New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another Monday again and just about the last one in September and certainly it is the first one in what is officially autumn/fall.....summer is left behind for another year or at least in this hemisphere;  my relatives in Australia all away on a spring break as kids just off of school.

I am still fairly pleased with the way things went this past week as I have lost another pound so in total, so far, that makes 6....nearly that first half stone away...wow and I know little body getting in shape for have put on a top this morning that I ware around house first thing before getting ready to go out and haven't worn for a little while and could not believe when, instead of needing coaxed down, it fell down into place and know it isn't just weight loss but can see a very definite tone-up in body which, I am, more than, delighted with.....even that six pack is starting to take shape;  lot of work still to do but it is starting...yipeeee !!! :)    Hitting that treadmill, rowing machine and weight lifting this morning so am away to get ready before I manage to tempt myself to continue sitting playing myself on this internet, which, I can assure you, doesn't take much tempting !!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, wow, I really have to get myself yoga instructions for the blind! :D I'm glad for you that it's all working so well Sylvia: you're definitely determined! On my side, I finally did file a box set away, flushed an entire folder of messages and I'll be plunging to do the rest today and tomorrow before my sister visits for a few days. I might get help with my windows yet! :D Wish me luck because it's supposed to be a beautiful week here. Keep up the good work Sylvia, kudos on your progress  and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Glad you are getting on okay Sylvie and hope all goes well with your sister's visit....enjoy !!! :)

I am really on here to brag because I broke my record today on the treadmill for I walked 2.4 kilometres in 1/2 hour and before best I had done was 2.2 and that was last year before I took ill......so I am definitely pushing it and going for it and actually felt at one point as though I was going to start running if I went any faster and I nearly started laughing and was certainly thinking to myself, come on girl you're 62 not 26.....slow down, just a little .....LOL.  Broke my record on the rowing machine too for I did 160 instead of 150.....Popeye's coming along fine and I don't even need the spinach !!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, I have no problem with you bragging, I'd probably do the same! :D I'm glad you're feeling so great and motivated but pace yourself girl... It's good to push yourself, as long as you know your limits. Anyway, take care Sylvia and have a great one. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hi all, well I was just re-reading my last post about bragging and I think I'll do a bit of my own today! It's been a good week, despite the fact that my sister had to postpone her visit. I am finally done E-filing and only need to back up my contacts to finally put an end to my problems with my E-mails. I've started on my windows and did about a third of them. I've plowed through 2/3 of "Great expectations" so I feel it amply counts as filing away the equivalent of a box set or 2 and should finish it this week. It's looking good for the windows too since we're expecting a glorious week weather-wise. I hope anyone having projects or continuous resolutions you're trying to keep are going as well as mine. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Sorry to hear your sister had to postpone but as long as it is just a postponement and her visit will still happen then that is okay...hope so !!! :)

Glad everything going well for you and good for you on getting through so much of "Great Expectations" ....wow, well done you and last time I read that I was still in school and had to....LOL   

I haven't done anything and I haven't lost any weight this week.....complete and utter dead loss but I did go to the gym once and because we have had a few good days over the weekend I have got some more work done outside like my patio slabs and my mono-blocking path out front totally cleaned and if a bird so much as even thinks about doing a poo on one of them, I'll strangle it......don't let any bird trust know that I have said that !!!!! LOL.

Hope everything keeps going well for everyone !!! :)

Hey Sylvia, oh yeah, my sister’s visit is only a postponement and I can’t wait: it’s gonna be a busy few days. :D OMG, are you kidding? I love “Great expectations”! It’s actually the second time I read it: I’d borrowed it from the library a couple of years back and loved it so much I bought the exact same production of it. I must say though that listening to it is a lot easier to take than reading it, especially with the expressive reader who’s reading it. Sylvia, you did do something and as long as you’re keeping up with the habit of going to the gym, I think you can keep your self-respect... :D I’m also glad you’re still able to work in the gardenand keeping the paths clean to compliment the lovely paint job you did this summer counts in my book! :D I wish you luck at staying consistent with the gym at least. Françoise told me recently that she had reached her weight loss goal, so I’m thinking maybe you’d like to set yourself one by the end of the year, do you think that would help you Sylvia? Just a thought. In any case, good luck sweetie and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

As into October thought would put in October's little calendar picture and have managed to capture Jill, sitting on her favourite seat, holding calendar page for October....well, kind of holding it for she almost looks as though she is going to start eating and as nothing on calendar for October, so far, except Award event on 3rd this is about the first month it has been so blank.    In saying that someone tweeted Michael yesterday about him singing ANMHE with Leona Lewis in the UK and he replied by saying:  "Hope so, stay tuned"   Also too, other day, someone else had found out information about him supposedly appearing in the G-A-Y club in London on 19th October and asked but they got no response and I cannot see any information in any of our TV programme schedules ....getting quite frustrated trying to find out what is happening and I have tweeted him this morning and I have said about the Wee Ferret being fed up trying to ferret info and so am using direct approach....hope he gets laugh at tweet even if he doesn't answer !!!!    Will say though that if he just appears on these shores and I can't make arrangements for these two cats so that I can get down to wherever he is you wlll all hear me scream .....that is a promise !!!!!

Now onto other things and nothing to report again except been along to gym once but nothing else.   Managed to cut back some flowers in garden but  with exceptional autumn for heat most is not finishing and I will not cut back a shrub that is still blooming away.....maybe if it is still the same by time November comes I might consider it...lol    We are having it exceptionally wet and warnings out other day for flash floods and some roads experienced landslides and were closed but it is so, so mild it is unreal for if sun was shining you would be out sun bathing for we are still as warm as most days in summer.   I have clematis and honeysuckle starting to flower again apart from everything that isn't finishing....my garden, back and front, is still full of colour....long may it continue !!!! :)   Down in London, niece Justine, said that at weekend they were all sun bathing and had to put on sun screen as they felt themselves burning.....October, even down there.....no.....something not quite right and I am saying maybe I will even start believing in global warming....always been a sceptic !!!!! LOL.

One new goal I am setting myself for this month and into November is to get my hallway paintwork refreshed so during this week will be paying a trip to the DIY store to get the paint.....oh boy, am I going to keep myself busy;  don't think so for it is probably just about a two day job, if that !!!!!!! LOL.  Suppose though it is always something and another job needing doing out of the road !!! :)

Hope everything going well for everyone else that is trying to achieve something, no matter what !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, thanks for the calendar pic description, how sweet... :D You always seem to come in while I’m having breakfast... Oh I wish you well getting Michael over in the U.K. soon. When he said  he’d be there for promotion for the U.K. version, you would have thought he’d make a more general comment like “late fall”... May I ask what’s the “G-A-Y” club? Just curious. Well at least you’re keeping up the good habit of the weekly gym, some work is getting done and you’ve managed to get an idea for your next project Sylvia so again, that counts in my book! On my side, I’ve managed  to keep my in-box clean but no availibility on helping eyes for my contacts yet. However, I have finished my windows, curtains and even the living-room blind,  I also did finish “Great expectations”, which I always feel like reading again! lol I got a head start at the same time on another even bigger box set of Jacques Brel, who I’ve discovered during summer and made a dust cover for it because it looks like a book. Aside from my art projects, I think I’ll take it easy this week and just keep up with the housework and at least advance on the box set: it’s 21 CD’s! That’s about it for now Sylvia, take full advantage of the warm weather and your lovely garden. Would you believe my husband told me our front maple trees are still green? Let’s just ride the wave as long as we can. Have fun with the painting Sylvia and have a great week, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Sylvie and glad to hear everything going okay with you and sounds pretty good and can I ask you if your box set of Jacques Brel is his music or his films ???    On G-A-Y it is the "IN" night club in London also known as Heaven and the place for "pop stars" to perform.  A while ago I saw a tweet from the owner, Jeremy Joseph, to one of our radio presenters telling him that he had been successful in booking the man behind WAMLAW for 19th October and sent details to Gail but a few days ago I saw another tweet asking Michael if he was definitely playing G-A-Y or if it was a private function BUT no matter what, if he is there then he is in the UK and as he said in March he hoped to be back here round about September, 19th October isn't that far out, is it ???  I have checked concert schedule for Heaven and Michael is not showing up but his team have not come out and said he is not going to be there either....no word back and I don't mean from Gail I mean from his Promoters etc. .....just have to wait and see !! :)

It is a gay and lesbian nightclub

No Sandy, not exclusively it is a recognized venue for concerts.....just check the list of those who have appeared there !!! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service