New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvia, thanks for description and good wishes. Well it's the flu and he's just very tired still. Winter leftovers are lingering, so what are you gonna do? Anyway, thanks again Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

LOVE the second one Petra.. My horse would lay his head on my shoulder like that..It brings back good memories of my Arabian I had for 17 years...AWWW  Nothing is as special as a bond between a horse and owner..There is nothing like it!!!

Robin in MD :)

Hi all, for once, I remembered posting before getting off the computer! :D Well my week wasn't too bad, although a bit slower with the computer filing, but I managed to read 5 out of 7 days this week! I hope to keep it up, but at least, I'm in the mindset of getting it done, so yay! Incidentally, don't keel over in shock, but spring seems to have at least temporarily sprung! We had temps in the 50s over the weekend, are expecting 70s today and no, I'm not kidding! However, it's supposed to get back in the 30s on Wednesday... XP The good news is that the snow is almost gone off our yard, so things are looking up. I hope you're all enjoying your spring and that at least some of your goals were reached. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hi there and I'm just a tad late coming in here this week.....LOL

Glad your weather has changed Sylvie and hope Spring has really sprung and you get to enjoy a lot more and too that you managed to get some of that reading done !!! :)

Our weather over last few days has been terrific and I have been working outside and just about complete and am at stage that next job outside will be the painting of the wall.....that yearly event I can't wait for .....LOL    I will whisper....after that will be the railings !!! lol   I have made a very definite move toward that hallway for I did go to the DIY store and I have the paint....wow....miracles do happen and as tomorrow it has to be pretty wet here I might just start to tackle it.....but don't all get your hopes up for I did say, "might"....LOL

Hope everything going well for everyone else and that you are all having a terrific week !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, good for you getting some gardening done and well, getting your paint is a step in the right direction!I'll nag if you need me too... :D As far as spring, someone is playing yo-yo with the barometer: we had 2 as a high today, forecasting 12 for Saturday and back down again. Oh and we had snow last night! lol Monday was fabulous though: I opened the windows and kept sniffing spring. Anyway, one day at a time. Break a leg on your painting girl, take care and have a good week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

To read your story is to be over and over again nicely!! Now I would like to wish you nice Easter. I know I am very early! But I also do not want to forget it!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Thanks Sylvie and haven't started my painting yet as I made arrangements yesterday to take my wee buggy to the garage today to get her MOT Certificate which we need, here in the UK, to get your valid Road Tax Certificate, before you can take a vehicle on the road and as mine is due end of April am getting that well out the road (a good pun, LOL)  before all the serious stuff begins on my Bolton Adventure.  So am waiting to hear from garage that she has passed her MOT and does not require any work done and then I will go and pick her up and I will give her a wee kiss for being a good girl but won't tell you what I'll do to her if she needs any work done on her.....don't believe it would be printable on here !!! LOL

Thanks Petra for your Easter wishes and for your fun pictures.....danke !!! :)    Sylvie, what Petra has put in is a picture of a cat sitting upright and he/she has got on a pair of big bunny ears and there is a basket of Easter egg packing shells all opened sitting on grass and the cat is shouting; "Where's my chocolate !"  In the second picture it is of a baby sitting in its pram and it has at its mouth a pair of huge lips with two front teeth like the bunny rabbit has.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

With the thick lips and the hare's teeth it concerns an amusing baby-soother! Funny, or?

Hey Sylvia, good call getting it done close enough to your start date, but far enough away in case it needs work. OMG, lol cute pictures Petra! I’ll send them to my daughter and thanks for the description Sylvia. :D Take care ladies and you and everyone else have a  nice Easter weekend! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

A new week has begun! The last week before my concerts!

Germany prepares for Michael Bolton!

I wait!

And can not decide me for a outfit!

I wish You a nice week!!!

Thanks for the fun pictures Petra and Sylvie what Petra has put in is firstly a man painting a cow in the colours of the German flag and the cow is looking round as if to say: "what are you doing ??" or else; "are you nearly finished ???".  Second pic is of a gorilla sitting in a rather pensive, thoughtful pose and thirdly is one of a girl dressed in a rather outlandish, completely red, outfit at a fashion show.

As I am in here will get in quick with my little report of how things have gone over last week and they have gone very well indeed.  I got my little buggy MOT'd and got my Road Tax renewed so she is all set for her Bolton Adventure unlike me who has still to decide on final outfits for have been waiting for this weight to fall off but unfortunately it hasn't done so, so will just have to go with the shape and size I am and make the best of it....in other words I will be looking out the baggiest outfits possible for certainly won't be anything tight fitting for the bulges would be too much to look at !!!! LOL.

As it has been lovely weather here I have got my outside front wall painted and I got part of main back wall painted too where it had become a little bit grubby looking so I am delighted with that for apart from railings that is outside work practically done and at least I will not feel guilty at leaving it over May and can get stuck back into in June.   Have also been out walking every day and certainly feeling the benefit of that and because it is another lovely day here, although pretty windy, I am going out for another walk today in a little while, in fact, once I have everything cleared up here, I am out !!! :)

Hope everyone else has had a good week and that you are all still enjoying the Easter break, if you get it, and all those Easter eggs too....I have to admit I relented in the diet of no Easter eggs and ended up buying myself a packet of individual chocolate eggs and they were delicious, absolutely delicious !!!! lol

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, well first, thanks for the pic descriptions and thanks Petra for sharing your pics. I’m really happy for you that so much has gotten done this week for you Sylvia and especially glad you’ve had the insentive to walk every day. Sylvia, obviously, I don’t know anything about your shape and have to take your word for it, but when you’re picking your outfits, think “streamline”, or clothes that just skim over your assets. ;D That’s what my daughter told me when we went shopping. She said: no more of those overly baggy clothes! She used to watch “What not to wear” a lot... :D That’s my 2 cents you can either use or throw in a fountain and make a wish... :D Anyway, on my side, the computer filing is arduous but getting done, still good with last year’s goodhabits and I’ve read every day this past week and the pile is finally shrinking, which is a big relief. I don’t want to set a target date for it being gone because I’m afraid to jinx it, but it’s looking good, thank goodness. That’s about it for now my dear. I wish you, Petra and all fans with upcoming concerts good luck on picking your outfits and have a fantastic time! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service