  Glad you have managed to keep up with the walking too for my exercise regime is up the proverbial shoot with bells on it.....the word non-existant springs to mind; I honestly do not know what I have been doing or where the time has gone although think with MB's tour a lot of time spent following that and I did get everything as far as clearing and cleaning out of my walk-in-cupboard.....everything that had to got to skip went and all that was for charity shops went too and have only ended up with one or two things that now I see how I have placed them in the cupboard I would rather move but considering now I can actually walk into my walk-in-cupboard I think that is pretty good.

Today was our first real day of summer and so garden was main priority and delighted with what I have got done and believe it or not there is a possibility that our weather has to be quite good this week and I am thinking I may just get that storm door done....I will have a darn good try that is for sure and tomorrow morning I am heading to the DIY store for varnish.....be prepared like a little girl scout and it will probably be that warm that I will decide to sit in the garden and sunbathe......procrastinator.....me......NEVER !!!! ROFL. 

Because I haven't been on here much today I will have to go because I have messages to answer as I wasn't on much yesterday either because had Jim and John along (brother and nephew) so day just disappeared.....need to try and catch up before bedtime as 9.30 here already and it is a beautiful night;  sun just setting and sky crystal blue but because we have had it so wet and obviously ground still sodden you should see the little midges that are dancing about tonight....thought I felt something biting my leg so had better get patio door closed because those wee, wee things just adore me.....I am a right tasty little snack !!! LOL

Hey Sylvia, yeah, tell me about it! It’s a lot more fun to listen to 24 minute MB videos  than to file E-mails! :D Uh-oh, come on Sylvia, you don’t want to let all your hard work to go to waste, do you? I won’t ask you about your weight, but the goal is to not fall backwards on your resolution and get moving! Can you tell I have my pom-poms out today? Lol At least, I’m happy for you that you got your closet sorted out because that’s not a meagre task! Ooh, finally, that door must be more than ready for a fresh coat this year, better late than never! :D I’m glad you got started on your garden. Aside for having a lot of pretty ones, do you have many fragrant flowers Sylvia? Since mother’s day, lilac has been growing like crazy all over the neighbourhood and yesterday was a humid and breezy day so it was heavenly. Okay so no more excuses missy: get to that door today! Lol BTW, good luck keeping tabs on your OKC friends. I left a message on one of my friends’ page and waiting for reply, though she’s a lurker, so it might take time. Take care Sylvia, gotta get to that filing! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

I procrastinated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend saying night, night !!!! lol

Naughty Doughty! lol Hope you enjoyed it... :D Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Sun, book, earphones and Mr Bolton...... wonderful !!!! LOL    Was a good girl today and went to DIY store and got varnish so tomorrow or Friday will get started by stripping back what needs stripped back and hopefully by Monday will have a good report to come back with....hopefully !!! LOL

Hi folks well surprise, surprise for things didn't go according to plan for me.....do they ever !!!! LOL    Went to DIY store and got varnish for storm door and then thought I would be needing bird food etc in next few days so went to garden centre and got all that stuff for thought if I did then that would leave me few days completely clear to get on with stripping and varnishing.   Weather forecast was that Saturday was to be a lovely day with next couple not quite so good but just cloudy with possibility of showers so Saturday came and it was a beautiful day....best of the year so far....went to shed to get varnish remover to start on door only to find that contents had evaporated and so decided far to good a day to spend hour in car and then time in DIY store for just varnish so ended up cleaning out shed and in between taking little sunbathing breaks so, all in all things worked out not too badly for I have a nice little tan on the go and my shed is completely cleaned out.....rubbish/garbish bin full again and you could eat your dinner off the floor....well, maybe that is stretching things just a little !!!!!!!! ROFL.    Only trouble, following on from fantastic day, was that weather forecast was wrong for yesterday and so far today it has done nothing but poured and Roland Garos started (French tennis tournament) so have a guess what.....yeah.....storm door is exactly as was and still no varnish in this house !!!! LOL    One good thing has come from it though that whilst watching tennis I was updating my profile page on here and I have become a member of Singersworld website and got little profile page on there up and running and have experimented with quite a few different things and yes it is Danny (friend on here), the animation king, that has started me on the road to have everything animated....LOL    Seriously though he has taught me a few things and given me quite a lot of hints on how to do different little things too .....he is a pretty good teacher but only trouble is, as I said to him, with me, he has actually met a real live gremlin.....so watch out everyone for one day MB's website might just disappear for I did muck up and  then in trying to sort, lost my profile page for a little while !!!! LOL.

Plan for this week :   get varnish remover; get storm door done :  watch tennis :  finish reading a book I have on the go and get started on another that I have from library but only on loan for two weeks because new and popular  : get back in to ancestry page as I only have a couple of days till my month's subscription is up and then will have to decide if go for a further month or pull out and I am finding on maternal side not getting very far and with paternal ones have come up against almost a brick wall as far as following my grandfather's line so have to make a decision there and about a million and one other things that I want to do....can't we make days of 48 hours for a little while instead of just 24......oh, wouldn't that be perfect if we could !!!! :)

Right, I am out of here now to go and get on with some of that stuff, like, see if the tennis is on .......I really am, busy, busy, busy.....yeah and I tell porky pies too !!!!!!! LOL

Hey Sylvia, I agree that plans not working out is more the rule... :D At least, you did get stuff done so good for you! So what’s singersworld? Well, there you go again on another project! Lol So aside from cleaning out your shed,  and cheerleading the tennis pros, have you managed to get a bit of activity in? Just wondering since you haven’t mentioned. OMG, can you imagine what it would be like, if it were possible,  to lose your page for a while, after all you’ve done with it? Phew! :D  Best of luck with ancestry site sweetie and hope something opens up somewhere. I also hope you get some good weather soon, I can’t wait to hear about your garden again! We were supposed to have a great weekend but it was cloudy, rainy and cool, but we’re expecting 30 on Friday, go figure. Heehee, well if we had 48 hours in a day, imagine how much Michael could do! XD Wish we could order a 48 hour day, just once a month... Well on my side, copy-paste on the walks and I’m computer filing 6 days a week consistently. I only got a third done on my big box set, but did manage to file a couple of LP’s and CD’s, plus my DVD list is done, but still haven’t started on that darn letter. So aside for the usual, plans for this week are to finish the big box set, file more LP’s and start on the letter already. That’s it for now Sylvia, have a great week, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

As June has arrived have placed calendar page for this month in one of my shrubs which is just starting to bloom and I do not know the technical name for it but here in Scotland we call it "broom" and you get it in various colours and here in Scotland the yellow variety does in fact grow wild so at this time of year hillsides, which can be covered in it, can look pretty stunning.   I have a deep red variety Sylvie.

This week and with it June, has started pretty good for me for I have lost 2 pounds in weight so am back on course for getting there with that resolution for this year and am determined, more than ever now, to keep going !!

My other resolution of giving that storm door a facelift is well on the road to being achieved too for I have stripped, sanded, washed and applied three coats of woodstain to my actual door and it looks fantastic, even though I say so myself, and the feeling of self satisfaction at having finally got it done is phenominal and I am loving it, so much so, I have started on the door surround and have about a quarter of that stripped of its old varnish.   Obviously no where near seeing end in sight but know it is achievable and I will get there just like the little tortoise, slow and steady wins the race !!!! lol.

Also too because weather has changed here and we have the first true look and feel of summer have been going out again for walks and am in fact, as soon as I finish this, getting out the door as soon as I can get ready to do so, so will bid you all a fond farewell with the hope that all you have set yourself for this week, or month of June, is getting off to a good a fruitful start.....good luck everyone !!! :)

Hey Sylvia, wow, it’s great to hear you start off the month with such a positive post! Thanks for the description! :D Wow, that storm door has been a long time coming, so I’m glad you finally did it: congrats on everything Sylvia! On my side, copy-paste on the walks and filing and you know I’ve been filing! I’m finally witnessing a significant drop so I’ll keep at it. The targeted box set, along with couple more CD’s and LP’s  have been filed and I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I’ve almost finished an art project, reorganized artificial flower baskets to downsize too. It’s just that darn letter hasn’t been started, but I realized that since I just need a target start time, it’ll be this afternoon! I love doing it, it’s just very time-consuming. Well enjoy your great weather Sylvia with walks and the garden and good luck on weather maintaining to finish up that door frame. We had July weather in the past week, but it’s back down to 18 today, though we’re expecting a gorgeous week. Good luck on everything and keep up the good work! Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service