New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvie and thanks for those links for did you see that this Saturday is World Naked Gardening Day and you all know how I love to do my garden......oh, what a vision and certain I wouldn't just scare the neighbours the wildlife would scatter too !!!!! LOL   Must admit I don't think I would even joke about naked gardening if I was a man.....oh, definitely not !!!!!!!!! LOL   Just the thought of what could happen is bringing tears to my eyes don't what it would do to a man's .......LOL

Have to say you beat me to it for the idea of a blog is one I've had and going to call it "Sly's Diary" for initially I thought of starting a thread in Off Topic and then thought a blog on my page would be better.....so watch this space for announcement !!! lol

Sylvie I have to come home for the Glasgow concert is virtually in the middle of MB's tour on 16th May so I have 3 concerts before and then 2 after and also of course by coming home it gives me 5 days with Kathy....if she, Bob and Ryan can stand me that long.....LOL  Looking forward to their visit and showing them round my wee homeland of Scotland so those 5 days will end up being like a little holiday for me too !!! :)  

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, well first, about the links I've sent you, I didn't dare look! lmao Well I'm not sure it's quite warm enough for naturists yet, but good thing they don't do that in Canada and I just won't elaborate on that... :D Glad to hear you were thinking of a blog and I'll definitely look forward to reading it. Well I hadn't asked about the visit with the Rosarios and how long it would be, but it sounds like a wonderful holliday Sylvia and do hope you'll include it in your blog too. XD Take care Sylvia. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Sylvia this is your big week coming up, the start of your MB Road Trip. Wishing you a wonderful time and looking forward to hearing all about it!! You will be so amazed in Cardiff when he comes out on that stage girl!!!!

Thrilled for you!!!!

Robin in MD :)

Ditto Robin.....safe travels, Sylvia. Forget about keeping up here on the forum.....just have the time of your life :)))). Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Thanks girls and going to start doing something positive now ....like deciding exactly on what I am taking and maybe half packing my case, with any luck !!! LOL   I have got to do for half of tomorrow is lost as my brother and nephew are visiting because have to hand over keys to my nephew.   Thanks for good wishes !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi everyone, I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one posting this week, but that's okay: I'm doing it for my own record. This past week has been crazy busy, but I did manage my reading and funny enough, I did even more filing despite disturbances. My eldest son threw a monkey wrench in my plans for my guest bedroom so I need to rethink it this week. It worked out for the best though, because I'll have room for my next project, which is to sort out baby stuff for my daughter who's having a baby, so I'm looking forward to that. I plan to keep up with everything else, but the baby stuff will be next week. I hope everyone's resolutions or goals are moving forward, even if it's at a slow pace, but keep up the good work! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hi Sylvie, I understand the crazy busy, mine has been that way too. I hope you work out your guest bedroom plans. I have been working on redoing my bedroom a bit but still a lot to do. You will enjoy sorting through the baby things and getting ready for the baby :)). My hands on turns 14 this month...hard to beleive. I packed a gift box for him full of presents, he is getting spoiled a bit this year. Fourteen really is reality that he is a teenager now. Time flys so enjoy the grand baby all you can ;). Surprise....you were not the only one here today, sweetie. My work is crazy and time to go now. Have a great week :). Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Obviously I have nothing to report except getting ready for this adventure and that is just tooooooooooooooooo long a story even for me to start to recite .......LOL

Glad things working out for you two and hope everything keeps going okay for you Sylvie or should we start saying "Granny" ???????? :)

Hey Sylvia, thanks! I didn't expect you to post today or this week for that matter. I still have a lot of posts to check, but I'll pop by your blog later. Hope you can sleep tonight! Travel safe and take goodcare Sylvia, talk to you soon. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

P.S.: On the "granny" front, please wait at least until this child is born! lol

Hey Kathy, it just feels nice to freshen up the house and shake out the winter rut, you know. Good luck with your own plans sweetie. I’ve kept a lot of baby stuff and just hope it suits my daughter’s taste.  Hey, you only have one grandson so he’s lucky! :D Oh I intend to cherish every moment I can, even before grandbaby is born! :D  Well thanks for dropping by Kathy, take care girl. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hi everyone, I thought I’d get  my entry done early today. I’ve been able to do a lot more reading in the past week and my pile is looking noticeably lesser, so that’s encouraging. Computer filing is still going forward and there’s been progress on the guest room. Hubby and I have been shopping for a new daybed for it, my son picked up his stuff on the weekend so we’re talking significant progress! The weather has been  unbelievably springy, so a breath of fresh air is blowing through the house finally! I hope everyone’s had a great weekend with your moms or kids and that your resolutions or goals are moving forward nicely. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hi Sylvie and thanks for posting and thanks for reminding me it is Monday because I am definitely in that land where date and day I have got to seriously think about.

Just want to say I definitely have a new resolution and it is to always remember what and who are important in your life and never miss out on the chance to tell them or show them because you have something more important to do !!! :(

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service