New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rest your leg and your knee! Also let sometimes others work! Over again good improvement! I hope you do not have to go to the orthopaedist!!!
And nicely that you and Kathy like the picture again! For the next week I have already found a other sweet pic!

Petra Christine (Germany)

LOL....I cannot wait, Petra. I have a beautiful cat....Siamese and Ragdoll mix....tan with reddish dark markings and blue eyes. So when you post a photo of a cat or a beautiful horse...you have my attention (and MB too most definitely....better make good on this one...LOL...). I saw a photo today of a very beautiful horse too :)). Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Kathy, you love cats and horses? Then I send you with pleasure this greeting!

Petra Christine (Deutschland)

Aww...thanks Petra...so sweet of you and adore the photo. Hugs,

Hi Sylvia, well first, thanks to Petra for the picture and you for the description, awwww, sweet... :D Speaking of description, ouch I felt the pain in your knee giving out! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better though, that was weird... Did your leg swell up or did it bruise? Well in any case, take it easy with the gym and maybe start walking only around the block to start, Dr Boisvert's orders! lol Well on my side, pretty much again: copy-paste from last week.  The only exception is that I haven't done any braille reading at all and I know I need to do something because this is really ridiculous. I know I can manage reading audio books no problem while doing something else, but seriously need to buckle down this week and read  like half an hour daily, always at the same time, so I start a habit or it'll never get done. Everything else is going swimmingly: I even read 3 different audio  books in the past week! Well anyway, I hope to report progress next time. I wish you better luck this week Sylvia and as I've said: take it easy, okay? Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Thanks Petra for another lovely photo and Sylvie what picture shows is a horse standing at gate of paddock and on top of gatepost is a cat and it is leaning toward horses head rubbing itself against him....it is a beautiful picture and doesn't look photoshoped, looks real for there is sunlight playing in it too and it all matches !! :)

Glad you have got some things done Sylvie and sitting down reading can be difficult to get a handle on when there are so many other things you want to do and for me I am quite lucky in that I love to read in bed and 99% of time read for about a hour before going to sleep so I catch up on all those books that way !! :)

On knee it is getting better and it does have a little bit of redness but the main thing is you could fry an egg on it....it is radiating some amount of heat and think maybe a touch of bursitis (house maid's knee).....think maybe could say too, a touch of getting old !!!!!! lol

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, aww, what a sweet pic and description, thanks again to you and Petra! :D My daughter reads in bed too, but I’m too tired to concentrate at that hour. I did figure out my best  focus hour so wish me luck! The reason I was asking about your knee was to figure out whether to put heat or ice on it. If it’s bursitis, I guess some anti-inflamatory like Advil might help. Oops, there I go again! Lol Sorry... Anyway, I hope it feels better soon. I didn’t want to say anything about getting old... ;D In any case, take good care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely,, Sylvie QC Canada :D

To Sylvie and Robin R......Petra posted a photo of what appears to be maybe a Pinto horse (white and reddish brown and beautiful) and a gorgeous long hair cat....white, tan and reddish brown mix....The horse is looking face forward over an iron gate and the cat is sitting on a round wood post nuzzling its head sweetly against the horses head....just adorable, adorable :)). Thanks again, Petra:). Hugs,

Thanks for the added details Kathy, much appreciated. :D Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Love the cat and horse photo. My Arab and our barn cat were buddies like that. I miss them both.

Hope your knee is better soon Sylvia. Take it easy on it.

Robin in MD :)

Hi all, I luckily remembered posting before getting off the computer this time.  Well, sorry to bore you with my report, but it's pretty much again, copy-paste from the previous weeks. I did get a bit more reading done, but not into the habit yet. I know it's no excuse, but it's been a very busy week. I hope your knee is all better Sylvia and that you were able to walk at least and hope some things are getting done. Good luck to everyone  keeping with their forward motion in your resolutions and projects. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D 

Exactly the same here with me Sylvie ....nothing !!! LOL   Have just been keeping myself busy doing the odd jobs that need doing, cleaning and cleaning and more cleaning but at least yesterday was lovely here and managed to get outside and get some stuff done there but certainly nothing on that resolution theme;  will definitely have to head to the DIY store for that paint and at least if I have that staring me in the face it might prove to be a little bit of an incentive....only thing is I do have to bend a lot with the skirting so with the old knee that could prove difficult;  does one get the impression the excuses are maybe starting to run riot and procrastination is setting in;  I would say that is a definite....LOL 

I must admit at this time of year I always think of my dad who maintained this time of year, with the transition from winter to spring, was one of the worst because emotionally you automatically think just the fact of will give you that needed boost but he used to say too many people forget the physical side and it needs attention to give it the required boost and get it in working order after its hibernation so that it can enjoy the spring.  He wasn't daft, my old dad, and he thought seriously about a lot of things and don't believe he was far wrong in that thought because always find this time of year comes along with a kind of lack lustre sheen to it and you need that ooooomph (? on spelling) and little bit extra to get going.....in other words a good kick up the proverbial you know what  !!! LOL   Think will see if I'm double jointed and give myself one or, maybe, I could ask the cats to oblige !!!! ROFL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service