New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Sylvia, congrats on making it on Monday and kudos on walking every day! Geez, the pounds are as stubborn as the dustmites, aren't they? :D There's only so much you can do Sylvia, but if you do get into the habit of walking every day, right there is a step to better health. At least, as you've said, you haven't gained any so another step in the right direction. Break a leg on making it to the gym this week and/or watching the sweets to lose a little. I'm sure it's a morale booster when you do. I'm personally just thankful I don't own a scale! lol I've already missed out yesterday on filing messages but will get on the ball today. Take care Sylvia and good luck. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Coucou, je suis là . Je ne vous ai pas oubliées . Tout le monde avance à grands pas dans ses résolutions et je suis contente pour vous trois . Je n'ai pas progressé puisque cette semaine j'ai repris 1 kg . La météo est encore parfois bien mauvaise pour que j'envisage de mettre le nez dehors ! Mais je profite pour marcher quand le soleil veut bien apparaitre .
Ma tirelire "concert" se remplit tout doucement mais sûrement . Malheureusement, je ne mets pas la même somme de côté chaque mois , mais selon mes possibilités . J'habite à 170 kms de Monaco et peut-être , il y aura une possibilité de concert de MB cet été pas très loin de chez moi . J'aurai adoré retourner à Londres mais je demande peut-être un peu trop .
Bravo à Sylvia pour ce joli calendrier . Je vous souhaite de passer une bonne semaine .Sincèrement .

Hello, I'm here. I've not forgotten. Everyone is making great strides in its resolutions and I'm happy for you three. I have not progressed since this week I took 1 kg. The weather is still very bad sometimes that I plan to go outside! But I take for walking when the sun wants to appear.
My Piggy Bank "concert" fills slowly but surely. Unfortunately, I do not put the same amount aside each month, but according to my possibilities. I live 170 km from Monaco and perhaps there will be an opportunity to MB concert this summer not too far from home. I would have loved to return to London but I ask maybe a little too much.
Congratulations to Sylvia for this beautiful calendar. I wish you a good week. Sincerely.

Pour ma belle Françoise,

je sais que tu peux y arrivé, et le tout c'est que tu persévères et ne laches pas j'ai confiance en toi et tu le sais, pour le concert à Monaco, je vais essayer de sortir ma baguette magique, je te promets d'essayer et si ce n'est pas celui là, se sera un autre et un autre, tu sais tout l'espoir que j'ai en moi alors je le partage avec toi, donc aprés la pluie il ya toujours le soleil ou alors un arc en ciel, si tu vois ce que je veux dire, et c'est une jolie tablette de couleurs, je te fais de trés gros bisous ma boltonette

I know you can come there, and everything is as you persevere and not cowards I trust in you, and you know, for the concert in Monaco, I'll try to get my wand, I promise try and if it is not that there will be another and another, you know everything I hope that in me when I share it with you, so after the rain there is always sunshine or then a rainbow, if you know what I mean, and it's a nice color tablet, I'm doing my very big kisses boltonette

katia

Every penny counts Francoise !!!   I do hope you get to Monaco to see MB but he should be over here in UK doing shows early next year so save up and London may just be possible !! :)   Thanks for kind words about calendar photo....thank you Francoise !! :)

Chaque sou compte Francoise!!! J'espère que vous arrivez à Monaco pour voir MB, mais il devrait être plus ici au Royaume-Uni faisant montre dès le début l'année prochaine donc mettre en place et Londres peut seulement être possible!! Merci pour les paroles aimables propos photo calendrier... Merci Francoise!!

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Allo Françoise, merci de venir faire ton tour! Je suis contente que tu fasses du progrès au moins pour ta tirelire de tournée. L'important est que  tu continues à en ajouter tant que tu sois capable! Pour la perte de poids, tout ce que je puisse te dire est que je te souhaite de trouver un moyen

d'être active malgré la température. Moi, je vais rarement dehors, mais je marche des kilomètres à tous les jours! :D Garde courage ma belle et bonne chance! Prends soin de toi. Gros câlins, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

I congratulated Françoise to have at least made progress on saving consistently in her tour jar. I've also wished her luck finding a way to be active, despite the weather. I personally  rarely go out but walk kms every day!

Monday again and I am here first !!!!! LOL

One or two little things to report and will start with fact that I haven't bothered about diet for last few days; ice cream, cheesecake, fresh cream scones ALL have been the order of the day.....I have been pigging out since birthday on Thursday but freezer is empty now of all the goodies so back to diet yoghurts and boring crispbread and will report next week if any change to weight....too scared I may break the scales this week  so haven't even got them out let along stood on !!!! LOL.

Other thing to report is that I have started a new little venture and it is looking back my ancestry.   On FB there was an advert for a free trial period of 14 days to start looking into your ancestry and so I went in and checked how genuine the free trial was and checked site for some information and details I got on just my little look made me say yes to the free trial.   I worked most of yesterday on it and it proved to be a very poignant and very sad search for I found out details which I know will always bring tears to the surface, if not, as with yesterday to spill right over but hopefully, in time, the pain of the knowledge will lessen and as the person, whose details I found out about, I was told many a year ago by a white witch, is my guardian angel and sits on my right shoulder, maybe she will be able to comfort me if all that be true !!  I started to search through my paternal grandparents details for that is a side of the family I know virtually nothing about except my grandparents names and the heartwrenching detail I found out was that my paternal grandmother, Ellen, was sent to a poorhouse when she was 14 years old.  It is all the more heartbreaking when, many years ago, I used to read all books about those days here in the UK and watch all period films on TV about that era and I used to always cry at both books and films and my mother used to ask me to stop reading the books when they upset me so and I used to say to her that I couldn't because they were part of my history;  little did I know what a huge part of my history they truly were and I may just have been reading the story of my grandmother's life back then and the lifes of my great grandparents and the pain they must have endured when put into such a situation by circumstance, to have had to have gone the route they did, as so many families ended up doing here back then.   I have found out, in many ways, some lovely details too in that I had many great aunts and uncles that I new nothing about and finding out all about their lifes has been very, very, very interesting and have still a lot to delve into concerning them but next on agenda is that I am going to try and trace my paternal grandfather's side and although having a break from it all today, am not leaving things too long as I want to find out as much as I can over next 14 days before I have to start paying.   I have signed up for a "pay as you go monthly scheme" and that rate is not too horrendous especially when I can see just all the information I have managed to get in the last couple of days for think over next 11 I should find out plenty and if I give myself another month the mind boggles at just how much I may be able to unearth in that time. 

Only trouble is in getting into my "ancestry" decorating house has kind of gone by the wayside so apart from house dust mites having a party the house really, genuinely, looks like a tip, or, certainly it looks as though I may have just moved in and still be emptying the boxes.....do you think I could get away with that excuse after over 13 years ????? LOL. 

Hope everything going well with everyone else and any new ventures you have started are proving to be a lot happier than mine are although, must admit, the feeling of satisfaction in getting all the details, which is something I have always wanted to do, is priceless !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, congratulations on being here first! Lol Ah-ha, so it’s been your birthday week, hasn’t it? Have you at least tried to buy your conscience with walks? Lol Wow, I have to say Sylvia that “little ventures” and “looking up your ancestry” in the same sentence sounds like something only you could join together! :D It’s a worthwhile project Sylvia, especially for someone who can take the time. Your family history seems colourful, although I’m sure that learning about our own ancestry might seem colorful in its own right. Anyway, good luck with discovering as much as you can in those 2 weeks! Well on my side, my walking habits have been disrupted, but I’ve managed somehow to get some walking in every day. I swear I miss it if I don’t! :D I was doing well with filing my audio-visual pile and even gave a couple of CD’s away to a thrift store, but found gems like “Das Rheingold” with Kirsten Flagstadt and “Götterdämmerung with Birgit Nilsson, plus Verdi’s “Requiem mass” with Mirella Freni and highlights from “Norma” with Joan Sutherland and Marilyn Horne at that same store, so I could not pass that up! Lol Yes I know, I’m a music junkie and especially an opera junkie, but all that for $15 I think is pretty reasonable... XD As far as the computer filing goes, I’m having a hard time getting into the habit of it and twice had to remind myself that I hadn’t, so did twice as much on late nights the next day, so that compensates. Which reminds me, I should do that right now. :D Well anyway, good luck on cutting down fattening stuff Sylvia and mostly to keep moving. Thanks for sharing some of your family's history, by the way.  Take care Sylvia and have a good week! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Agree with you about your find in the thrift shop.....think I will be coming over to Quebec to have a look in that shop for you always seem to find great stuff there and would say your recent visit certainly proved more than fruitful .....I wish you enjoyable listening !!!! :)

I have been doing a lot of walking because our weather was lovely although freezing cold but unfortunately now temperature has gone up so rain has arrived and today went out for a walk ....didn't get very far before it pelted down so think for anymore walks I will have to hit the gym but pleased to hear you are still managing to walk everyday and that filing will still be there when you feel more like it and I am pretty certain you will get into the swing of doing so much everyday pretty soon and it will all be done before you know it !!!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

FYI. You may all know by now but there has been two explosions at finish line of Boston marathon

Yes Sandy watching it on one of our news's just now !!

Sylvia.

Another Monday strikes again !!! LOL   I have been striken this one for I have only got back on the internet after it went down on me last night....part of my little area lost it, don't know why, but it did ......and this morning, OMG my breakfast was boring and had to put on the tv to hear the news !!!! LOL

On those resolutions I am delighted to say that the weight is, once again, going in the right direction for I have arrived back at the point I was at before I slipped off the straight and narrow so onwards and upwards, as they say but I certainly won't achieve the weight loss I had hoped for by end April but aim now for end of May.....then maybe June or July or August !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL    Think I will just keep hoping I have the strength to walk past those fresh cream cakes all the time for this morning I nearly slipped by the wayside again for they had packets of fresh cream, jam doughnuts at half price and how I managed to walk past them I do not know and I am serious.....I was nearly salivating and drooling when I saw them !!! LOL  

On my ancestry search doing pretty well with that too and I have got that little family tree looking pretty good just need to get the info I sent away for on my Grandfather and then hopefully I will be off and running again although his side is seeming to be a little bit funny in finding out information for my Grandmother's side, in many ways, when I am looking up stuff on them it is as though it is being handed to me on a platter AND one thing I have discovered is that the information the other people who had been researching my Grandmother's tree have got the wrong information for they have picked up the wrong Ellen Coller.  I was looking for one of her sisters and up popped two Ellen Coller's so I obviously checked into the other one and found out she was my Gran not the one who had been in the poorhouse.   It is one thing I have discovered that it is quite amazing how many similar or exact names there are because obviously, as we know, way back especially at the beginning of the 1800's family names were still being passed down religiously so there are all these same names keep cropping up and I thought at one point in time my surname was unusual because for a long period of time within the whole of the Glasgow telephone book we were the only Doughty's but looking back through history and especially in the south of England there were a whole lot.   As I say I am enjoying doing it although sometimes when I have sat for about an hour checking right through one person to come up with the fact that they are nothing to do with me can be a bit of a downer and must watch too as the end of my two week trial period is looming but hopefully between now and then will find out a little more.

Nothing much else to report except that I have started, well and truly on the garden and as Saturday was lovely and dry here I got into my shed and I have cleaned out a whole lot of rubbish.....still a lot more to go but a start is a start......rubbish/garbage bin full this week so I had to stop !!! LOL.

Hope everyone else doing okay and getting all their little bits and pieces for April completed as next Monday will be the last one in April.....oh no.....where is time going..................... ??????

Sylvia    Your wee Scottish friend.

bonjour à toutes,

je vous joins un petit mot aujourd'hui, car j'ai aujourd'hui une nouvelle résolution mais qui ne me concerne pas, elle est pour ma boltonette préférée Françoise, elle s'est cassée le bras vendredi et s'est fait opéré samedi, et elle est rentrée aujourd'hui chez elle, elle en aura sans doute ôur 2 à 3 mois pour se remettre donc j'ai donc pensé à elle peut être pas pour une nouvelle résolution qui me concerne et pour un souhait pour elle qu'elle aille mieux et que son moral ne la quitte pas. Peut être qu'elle a voulu se mettre au roller en apprenant que MB venait juste à côté de chez elle le 3 aôut, qui sait, non je rigole!!! Bon, Bé voilà, bravo Sylvia pour tes recherches sur tes descendants, en espérant que cela t'amène les réponses qui tu attends, je pense bien à vous Sylvie, Sylvia et Françoise et je vous souhaite pleins de bonheurs pour cette semaine

I attach a note today, because today I have a new resolution but that does not concern me .. It is my favorite boltonette Francoise. Friday she broke her arm and she had surgery Saturday and is now back at her, she will probably be our 2-3 months to recover so I figured it can therefore be not for a new resolution for me and a wish for her to get better and moral never left. Maybe she wanted to get to skating to learn that MB had just beside her on 3 August, who knows, I am not kidding! Well, bravo Sylvia for your research your descendants, hoping that it brings you the answers that you expect, well I think you Sylvia, Sylvia and Françoise and I wish you lots of happiness for this week

tendrement

katia

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service