New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am getting on here just before it changes to Tuesday.....less than hour to go !!! LOL

I have nothing to report for this week except, EXCEPT.....I went back to gym today, wow !!!! lol    Hope I can now start to form a pattern that I can carry right through the winter, weather permitting, and start looking for that six pack forming.....not asking a lot, am I ????? lol

Hope everyone else getting on okay and pleased with how things developing for you through August because, without doubt, I am delighted I decided to get to that gym today and plan on going back at end of week.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, wow, how about this for a quick response? lol I got lost on YouTube this morning and thought of this week's entry after turning off the computer... :D Well I managed to clear my box set quickly in the past week because it was a new book I'd been wanting for a while. I was busy cleaning the house and got lots done, but still managed to get in the minimum of walking per day. I did a bit of E-filing, but my alerts from the forum have gone selective again, so I'm wasting much time doing that. The art supplies are still not moving because I haven't thought of a good bribe yet! lol Anyway,since my son is going back to school soon, I'll really need to get that done in the next few days. I'm glad to hear that like me, you have a head start on your week Sylvia: you by getting back to the gym and me with 2/3 of this week's box set already done! Well, good luck on making the gym a habit again and I wish you good weather for those railings girl, Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi everyone, I thought I’d check in with my weekly report before I get too busy.  Well as I posted last week, I got my box set done early since I started on Monday. It was an updated version of an interesting book I’d read years ago called “Emotional intelligence” by Daniel Goleman. I did do some PM filing, my walks are good and I finally got the art supplies started! Things are moving in the right direction. I hope your week was good Sylvia and you’ve achieved at least one of your goals. Now if anyone else would want to chime in with their own goals or resolutions, please feel free! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Glad everything going okay with you Sylvie and who did you bribe and how much did it cost you ??????? LOL   I don't know where the week has gone for I feel time is evaporating around me and I am seriously starting to get worried that at some point in the day I go into a wee world of my own and time just glides on past for I feel now I don't have enough hours in the day to do all I want to do, let alone, all I should be doing.....I used to wonder what people meant when they said that and now I know !!! LOL   Must admit though yesterday was a beautiful day here and as Saturday had been too and I did a lot of work out in the garden felt I deserved a treat so sat and sun bathed and read a book......possibly that is where the hours are going for they can pass quite quickly when you do just .....sit !!!!! LOL   I did go twice to the gym....so getting into a routine....and went and visited my cousin and actually was exceptionally pleased because I got him out of the care home, into the car and down to a garden centre which is in the grounds and has a lovely little café attached and I managed all on my own so will definitely be doing again this week.   I seriously think railings are going to have a miss this year and think I will put them first on the agenda for next spring because our weather now is far too broken for it is one day good and one day bad, basically and you need a good spell and a good run at for it really is no use doing piecemeal fashion but of course if during September we suddenly have a long beautiful spell then I may reconsider !!!!! LOL.

Ditto what Sylvie has said and anybody else got anything they feel like sharing please pop in !!!! :)

Hey Sylvia, lol actually, my husband started sorting spontaneously and enlisted my son to help! Lol I guess he got tired of everything laying around... Who knew that’s all it took? ;D Now about time slipping away, I’ve heard this said about something else, but summer is like a roll of toilet paper and the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes... A bit of bubblegum philosophy there... :D   It’s great to hear you went to the gym twice already, but did you work out? Lol Just teasing... :D  Aww, good for you taking your cousin out: are you the only one who does so Sylvia? May I ask how long he’s been there? Just wondering. Now about your railings, were you planning on sanding and painting one section at a time or sand all and then paint all? I guess either way it’s a job and a half anyway. At least you can say you did get a lot done this year.  Well, good luck at keeping up with the gym girl, take care and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Well at least now you know Sylvie:  want some help with something:  just throw it all over the floor......someone is bound to get the message and you can't even be blamed for nagging !!!!! LOL.   On the gym I have actually been three times already and have made up mind I am going tomorrow as well for although our weather has changed again and dull and overcast by Thursday we have to have heavy rain coming in and who would know it is the start of our Viking Festival week here in Largs on Saturday with big celebrations for the 750th anniversary and looks like being a wash out.....surprise, surprise and think the Vikings are getting there own back on us for beating them !!!!!! LOL.

On my cousin he hasn't been in the care home long, only from beginning of year for he was in a hospital before then nearer to where he stayed and then eventually when he was diagnosed as definitely suffering from Alzheimer's he got a place in the home.   Initially his sister, obviously another cousin, when she wrote and told me about him she made out he was exceptionally worse than what he is and absolutely no point in visiting so I couldn't step on toes but that was how I was delighted when the Australians came over for it gave me a chance to discuss with them and then when sister had gone back home I went with them to visit Tom for the first time so a fait accompli was established.   He has two children but they have own families and own commitments so they visit at weekend and that is why I visit during week but Australian daughter's cousin discovered that they do not take him out because he initially says no so they do not attempt to stimulate in any way and she believes they are people, as are many, who are embarrassed by his condition and the sister she is one of those and got first hand evidence of that when we all went out to a restaurant but each to their own.   I feel quite sorry for people who can't accept and can't swallow their own pride and try and become a little part of that person's world for a short time because I always feel like saying, your lucky you can step away from but they are trapped forever and too, there but for the grace of.....(?) as well as to me, most importantly, if I ended up like that how would I want to be treated....like a leper or a friend ????

On the railings reason I need a few good days is because my hands can't tolerate too long at it for things I need to use are quite heavy, or at least for me they are and railings have fancy scrolls with angles everywhere and a lot of those, because they are finer metal, have gone pretty rusty, so needing to get into each little bit is time consuming apart from tricky and as I want to attempt to do an almost perfect job I want to take my time and get right.......they have waited this long so one more winter won't matter  but they will definitely have to kick off outside jobs next year, without doubt !!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi again Sylvia,kudos on the gym, keep it up! Well I don’t know what’s involved in dealing with an Alzheimer patient, but bless your heart for putting a little sunshine in your cousin’s days sweetie. Now Sylvia, you’re so active on this site that sometimes I forget you have limitations, just like my family sometimes forgets I’m blind... :D  Well anyway, at least good luck with the gym, take care and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hi everyone and seeing it is now September I have taken the little calendar page and made up my usual picture from and this time I have used as a backdrop my profile page on my laptop on which I have the Connecticut flag flying and that is what you can just see at top of pic and have to let you know it is "blowing in the breeze" .....just go onto my page and you will see it fluttering away.......................

That is about all I can add for this week or, at least, for the week that has just gone for no remarkable changes to anything in my life.....just plodding along but am setting myself some targets for this month and the first being to continue with the gym and definitely set up a pattern for going, at least, twice a week and also, to resurrect the long standing one, of losing weight which is developing into a no win situation so I believe it is time to really sit myself down and give myself a darn good talking to or put a padlock on the biscuit/cookie cupboard and throw away the key....okay I hear you all telling me not to buy them at the supermarket and then my cupboard would be bare and no need for padlock BUT how can you resist that biscuit/cookie section when you know there are going to be offers on for, sometimes, my favourites can be down to half price or, on some others, you get two for one...oh, come on.....who can resist that and they all go down so well with a wee cup of tea .......and talking of;  see you later folks !!!!! LOL.

Hi Sylvia, well girl, I'm here to keep you company this week. It's really been a backwards week and nothing but the walking and housework got done. This week should be better, the operative word being "should". My son went back to school so I have full freedom to achieve my goals, aside from the weather that is. I want to get the windows done this month, but they're forecasting rain for most of the week, so guess it'll have to wait for now. The filing should be easy since I don't have access to my in-box, but we're working on that. I want to at least get the box set done this week, so if I get anything else done, it'll be a great week! lol Sylvia, good thing you're not living here, because I'm flooded with so many birthday goodies that I had to freeze some! :D Now be sure to be very firm with yourself when you have that talk, okay? ;D Break a leg on getting back on the wagon,  gym and sweets control-wise. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

LOL, Sylvia, just enjoy those delicasies, we only have once around in this life anyway. I do notice when someone has a birthday I want cake soooooo, this weekend I bought a red velvet cake at Wal-Mart, happy birthday, Sylvie, it sure was good :)))). There is a little left, LOL.......Then last night I bought a package of Twinkies but my real love is Little Debbie Swiss Miss Rolls, round chocolate cake filled with white cream and a chocolate frosting and, ladies,...............they are heavenly. Your birthday put a few pounds on me, Sylvie ;)))) or :((((....LOL.... Have a great week, ladies. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

OMG Kathy I never thought of that one for an absolutely wonderful reason for getting my head stuck in that cupboard and that is a reason you just cannot ignore for you HAVE to celebrate birthdays......totally ignorant of you if you don't !!!! LOL.   Thank you so much Kathy for you have blown away that wee, wee, wee shadow of guilt that was hanging around and made me feel so much better about last couple of days because that's been Sylvie and Anna's celebrated and today have had to celebrate Mariu's....oh....wait a minute.....whose birthday is it tomorrow ???????????????? LOL   OH, panic......guilt trip coming up !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I don't know, Sylvia, need to check calendar, but I am ready to celebrate whomevers with an entire box of Swiss Miss chocolate rolls....ROFL.....sorry, Sylvie, just had to have some fun here, not trying to discourage anyones resolutions but sometimes I go off the deep end and I surely did this weekend with the chocolate, and IT WAS GOOD.....bet Sylvie and Anna did too a bit at least, sure Mariu is partaking today a bit too.....yummy weekend.....LOL...... Hugs,

P.S. I am editing this quickly and I looked at the calendar, I will save my cakes to celebrate this very, very special person's birthday this coming weekend. ;)))

Kathy T. :)))))

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service