New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Make it a toffee one Kathy but please don't end up feeling sick like I did as that last morsel went in my mouth.....but, I did manage the last morsel !!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

I have been rushing around all morning like a crazy lady, Sylvie, on the site too. Well, I have to admit that I have done the same thing on numerous occassionss with cake of various varieties. Wonder what MB's biggest fettish was in Italy...LOL...just maybe did he stir up some appetites around here....LOL....I went for fresh green beans and new potatoes pressure cooked. Then cabbagre rolls, stuffed bell peppers, cheese canniloni, homegrown tomatoes and watermellon the past few days......now I will have to get to the cake!!!! Hugs,

Kathy T. :))))

Hey Sylvia, well I tried responding last night but the site was under maintenance. Okay, so I guess you just decided to take a week off duties? :D Well I guess it’s okay to rest on your laurels since you worked so hard the week before... Well that’s great news about your driver’s license Sylvia! I suppose  that the 3 year span  stands unless you see a change? OMG, a whole toffee cheesecake? I’m hoping that wasn’t in one sitting? :D Sylvia, girl, it’s none of my business, but don’t you feel a little bit of remorse messing up all the good work you did in the spring at the gym? Uh-oh, talk about Murphy’s law! Lol I hope your car has nothing serious, or you’ll have to walk and work off that cheesecake… :D  Anyway, good luck with your car and starting on your railings this week Sylvia, take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Same here, Sylvia, I tried responding last night too, wrote you a long message I do not have time to do it all over this morning but CONGRATS on your drivers license and hope your buggy is not a pricey repair and yep, always something :(!!! That cake sounded fabulous, got up thinking about it this morning, I sure did:)))!!!

Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

P.S. I went to put your favorite of my Tulsa concert photos on my page but Kelly kept pushing MB off to the side and out of the picture, LOL...this one worked best.

I didn't notice site down last night, must have gone after I went to bed, and is that that Michael Bolton not paying his bills again .......ROFL  Actually I lost my internet connection for most of today and it has just come back up so this is me playing catch up.

The cheesecake was in one sitting and as I have just put in post somewhere else here to Kathy T I did feel a little sick as last morsel went in but I still ate it.....think the "wee one" has disappeared and been replaced by an optical illusion to be called that anymore.Wee Piggy One might be more appropriate now...LOL   Yes, Sylvie my driving license stands for 3 years unless I "tell them" about any changes that might occur....I'm not saying I wouldn't, but.........!!!!!!! LOL.

Have to admit Kathy T I didn't quite understand what you meant about "picture" but I have just spotted your new avatar one and like it very much indeed !!! lol.

Hey Sylvia,

I am like you when it comes to cheesecake. I don't have to share it. LOL

Today my Mom made a Lemon Meringue pie and I could eat it by myself too!

Have a great day!

Kellie

Oh don't mention lemon meringue pie that is just about second on the list after cheesecake !!! LOL

Thanks Sylvia, I thought you might like that. I may change it again soon, playing around on my new device on my page. I need to catch up with reinviting the friends I lost when my email changed too..... Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

As it is 1st August thought would come on here today and leave calendar picture page and for Sylvie it is a lovely picture of Michael (top half) taken back in mid 2000 and he has on black V-neck t shirt and is smiling sweetly and I have placed calendar page in amongst a pot of pansies I have on patio and they have sweet smiling faces too in shades of lilac and pink going into yellow.........

Just to report got wee buggy back yesterday and bill not as horrendous as could have been so back on the road, till the next time and too no railings getting done here for it is pouring of rain, absolutely pouring.....did garden other day when still dry and thank goodness I did because it is definitely squelchy time now.

Sylvia    Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, glad to hear your car's okay and damage to your wallet was minor. :D Thanks for pic description, it sounds lovely! On my side, I'm happy to report I finished my closet in time! I worked my tail off to finish it up last night and all containers, organizers and a few extra things were fitted, so yay, I did it! I'll need visual help to file some art supplies so that may take a while longer, but I reached my goal so I can breathe easy. Hope I can add my other goals by monday. Have a great weekend Sylvia and hope weather lets up so you can get something done. We're expecting a grey weekend here. In any case, glad you got good news, take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Thought would pop in here seeing as how it is Monday again and still have nothing to report....railings still in same state and the only thing I have done is got back into Ancestry.com stuff as talking about family with Aussie relatives over here in holiday right now and some they knew nothing about so have been in getting all details for my cousin and he is absolutely thrilled and can't be believe how much information I have gathered so as I have a free day today because his daughter, Kirstine, has lawyer business to attend to I am actually going to get back on and find some other details and pass them onto him.  It is great what you can find out for it is to do with my maternal Grandfather and everyone thought he only had one brother who emigrated to the States and that was wrong information because I have found him at the age of 65 emigrating to Quebec, Montreal.....maybe some of my relatives live next door to you Sylvie;  hey, do you know any "Fyfe's" ????.....but there was another brother who married and had a daughter but it is starting to look as though they emigrated to the States and that is maybe where family stories have got mixed up....but I am keeping searching .

Here to share with you all is a picture of myself with my cousin Hamish and he in fact is now the eldest cousin still living and he is 88 and please everyone do not, do not look at my spare tyre because I forgot to pull everything in before pic was taken as I was too relaxed and laughing with him before Kirstine snapped it that I forgot.........

Hi Sylvia, well at least, you have a good excuse for not getting work done... this time! Lol I’m teasing... :D Sounds like you’re having a great time visiting with your family so that’s great to hear. BTW, no Fyfe’s in my neighbourhood, I think I would have remembered that... Incidentally, it’s very tempting, but I promise I won’t look at your toffee cheesecake spare tire! :D Well on my side, I’ve managed to get my walking back up to where I want it, still working on art supplies with help and have filed away the equivalent of 1 or 2 boxsets, but still only single LP’s, because that’s all I seem to manage nowadays. However, I managed to make a good dent in the pile since they were organized so that’s encouraging. Now since yesterday, I have no access to my E-mail in-box, so I’ve managed, wonder of wonders, to clear my entire “sent” folder: who knew it was that easy? Lol Anyway, something good will have come from that inconvenience so it’s not all bad. I’ll keep up with the forum as much as I can, but with no alerts, I’ll have to do it the long way. The Bell people are supposed to call back soon. Well, that’s the news for now. You have fun with your family Sylvia, good luck getting something done and try and stay out of trouble! :D Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service