New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Had to come back on here and let you know that I saw a little top today and I could not resist and I bought it and when I got home and tried on appropriate trousers with it ...oh boy....you know that way that you just feel a million bucks when you put on that extra special outfit .....well, I can assure you, oh boy, did I feel good, yeah !!!! :)    It is a chiffon top with a silk lining underneath and it is gathered slightly at the neckline to make it hang in loose pleats  and it has three horizontal panels at front and four at back made of rows of tube sequins.  It has capped sleeves which are just of the chiffon material with a lowish square neckline which is also edged in the sequins and it is taupe and I am going to wear with a pair of off white linen trousers and it hangs and swings to just beginning of hips.....I have even got the earrings sorted out  !!!! LOL  Eventually I feel the outfits are coming together....thank goodness !!! LOL

Glad to hear things working out okay for you Sylvie and that that reading is getting done....good for you getting that pile reduced !!! :)   To be showers and sunshine here tomorrow so I have decided I am definitely going to paint the hallway....I think !!!! LOL

One thing I did mean to mention yesterday is remember I was in on the Ancestry site and really getting that tree done and the unknown relative got in touch well, she is coming over for a holiday in August and we are definitely going to meet up...how's that for the Ancestry site getting families together and I am really looking forward to it and especially too being able to show her where her Grandfather stayed.....everything happening in 2014 !!!! :)  

Hope everyone has a great week whatever you are doing !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Your outfit sounds stunning, Sylvia :). You will be the bell of the MB UK concerts...LOL...I know it feels good to get that part taken care of too. Okay that is 2 down and 4 to go if I am correct. Sorry I have not been on this portion of the site lately. My work is increasingly busy but looks as if you ladies are staying busy too.

Glad you are going to have a relative visiting you in August.....you will have plenty to share I am sure and MB included. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Hey Sylvia, wow, lots going on indeed... I'm really happy for you having found that top and especially no surprise ending to your story! :D Happy M&G rehearsals Sylvia and break a leg if you do more shopping, but mostly, goodluck with your painting. Have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Hi girls and I actually have 5 sorted out Kathy and thought for sure I had the six done and then decided to try on the last one and don't know how long it is since I've worn it but I certainly wasn't the shape I am now, that's for sure......it's hanging back up in the wardrobe waiting for a better day !!!! LOL   Am certainly looking forward to meeting my relative that I knew nothing about until a few months ago and believe she is more looking forward to meeting me and getting all the news of all the relatives that she knew nothing about.  It is quite sad, in some respects, for her mother was an only child and she never knew that she had an absolute stack of cousins and all other relatives following on from that and seemingly she always wondered and it was just because of knowing how her mother had felt that prompted this girl to start looking and searching through her Grandfather's history....just shows you what things can lead to;  a whole family you knew nothing about !!!! lol.

Believe it, or not, I have nearly got my hallway done....worked like a little navvy today and it will definitely be finished tomorrow and I am shattered and it is funny for I can hear my bed calling !!!! lol.   Goodnight folks !!! :)

I am glad your are getting your outfits together, Sylvia, and I know you will look very nice too :). I am patiently waiting for your special moments......you seem to be maintaining quite well until then :)).

I think it is very special your relative has found family...the 2 of you will have a blast discovering so many things :).

I have been running to concerts and getting very little done at home and MB is a bit responsible for that ;). I had not had the opportunity in Tulsa in years past to be able to attend concerts of alot of the greats yet of my era for various reasons. A while back MB mentioned the great artists that have helped make the industry what it is. Tomorrow night I am attending my first Diana Ross concert and she is currently on her farewell tour so I am excited to finally get to see her before she retires :).

Now as far as my home I had to buy a new microwave yesterday and I just received a new bed comforter in the mail. I bought a new recliner a few months ago and scatter rugs. The painting inside is still awaiting....ugh...and hopefully new carpet by next year. New renovations will be coming soon to the outside and newly paved parking....happy about that too :)....If I do not decide to move that is. A few new touches inside can be refreshing :).
I do not come on this part of the site very often but I wish all well with their 2014 New Year Resolutions :). Nite, Wee One.

Hugs,

Thanks Kathy and hope you enjoy Diana Ross and did not realize she was doing a farewell tour.  Remember seeing her way back in the 60's with the Supremes when there was a "Motown Show" came here.....those were the days !!!!! :)   Hope you have a blast !!! :)   Good luck too with all the house renovations and as you say just to do one thing different with your home can make it look so refreshed and must admit I am delighted with my hallway and where it didn't look too bad woodwork was a shade darker than the walls which it was supposed to blend in with and now again it blends in.   Enjoy show !!! :)

Hi Sylvia and thanks. Now I was told yesterday this was her farewell tour. I have not checked that out on the net so I will do so. I do not want to give the wrong info and word of mouth was my info so I will follow up on this.
Glad you were able to see her in the 60's :). I loved it when she was with the Supremes too :).

I am sure your home is looking lovely and soon ready for company coming :))). It is getting warm here finally....I need to start thinking about that painting soon. My grandson's 14th birthday is next month and my great nephew has called in the past week and he will be visiting too soon. I need to get busy this weekend :). Back to sleep for me now though.....have a great day :). Hugs,

Exactly I feel at the moment (ha, ha)!!!!

Puuhhh! I am not able can write at the moment the reasonable! I am so sorry!!! Honestly, I am not accountable! Still twice sleep (whether does this still function?), then I live in a emergency situation! I think, I am crazy!!!

Petra (Germany) Now I extinguish the additional "Christine"!

Okay Ladies.....I must apologize for not checking out the word of mouth Diana Ross info.....I DO NOT SEE WHERE THIS IS HER FAREWELL TOUR
ANYWHERE ON THE NET AND THAT IS GREAT NEWS !!!! :))). I stand corrected and happy to know it, Sylvia :).

Petra you have it pegged correctly too.....looks somewhat like me in the mornings....especially the hair.....LOL.... Hugs,

LOL Petra, I feel the same way some days!!! OMG! Too funny.

Robin in MD:)

Wow, am I being good (makes a change) being on here first and remembering it is a Monday.....miracles will never cease !!!!! LOL

Only thing to report about this week is that next week is getting closer....yipeeeeee !!! :)    Have just about sorted house out for my travels and for my nephew being nursemaid to the house and babysitter to the cats and goldfish....just to stack fridge up for him and that will be it all set and ready !!!! lol   I am getting there too with my stuff for have eventually started laying out some things I want to take and am definitely going to decide on that 6th outfit tonight but you know I keep forgetting that I am coming back home in between so my last concerts can wait.....might see something I fall in love with when I'm away, who knows !!!! :)    Also too, got to give you a laugh, for just the other day it dawned on me that I haven't given much thought to what I am actually going to be wearing during the day......all set for each night.....but during the day !!!!!!! LOL    Maybe I should cancel all my hotels and try and find the nearest nudist colony......I would save some money on clothes;  save on washing;   suitcase would be a lot lighter   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL.

Have got to say don't know when I will get back on here next week but hopefully it will be to report that I have arrived safely in Cardiff and am on my way to suss out stage doors and everything else at that theatre !!!! :)

Good luck to all those that have concerts coming up in Germany for wishing you all safe travels and wonderful shows !!!! :)

Hey Sylvia, wow, I’m impressed! :D  Well now I understand you being in travel and concert gear and I know the running around for that will keep you on your toes! :D Sylvia, you do what you want with your outfits,, but following the Kathy R “MB concert guide”, I think you should be prepared with your outfit, just in case you don’t have time to shop or can’t find anything else. I hadn’t realized you’d be doing home pit stops. Here, I have a solution to your problem:

http://www.nakedscotland.org.uk/

...and another one in case you need it:

http://www.scotnaturist.freeservers.com/

lmao they’re called “naturists”, by the way... XD I can picture it: the naked tour of Scotland, now there’s something you don’t want burned into your brain! Lol Sylvia, now seriously, about your trip, I was wondering if you'd feel like starting a travel log on your profile page, in case you’d have time. I think it might be fun and interested fans could pop by. You could always delete it later if you see fit.  Well I have to say that you certainly make this thread interesting Sylvia, because my own comments can put anyone to sleep, since my week was the same old same-old copy-paste entry as last week, but happy to report I’m still reading every day! I’m actually at the point where I’m wondering what I’ll do for my next goal, aside for a special  art  project. That’s about it for now. To all German fans awaiting a concert and to you  Sylvia: happy preps and safe travels. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service