New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am going to TN this weekend to buy some lottery tickets, so everybody hold your breath and keep the faith!!!!!

XOXO Sandy in MS

Hi Sandy and it is a private concert we are going to have with Michael for I am going to win the Euromillions Lottery when it is up about 150 million and that should leave me enough for some charities and maybe a million or two for myself and the rest we can all go to town on.......WHAT a PARTY WE are going to HAVE !!!!! LOL. 

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

YES YES YES!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XOXO Sandy in MS

I love your agenda, Sylvia, and I wish you both the best of luck :). Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Sorry to disappoint folks but it never came up on Friday....AGAIN....but, there is always next Friday....keep that little light of hope shining bright for one of these days....it has got to happen;  hasn't it ??????? ROFL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Another week has begun......meaning.....one week closer to May 6th .......yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  !!! LOL     More than just getting nearer to May being achieved for I have met one of my goals for 2013 ....wow.....I have lost a stone, 14 lbs., in weight since started diet at beginning of year and now the battle really begins;  to keep it off !!!!!!! LOL.    Still going to aim to get more off for want, at least, another 7lbs. away and then will see what the face looks like and if it is clapped in.....stopping....if not....will go for another 7 lbs. making it 2 stone.   HUGE question.....does anyone have enough faith in me to believe I will achieve this BEFORE May ?????? LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Sylvia, I am sure 100% that you create this.

Further a lot of success!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Hey Sylvia, absolutely: if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything! Just keep your eye on the ball and don't let it hit you in the head, which is "the real challenge"! :D I'm ashamed to say my week hasn't been very productive goal-wise, aside from a bit of reading, so I'll just go to my corner and think about what I haven't done... XP Too much going on and not enough time so I hope my report is better next week, wish me luck! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada 

Danke Petra and glad to hear Sylvie I am not the only one that hasn't got a lot done but suppose as we do start to get into Christmas spirit other things to think about although in saying that I am definitely back at gym tomorrow or Wednesday....definitely !!! :)

Hi all,  wow, another week, another month starting and I feel like New Year's Eve is staring me in the face, saying: so, what have you got to say for yourself? lol I will make a resolution this month simply to keep my sanity! lol But seriously, I was at least able to do some reading this week, have located the remains of my reading pile and will resolve to finish it by the end of the month/year, even if I have to read 15 minutes at a time every day. Too much going on to sit and file a box set, so if I achieve that, I'll give myself extra points. At least, my Christmas tree and decorations are up, Rockwell calendar up too, so just need to deal with the cards. Hope everyone's week went well and that some goals are being met. I think I'll wish us all  the same about the sanity and also, to write our wishes and fill our cards with sincerety. :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Thank you for you wishes and many hugs return to you, Sylvie!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Well all I have done is make up the monthly calendar page and have used one of my Christmas cards as a background and it is cream in colour with a large black, gold and cream Christmas tree bauble decoration and it has a black bow at top with a little black label with Merry Christmas written on gold lettering and I have placed December's calendar page at foot and it kind of blends in with the colouring and it is good picture of Michael on the red carpet at an event all dressed in black too and even with his black scarf...........turning into the black, gold and cream Christmas !!!!! lol

Nothing to report at all except that I have got most of my Christmas shopping done, half cards written and parcels for abroad parcelled up and some sent with others ready to go.   During week I will look out decorations and start getting place dressed.....although our towns have their decorations up and lit we don't decorate our houses that early;  some people do but majority put everything up maybe just about couple to three weeks before Christmas. 

Didn't go to gym last week and haven't lost any more weight......told you.....nothing to report !!!!!!!!! LOL

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service