New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thought  I might have got my kitchen finished today but unfortunately I kind of misjudged some of the bits above units which were longer than I thought and therefore taking more wallpaper and I have in fact run out so I couldn't finish and will have to take myself to the DIY store for one more roll and that will be 6 rolls for my kitchen....know it is not a bad size of kitchen but thought with all the units and wall units I have that I would have been no where near that for I only bought four at the beginning !!! lol  On setting a particular day to go to the gym that sounds a very solid idea but I would have to look at the long range weather forecast to stand any chance of that working for our weather right now is pretty unstable for today has been awful and that was why I decided to stay in and continue with decorating for we have had gale force winds and our coast road, which is the one I take to the gym, was closed as well as ferries off;   sun was shining one minute and then massive black clouds came over and the hailstones that came down, OMG the place turned white and then back came the sun and then the hailstones and tomorrow is much the same although there could be more snow in places with still gale force winds;  we have been up to 70/80 today with over 100 recorded in the hills and mountains......a typical nice day in Scotland !!!!!!! LOL.

Glad to hear things working out for you and especially with your new desk...that sounds very "posh" and here is me with just a knee and if one of the cats wants up it is a problem to be worked out !!!! lol.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I have finally hung that last piece of wallpaper....yipeeee but have to admit, over last couple of days, haven't done much else but am going to start with the painting tomorrow;  have to go out today to do various little bits and pieces and as it is quite a nice day, going to go for a nice long walk and see how the old muscles react and gauge if I am ready to hit that gym again some day soon !! lol   Wanting to definitely get to the gym for I am delighted to say have lost a couple of pounds last week and if I can do same this week want to start toning up old muscles as I do lose for, no use leaving them to go to flab or, I will never get them nice and firm again and far too old to expect them to be able to firm up on their own.....OMG old age doesn't come alone, as they say, for it sure comes with plenty of problems to get over BUT overcome them, we will !!!! LOL. 

Hope everyone else as happy as I am with sticking to their resolutions for February and are seeing worthwhile results for it too !!! :)

Hello Sylvia,
I'm happy for you that you are finished installing your wallpaper, and it has left you paint. I understood that you had lost some pounds, and you must already feel better, plus I see you doing walks, but it is true that it is often difficult to combine with time. Anyway, you're full of good wishes and as you say it is not easy to find his best years in the tone of our muscles, I'm sure you're a determined and you will come to you feel better.I wish you lots of sunny days and tell you soon.
For my part, I lost 4kg in full this month, I persevere in this direction, but we miss the weather in France, the sun motivates me much and I look forward to!

tend

katia

Allo Katia, je te félicite d’avoir perdu 4 kgs en 1 mois, continues ton bon travail! Fait-il très froid en France? Moi je prends des marches à l’intérieur en écoutant des films : j’ai un grand salon alors c’est pratique. :D Bonne chance avec ton activité physique, mais fais attention à toi okay? Câlins, sincèrement, Sylvie Qc Canada

I congratulated Katia and told her to keep up the good work while still taking care of herself. I asked her if it’s cold in France and told her I take walks inside while listening to movies since I have a big living-room. :D

Hey Sylvia, kudos on the wallpaper and the lost pounds! I’m glad you have plans for your paint and “oiling” the old muscles, best of luck with that. They say: “growing old is not for sissies” and ain’t it the truth... :D I’m not as proud of myself for the walking part this past week: I think I’ve only walked 4 days, because I’ve been concentrated on a small project. My big desk isn’t fully installed yet, but I did a major reorganizing of my craft stuff that had been lying around for too long so I’m definitely patting myself on the back for that one. You can’t win them all! :D I should be walking more this week though since I borrowed a movie from the library and it has to return in a week. I usually need help with special features. Anyway, wish me luck! Thanks for checking in first Sylvia and enjoy that walk! Temps will go up to 2 Celsius today but  precipitations throughout the day: again, you can’t win them all! Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hello my dear Sylvie,
thank you to all of the news, I see that you put the time to organize your new office, now that I know each and the region in which you live, I take a look at the weather atttention in your respective countries, and yours it's cold, I do not like snow and I like to find the sun, and I put balm to the heart, but I'm not bitching, it's winter! Well take care of yourself and goodbye

tendrement

katia

Congratulations Sylvia, Sylvie good luck, and continues Katia! I continued to lose some weight this week but it is not the top. What helps me is to walk but it is very cold and I tend to hibernate at this time  !!!. A little patience and the sun will return. Good day to all 3.
Friendly.

Françoise .

Merci Françoise et bonne chance à toi aussi! Fais attention à toi et bonne semaine. Câlins, sincèrement, Sylvie Qc Canada

Salut ma boltonette and co,

je te fais félicite aussi pour ta perte de poids, et tu le sais tout est bon à prendre dans ces cas là, persévère et ne lâches pas, mais j'ai confiance. Bientôt tu verras appaître le soleil

bisous ma françoise

Hi my boltonette and co,

I am also pleased for your weight loss, and you know everything is good to take in these cases perseveres and does not loose, but I trust. Soon you will see the sun mentioned explicitly

kiss my françoise

Merci ma Katia .
On se retrouve un peu plus tard . Bisous .

Thank you my Katia.
We found a little later. Kisses.

So glad to hear everyone is getting on so well with all you have set yourselfs especially the weight losses....keep up the good work girls ! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Folks......how are we all doing ?????    I'm doing fine and had a great day today for I went back to the gym....yipeeeeeee.....and I can still walk !!! LOL   I was going to go along to my DIY store and get paint and border for kitchen as wallpaper is up and it is all emulsion painted so now it is just the woodwork and as I say border but unfortunately, last week, we had a tragic major accident in the village next to me and the coast road has been closed for the last four days so to go away up over the back road would have meant more than an hour onto my journey so decided against and today, when I came back from gym went and got a few groceries and drove up toward the back road to see what signposting was still there because I had seen a lot of roadway vehicles and police vans passing me along the coast road and the signage for the diversion has been moved to the side of the road so coast road is back open so will go there tomorrow although not looking forward to driving through the village but got to do it at sometime because life goes on....what happened was a coal lorry which was coming out the coal terminal that is on the coast and heading down the road went straight into a house and took down half of the gable end and landed halfway in the house and a woman who was sitting with her partner watching the tv was killed and her partner is still in hospital although not seriously injured and the driver of the lorry walked away with scratches.  It is a village with narrow roads and since the coal/ore terminal opened everyone has always said that there was an accident waiting to happen but because none did the lorry drivers go faster and faster....I was nearly taken out by one about a month ago for he was half on the wrong side of the road coming round a slight bend and I do not know how he missed me but certainly one of my nine lifes went that day.....but the part of the house has had to be demolished and the rest, because it was part of a terrace has had, obviously, to be shoared up so they had to keep the road closed to give the workers space and safety to work and get it done....a terrible tragedy !!  

At the gym I had a great time and surprised myself at just how much I could still do although I didn't put in the full hour but near enough and walked nearly two miles on the treadmill and did rowing machine as well as one for the upper body so am definitely going to start again going regularly and will hit it again toward end of week and I have also lost another pound so hopefully with going to gym that one pound may start to stretch itself to two .....hopefully !!!! lol.

As I have said I am pleased for nearly got January's resolution out the road and by going back to gym have got February's on the go and just have to make sure I stick with it and I hope all of you have been able to stick with your resolutions and possibly to get new ones on the move too !!! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service