New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sharing your photo, Sylvia, of you and your cousin and really do hope you are having a good visit. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Having too good a time Kathy and spare tyre is expanding and I have the cheek to ask for DIET coke and even my cousin nearly fell off his seat with laughing at me for that one......meeting later on today for more spare tyre growth !!!! LOL  

LOL Sylvie at you being so, so kind and not looking at my spare tyre, even though it was tempting but I can assure you, you really don't want to see it !!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Monday, 12th August and the Aussie's are on their way home so maybe this week I will get partly back to normal and get something done but first and foremost I have to stop eating.....oh boy, the weight I have put on.....not quite all I had lost but quite a bit for especially over last few days, when relatives from Aberdeen had come back down to say cheerio to them and with more involvement with Tom, who is in the care home, and getting him out for lunch and then, at night, all of us going for dinner, I've been getting home and saying I will never eat for another month just like you do at Christmas time and then the next day ....................... !!!! LOL    Just to report something lovely for tomorrow for at Tom's care home they are having a special visit by these people who take animals in to visit with patients so looking forward to being with Tom for that and see his reaction and hoping something will spark a memory and the old Tom may return for a few minutes for it is lovely when it does and he smiles and laughs.

See you next week and maybe, just maybe that chipping hammer will have hit some rust on those railings !!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, I didn't think you'd have much to report but thanks for posting about your family. On my side, the walking is back up, I did manage the box set this week and the singles LP pile is almost done! I'm thinking of a doable plan for September and I'll see how it goes. The art supplies organisation is at a stand-still for lack of visual help, but at least something got done. That's it for now Sylvia. Enjoy your visit at the home tomorrow. I'm guessing this family member has Alzheimer's? In any case, enjoy your visit and good luck getting started on anything this week Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Glad you have managed to do some things Sylvie and am sure the visual help will arrive .....maybe if you bribe it well enough (LOL)....to get all your art supplies organized.   Do not start talking already about September....oh no, for that is summer starting to ebb away and don't want it to .....LOL

Yes Sylvie,  it is Tom, my cousin and the Aussie's brother and Aberdonian's brother, who is in the care home and has Alzheimer's but he was always a joker and had a terrific sense of humour and that still shines through and I can assure you, as I think you can imagine, I do nothing but encourage it  !!!! LOL.

Just to say though that this communication lark is wonderful for this is the first time they have been home since I got my laptop and Hamish, my cousin, his grandchildren had given him an iPad for his birthday so they brought that with them and Kirstine his daughter was using it all the time and we were still communicating with each other this morning whilst they were in the terminal waiting for their flight to be called and it was great because with the e-mail system I use I was able to make up a message to them with half of it being animations and Kirstine said her dad got an absolute kick out of it and couldn't stop laughing and helped him forget his tears for a little bit at probably leaving the UK for the last time.    Totally off topic, even for this thread, but every time I hear him telling me it I smile so want to share and Hamish kept on laughing and saying about the iPad and; "what they gave him something like that for he will never know" because about all he knows is how to switch it on but what they had set up for him was the Scrabble game you can play on it and he has been playing with a few people but the story he kept telling, as it tickled him pink, was that he was playing this girl and he won and as he described it, "he thrashed her" and then he found out who it was he was playing and it was one of his great grandchildren's mother and he said he did feel slightly embarrassed but at the same time, absolutely fantastic.......think I will consider an iPad and get linked up to Scrabble and play with him right across the Pond and right round the world, the wrong way !!!!!! LOL

Hey Sylvia, thanks for the encouragement. Bribing? Why didn’t I think of that? Lol The only reason I was talking about September is that I’m looking ahead to projects in my alone time, when my son goes back to school . I do hope you have a nice visit with Tom and thanks again for sharing about your family. Hope they all made it home okay. Take care Sylvia and have a great day! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Terrific time this afternoon with Tom and got plenty of pictures but it was actually animals the girl brought in for she had a snake, scorpion, toads, rats, snails and plenty more and it was terrific and she talked about them all and then took round the whole group and if you wanted you got to hold but not the scorpion obviously but there was one over zealous lady who was just loving everything and handling them all and practically cuddling and if the girl's eyes hadn't been sharp enough she would have had that scorpion out of that box...for she tried and OMG I think the girl and the nurses just about all had heart failure !!! lol.  Aussies have arrived back home and in fact have just received an e-mail from Kirstine saying so but she also says that they went to bed when they got home because it was about 10.30 p.m. on Tuesday but she has just wakened up and thought it was middle of day and then remembered she hadn't changed her watch to Aussie time so she sent me e-mail and now she is away back to try and sleep again until it is time to get up on Wednesday morning.....bet it will take some time for them to settle back down and thanks for asking Sylvie. !!! lol

Hope Tom got some enjoyment from your visit and the lady with the animals, Sylvie, and sure many there enjoyed it including you. By the way, my dad had alzheimers too and so I know what you are dealing with and it is a tough one. You take care. Hugs,

Thanks Kathy and at least he has remained his jocular and fun self which is good and has really in no way become grumpy or disagreeable as I know many can so at least that is a blessing and sorry to hear you had to go through it with your dad and although I go and visit Tom I in no way consider myself someone who is "going" through anything with him for he does have two children and they are the ones that take care of everything so my visiting is the least I can do but it is his grandchildren I feel a little sorry for for suddenly over really just the last two/three years their grandpa has disappeared.....but, such is life !!! :)

Happy you had a great visit Sylvia and now back to work on the spare tyre, LOL......, need to work on mine too!!!! Oh well, a bit of Christmas in August for you and you made your families visit quite enjoyable I am sure. Hope you and Tom have fun tomorrow and something sparks for him too. Have a great week!! Hugs,

Thanks Kathy T and as for the spare tyre think it could be transferred to a tractor now for it has certainly gone way past the bicycle and the ordinary car stage.....I'll definitely need to hit the gym too to make any difference but I wish you success with yours and just remember and don't pass any on to me !!!!! LOL.

Well, hang in there, Sylvie. I do not know why this happens at our age, just showed up with me recently and totally disgusts me :(:(:(.

Hugs,

Kathy T.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service