New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Sylvia, I'll post soon, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Thought would start this thread off for January not with my usual calendar picture but of one that Marie Rusova has made and posted for me on my Timeline on FB.  It is of a calendar for 2014 with each month laid out in a different colour and in the centre a picture of Michael playing the guitar and holding it, just about, aloft and she has put 2014 at top with the words "New Year" at bottom and has also placed a rose in Michael's hand which is lying down the frets on the guitar.  It is a rather beautiful picture she has made and thanks go to Marie....diky Marie !!! :)

First things first I am definitely seeing in January by starting on a very, very strict diet.    Haven't quite put all the weight back on that I lost last year but let's say if I do not diet I am well on the road to doing so !!! lol   That is most important resolution for the month of January and at present the only one I've got because it will require my full concentration and determination to achieve;  at least all sweets/candies and other rubbish have been finished and none will be introduced to this house for quite a while to come...LOL

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and hope that whether, monthly or, a yearly resolution you have set yourself that you achieve it and that it gives you one darn good feeling of satisfaction to have done so.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, ooh, thanks for the pic description, it sounds lovely! Best of luck with your resolution Sylvia and I hope you find less caloric ways to treat yourself, not to feel deprived. Maybe I should wish you a lot of snow so you get a good workout shoveling? ;D Well on my side, I want to keep up with the good habits I’ve tried to instil in the past year and mostly, organize and clean up my computer, which I’ve already started, but again, it’s a slow process. This one will be an on-going thing, but I have more short term goals, so I’ll post them here as I go along. Good luck  to all with yearly or monthly goals or resolutions and heaven help us all! :D Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for starting this thread again,

This year I'm going to loose weight also. I want to take off at least 25 pounds, and also try to become more computer literate,  so I can be able to better my writing skills. I used to write when I was younger, but nothing really became of it for me. Now with all the computer knowledge we have access to I hope to get back into it.

Happy New Year to All and good luck with your resolutions!

Kellie

Hi Kellie, I hope you come in and share with us of either your progress or efforts to achieve your goals. Personally, I don’t want to own a scale, but compare with older clothes and that’s good enough for me. I’ve recently started  to write in a document everything I eat and how much exercize I do. I find that for me, putting it in writing makes it more official. Plus it curbs my desire to eat junk! Lol I’m the only one who reads it, but as I said it helps me. BTW, do you intend on teaching yourself the computer by practicing and experimenting, or will you take classes? Just wondering. In any case, as I’ve said, please feel free to share. Take care Kellie and break a leg! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hello Sylvia and Sylvie!

Now I would also like to contribute something to the New Year Resolutions.
I take before my excessive peculiarities (impatience, punctuality, organisation till the last, love of order) to reduce something.

I believe my people suffer at times very much from it! But I also take before to think of myself! I incline to forget myself and to show only consideration for my friends.

This does not sound everything difficultly! I hope I will also carry out it!

And I will try to not be so much excitedly to because of my first Michael Bolton Konzert! However, the plan is already very difficult!!!

I hope that I creates everything! And I wish You the same!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

(Oh, my grammar is very bad, or?)

Hi Petra, you are very welcome to join our discussion thread! Well I think that trying to be more patient is definitely a good resolution. Now punctuality and organization are usually good, but if you feel  your family is suffering from it, I guess you just need to ask yourself how important it is and simply learn to relax. Most of us are trying to be more organized! :D Oh Petra, lol I think it’s okay to be excited, as long as you don’t make other people crazy: you’re not calling people on the phone, or stopping people on the street to tell them you’re excited, are you? :D As I said, I think it’s okay to be excited, but you’ll wear yourself out before the concert, since you have a few months to wait. Now, if you were like me and only had 36 days to wait, it might be different... :D I wish you very much success in your resolutions Petra: learning to relax is not easy, so good luck to you, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D  

Hi Petra....oh my the excitement is soooo much fun waiting to see Michael!! And Sylvie...36 more days...look who is excited and has a countdown going??!!! ;) We all do when a concert is on the horizon :)) Your writing is fine Petra. Just ask yourself...what would our writing be like if we tried to write in YOUR native language? It is more important to try to write and I find it very refreshing that you are brave to do so!! So please keep joining us :)))

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hey Kathy, it's nice to read you on this thread again. Now as far as my countdown, my last concert was almost 5 years ago so I think I'm entitled to be excited to have a concert in 28 days! XD Lucky for you I'm not counting the hours yet... ;D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

You are MORE than entitled Sylvie :))) That is why I wrote that we all have a countdown when we have a concert on the horizon!! Oh my...and now just 28 days.....getting closer :)))) WooHoo!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

It is terrific that we nearly all do have concerts to look forward too in 2014 and who knows what the latter half of it will bring and I know what I am hoping for and that is concerts for everyone !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi ladies!

I do not know where I can write my question, so I write to you in this thread :)

What is your weather like? Russian media write and speak: in America terrible frosts ...

Like: Siberian frosts came to the United States and Canada.

How are you, my dear fans of Michael?!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service