New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, another Monday.....funny how they keep coming round !!!! lol    I thought I would come in here as I am having a wee tea break and really, if I am honest, my whole day is a wee tea break for the chores get slotted in in between them not the other way around as is the norm but we all know, I do not conform to the norm. so no surprise whatsoever:   saying that actually reminds me that I once, many moons ago, had a boss who said to me that I was pretty unorthodox to which I replied; no I'm not, I'm Protestant with a little bit of Roman Catholic, Baptist and Church of England thrown in for good measure, boom, boom !!!! lol.

Can you tell my day is going quite well, so far !!!!!!! LOL.    It certainly is for got along to garden centre and have made up my hanging baskets and filled little flower pots for my patio and it is all looking pretty nifty and a shrub I had in a winter hanging basket I have got that repotted into a lovely big pot so that it can grow all it wants and keep its little heart content.   Actually I did that about three/four years ago with the same plant and I now have a beautiful shrub which flowers over winter and then they just burst right open over Spring before they fade and all its new leaves pop out.....it really is quite beautiful and I can't even remember what it is called....will try and remember !!! lol.   Only thing wrong in garden is that our weather has changed and it is still lovely and warm but today we have no sun and somewhere is definitely getting, if not a thunder storm, rain and all the wee, wee midges are out and I am bitten to blazes; my arms and forehead are covered in bumps and even have one on my cheek just under my glasses;  legs too got them by them, even although I have on trousers, and I will not repeat what I called those ones before I squashed them !!!! LOL.

Other thing that is going great is storm door for have the surround completely stripped and today, as sun wasn't shining on, got it all washed down with my turps/water solution so if weather same tomorrow will start with first coat of varnish.   Must admit that over weekend I did have a break for the weather was fantastic apart from crystal blue skies temperature really soared so spent most of the weekend sunbathing, reading and listening to Mr. Bolton.....what a fabulous weekend and watched a little bit of Roland Garros too but must admit the sun even beat watching the tennis, which doesn't happen often with me but when Nadal was a dead cert for poor David didn't stand a chance, the sun won   !!!!! lol.

Have got out for a few walks but unfortunately the weight isn't going the right way for ice cream and vanilla slices just had to be consumed when the sun was shining......that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it !!!!!! LOL.

Hope everyone else doing okay and pleased with their achievements last week and especially for how this week has started for, as I say, mine is just hunky dory !!!!! lol.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, well I’m having a coffee break that’s more like finishing supper, but I’m here! Your weekend sounded perfect! Ours was pretty grey and wet but at least it’s warming up. I’m happy your garden is getting organized Sylvia. Maybe if you could post a pic of your nameless plant, some one could tell you what it is?  Nice description, by the way but you’re missing the colors! :D You’re working on your real flowers and I’m still organizing my artificial ones and my baskets. I almost finished one wile watching the “Phantom at the RAH” last night. Sylvia, you don’t believe in bugspray, do you? :D You see, that’s your problem right there: you keep eating sweet stuff so bugs are attracted to you! Lol Well at least, if you’re taking walks, hopefully, you’re getting into the habit and it’s this little bit less volume on the extra cushion... :D On my side, the walks I’m still addicted to and the filing is done in spurts: 5 out of 7 days this week and going in the right direction. I filed the equivalent of a box set in LP’s so that’s encouraging too, plus I did get started on my letter, even though I got delayed because of a jammed brailler. So overall: going in the right direction. That’s about it, all I want is to keep it up until I can say I’m done. With a little luck, your door frame will be finished this week Sylvia so that’ll be a load off your mind, then you just need to concentrate on more ice than ice cream... ;D I do hope Katia and Françoise will be able to check in too. Take care Sylvia and have a good one! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

r

SURPRISE.....LOL.....I am checking in here too but may be next year before I have time to again. Sylvia, good for you actually planting your flowers, I toted mine home in baskets 2 weeks ago and that is probably where they will stay, no time after running from you know what!!! I cleaned out closets this weekend, even had to turn off Mr. Bolton lest I recede back into my easy chair with his charismatic voice for hours at a time and get nothing done, sorry MB, LOL.., closets had to come first this time. I did go shopping briefly for a pair of jeans and couple of tops at which point I more than gladly let MB join me on my drive there and back home. I stopped at Long John Silver's for some of the best cod fish and fried shrimp, not fresh from the Atlantic coast, but good all the same, Fresh Atlantic Cod Fish, seafood period, oh how I remember those days. I see MB is going to be in Rhode Island, miss and loved my days there, would love to go back. Like you, Sylvia, trying to avoid the ice cream but I had a low fat ice cream cone and then a low fat cream sponge cake, got upset because my waistline needs trimming so better get with it. I wish you and I both luck, LOL....., now where is the strawberry shortcake?....LOL.....oh those pesty temptations.
I wish you luck with your insect critters, Sylvia, right Sylvie, just give them some more ice cream :-D........
Sylvie, good for you on your filing. I managed to file a few of my favorite cds into my car cd case last weekend, mostly MB of course, LOL....I did finally order the Australian ANMHE and it shipped today, heck I ordered it a week ago, oh well, something on its way to look forward to.

Now probably do not expect me back here until next year, but ran across this and could not resist. My work is slamming into first gear, oh boy, busy, busy!!

Goodnight ladies, Hugs,

Kathy T. ;-)

Hey Kathy, welcome to the thread! Michael would actually help me to clean out closets: just need to turn it up! :D Sounds like you had a fun and productive weekend: the best kind! :D My filing is mostly computer filing, but I do need to file some opera boxsets after listening, but  I have to stay in one place and pay attention to do it. It’s always on the to-do list. Well if you change your mind and want to set yourself goals Kathy, we do this on a monthly basis and check in at least once a week to try and stay on the straight and narrow, so you’re welcome anytime. :D Take care sweetie and thanks for chiming in! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Thanks Sylvie, I cannot promise anything but the main goal at the moment is to get to a concert, LOL.....waiting and hoping, fingers and toes crossed, LOL..... I know you enjoyed your Phantom Of The Opera. Maybe I will try MB's My Secret Passion next time I clean. I was trying to concentrate on what clothing to let go of, some ladies are going to be mighty happy with my contribution, LOL..... Big Hug,

Kathy :-)

Hey Kathy, you're not getting rid of RL stuff, are you? Hmm, what size do you wear? lol I'm teasing... :D You see, that's why I enjoy going to thrift stores: sometimes there's good and fairly unexpensive stuff. Well, back to filing, take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Nope Sylvie, but when I do I will let you know first I promise. I will tell you my size in a PM, you have to be kidding, that is top secret, girlfriend. Hugs,

Kathy T. ;-)

lol Of course I'm kidding poor girl... :D BTW, yes I did enjoy my "Phantom" although the new one isn't my favorite, but the music is just so gorgeous. BTW, "My secret passion" is one I could not play while doing something else: I know, I tried! :D Do enjoy your closet cleaning if it's not done, I know you'll feel better afterwards. Take care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

I could spend a few more days at it but I do feel better, thanks Sylvie!! You take care too.....Hugs,

Kathy :-)

Thanks for that conversation over breakfast.....thoroughly enjoyed it !!! :)    Reporting that all my little plants have survived over night.....all still looking beautiful not a droopy drawers among them !!!!!! lol   The shrub I am talking about (still no name) it has white flowers with pink stamens but they are tiny, tiny flowers grouped together on one long flower, almost like a miniature hyacinth.  The long stem of flowers emerges in the autumn/fall and stays with the closed little buds all winter and then come Spring they all burst open and they last for up to 6 to 8 weeks and then when the white petals fall you are left with a red/brown stem and slowly the new leaves emerge out the side and bottom of the flower and then it falls off and that process takes about a couple of weeks......the leaves and new ones coming out look like rhodedendron leaves and come away the same way.   A couple of minutes ago I went out in my morning PJ's, with my hair standing on end because apart from being sooooooooo sweet  (yeah, LOL) I also have toooooooooo much electricity in me (right little live wire) and my hair always stands on end first thing in morning and took a picture of plant I have just repotted out of winter basket so it still has flower stems on  whereas older shrub doesn't for they have fallen and it is just covered in new leaves, apart from fact it stands at other end of garden and neighbours might just have seen me and wondered what that mad woman was up to now !! lol  Have also taken a picture of one of my honeysuckles that is beside it in a pot on the patio because it is just starting to flower (the scent from it is wonderful) and its flower is completely yellow so will put pictures below BUT before I do, I will digress...OMG that is something I hardly ever do, isn't it ????ROFL.....little hint if you have a lot of electricity, do not use flannelette pillowcases;  I do in the winter because I love them and love the feel of warmth against your face BUT in the morning, you could turn me upside down and use me as a brush for there generally isn't one hair that is not standing on end !! LOL. 

Now for pictures and then last little cup of tea because I am out of here as looks as though I may just get started on that door....sun trying to break through but don't think it will make it and forecast did give a threat of some little showers today so perfect for that staining job and as it didn't rain here last night wood will be perfectly dry.

See you next week folks and hey Kathy keep popping in for its great to see you on here and we always try and have a laugh too with keeping up with our resolutions or just with our hopes, dreams and aspirations of getting different things done.....I have been going on about this storm door since last summer so a breath of fresh air will do Sylvie the world of good because she must be fed up with hearing about this door, so much so, I think if I don't get it done this week she'll be on a plane over here and start staining it herself !!!!! LOL

Sylvie, just before I put pictures in, this could be an opportunity if MB does pop into the forum, now and again, to ask him if he knows what the plant is because you know how he does have quite a large garden at home so he may just have one of these shrubs and it has been a wee, wee while since we have attempted to hand out a carrot to Michael to come on here and help us out with something, especially on this thread......last thing I remember on forum was when we were talking about the size of his feet and it didn't take long till he came onto a blog and told us they were size 11's;   so, Michael, any idea on name of plant ?????????? ROFL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, thanks right back at you for this message this morning!Oh Sylvia, for a moment there, I thought you were about to say that somehow, you were going to take a picture  of your hair! ROTFL Sylvia, I admire the patience and love you put in your garden and I appreciate your descriptions, though I’m sad to say I’m pretty clueless  as far as what most flowers look like. Now about that storm door, actually, I was thinking of flying over there and giving you a coat or 2! Lol I should be one to talk: the most I do outside is washing windows and clean the car... I’m just glad for you that you can move on to better things after that Sylvia. Well gotta go, but thanks for the smile starting my day Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

I have seen photos of Sylvia's garden, Sylvie, it is beautiful!!! I had a beautiful patio last year but all the rain has not been good to our plants this year, too much rain. I have one red begonia and a few petunias and they look puny right now. Thanks for the invite ladies but my work schedule keeps me from being able to plan much of anything. I am spur of the moment alot. I would like to get to the pool a bit this summer and a few days of vacation would be nice.
Hope you get to that door, Sylvia, but if not enjoy yourself in whatever sweet summer moments you choose to relish in, you too, Sylvie.
Have a great day, ladies!!! Hugs,

Kathy T. :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service