New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvie....thanks and I have not been on this site much because of my phone problems. I received a new phone today and all now appears okay...crossing fingers and toes !!

I wanted to say good luck to everyone on here with your 2014 resolutions :)). One of mine was to see MB in Biloxi but the drive alone I know is not wise :(. It sure is tough though not to be going ;(. I tell myself at my age to just take the chance anyway but guess I won't this time ; (. MB, HURRY UP AND GET BACK TO TULSA OR CLOSE BY......DECEMBER IS A HECK OF A TOO LONG TIME AWAY YET.....LOL....hope J.P. is looking in on what we are writing here and tells MB for me ;)). Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Hey Kathy T. I am glad the new phone seems to be fine.. Finally...

I hope MB heads back your way before too late in 2014!!!!!

Robin in MD :)

Thanks Robin and I was just thinking about Sylvie after I put this on here....she has waited much, much longer as well as others. I have no place to be complaining.....THERE IS ONLY ONE MB AND HE IS IN GREAT DEMAND ;))))))) Hugs,

Yeah he is and I am hoping Sylvie's show gets rescheduled soon.. I cannot complain either..

Robin in MD:)

Hi Kathy and Robin, thanks a lot for your support, I can only hope. Kathy, poor girl, how many phones have you gone through in the past 2 years? It’s always something... I hope this one will keep working properly, but I’m just glad you got it free! :D Talk to you soon sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

LOL.....thanks Sylvie.....only one new cellphone but a new company I am not happy with (WARNING...stay away from Sprint):(:(:(:(.
Everything is currently okay now and I said currently!!.....stay tuned though!! One of the managers phones like mine exploded :(.
I do hope your concert is soon rescheduled, Sylvie. I bought my new chair but in a light red color instead. I feel like I am sitting up too high until it is broken in a bit. You know how it...you go to the furniture store and sit in the floor model and it is soooooo comfy. That is because people have sat in it over and over again. Soooo....new chair and rugs for my apt. but no MB this time :(. I thought I might take a few cds and take a short roadtrip next week and have a fabulous MB concert in my car....LOL...my stereo in the car is fantastic and no limit on how loud I can play it either out in the country :))))). I will get over not going to Biloxi but then be waiting, waiting anxiously you know ;)).
Hope the spring gets to you very soon...it was 80 here yesterday...55 today. Gotta run....errands to do before work. All have a great day and I hope Sylvia can get her car repaired at not too much expense. I think you should make the city pay for it, Sylvia !!!!!!! Hugs,

Kathy :)

Got my car back on Monday Kathy and I'm not going to say I was happy with expense but it was cheaper than I feared in that she didn't need a new exhaust....so, suppose, in some ways I was lucky !!! :)

Hope you get "comfy" in your new chair soon and hope too everything keeps going okay with that phone !!!!!!   Hope too you have a good concert in the car;  I have one every time I get in and so does everyone else especially in this good weather when I have windows rolled down, like yesterday, and I actually wondered why a few people were looking at my car and then it dawned on me.......rolled the windows down but forgot to turn the sound down;   Mr. Bolton was singing his wee heart out.....LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi again Kathy, I’m sorry sweetie, I know you’ve had phone/internet server or browser problems on and off for a good while now and I guess, not owning one, I registered it was your actual phone that was tempermental. Okay, no Sprint, gotcha! They were probably sprinting when they made it... XP lol Sorry, bad pun... ;D  Oh Kathy, enjoy your mobile concert girl! That’s what I love about winter and having my own home: singing with the windoes closed and loud volume! Lol Urgh, spring is hiding under blowing snow right now I'm afraid...   If you guys have some to spare, send it express! :D All right sweetie, enjoy your new cozy environment and break a leg with your phone and breaking in the sweet spot on your new chair. Take care Kathy. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Thought would pop in here seeing as how I am on and seeing as how it is going to be one the shortest reports ever.....I might even just use one word instead of the usual 20 for there is; ZERO to report.    Moved pots on patio as was starting to think about cleaning it and then one day it was dry afternoon and thought I would get solution down so moved larger pots and put solution down;  after got my little sprayer all cleaned and packed away;  sat down and had wee cup of tea and went to get up and one of knees buckled with a lot of pain too and I nearly hit the floor...SO...kind of hobbled about for a few days and it is now starting to feel a lot better and more stiff and achy than actually painful.  Don't quite know what caused it if twisted, or whatever, in some way when moving pots, or if total coincidence and it is something else.....will just have to wait and see how it goes and see what happens when I feel it is okay to start doing heavy stuff again but think too I will be trying it out on kitchen floor with a stationary jog before I hit the gym again, or I might, literally, hit the floor there.....LOL    

Hope everyone else more fortunate than me and able to continue with all your plans and see some good end results !!! :)

P.S.   I still managed to make that "Zero" report pretty substantial, didn't I (?)........ROFL

AUAAA!!  Sylvia I wish you good improvement! I advise you: Make a break!!!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

This is absolutely one of the cutest cat photos I have ever seen, Petra,.....LOL.... Hugs,

Oh Petra that is soooooooooo funny and it is true, a cat will sleep anywhere and maybe I would benefit from hanging like that  because funnily enough when my leg is straight and stretched it feels better.....get out my clothes drier and lie on it;  who is kidding who, I would smash it to smithereens if I tried to lie on it......LOL

Sylvie the picture Petra has put in is a beautiful pure white cat and I am sure it is a clothes drier he/she is "hanging" on for you can only see part of it but believe it looks like one that would go across a bath.   The cat is literally lying stretched across four rungs and his head is hanging down over last one he takes up of the four and his front paws he has hooked on that one and then second rung is across his chest with third one being at top of back legs and the two back legs are just hanging straight down and that is what almost makes it so funny but then you look at his tail and it is hooked over the fourth rung and hanging down too.   If he starts dreaming and jumping about like my two do when they dream he is going to get the fright of his life for he will surely take off into the air off of the clothes drier and heaven only knows where he will land....wish I was there to see when he wakened up ......LOL

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service