New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvie and happy for you that you are making progress on the bedroom finally. Weather here has turned very chilly again with thunderstorms and rain.

Sylvia, this evenings concert itself should be ending or over....hope you had a wonderful time. I am sure we will hear from you very soon now :). I like your new resolution, Sylvia.

Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Hi Sylvia, got your message and sending big warm hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada <3

Hi all, oops, we had an extra holliday for Patriots day yesterday so it threw my week out of wack. Okay well,  on my projects, more things got hung up in the guest bedroom and we got a good deal on a daybed so it'll be history soon!  Computer filing is still moving forward and I've only got 2 more issues of reading material and then I'm done! The baby stuff sorting will start today, since I had to take care of a chest my mother-in-law sent, but the forward motion is continuing so it's all good. I hope everyone's goals and resolutions are going forward too. I hope we'll find out how much Sylvia has lost on the "Bolton concert" weight loss plan next week! lol Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hi all and is this Monday, Wednesday or Friday for I ain't a clue....I am glad my laptop tells me the time and date or it could be Christmas all over again !!!!! LOL   It is wonderful to feel so out of touch and it doesn't matter one iota !!! :)

Glad all is well with you Sylvie and hope you get all baby stuff sorted....time is marching on and it will soon be "Granny Time" before you know it.

At least this morning I'm getting chance to catch up on here properly for it is a rotten morning.....started raining last night and it hasn't stopped but as this is the only "fly in the ointment" out of the last three weeks adventure I really cannot complain.  It is supposed to clear this afternoon so hopefully weathermen will have got it right and I'll be able to get out and have good old look round place and at least my little buggy is getting a good wash for she was sorely in need of but only trouble is I have lost a wheel trim somewhere on travels so that will mean new set when get home.  On my glasses adventure landed quite lucky for found a branch of opticians that I use and they had newest frame in series I had chosen and so they changed lenses over and they fitted perfectly and because I am an OAP they had a special deal on of half price for frames so I am happy with outcome of broken specs.

Away to catch up on more stuff like contacting library and renewing my books.....OMG almost forgot all about and this is last day so I'm out of here for a little while at least !!!! lol

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Everyone and here we are at another Monday and another month ......where did the last one go.....oh, of course, following MB round the UK, forgot about that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL   Definitely a new resolution has been formed and that is to save every penny possible for another MB concert anywhere in the world !!!!!!! :)

So far haven't had much chance of doing that for by time got home knew little buggy was just about falling apart  and "doctor" at garage confirmed because she needed a new bearing on one of her wheels plus new brake discs as I had managed to crack one.   Okay, knew they were getting worn but it was only as I was making my way into Southend, on last week, that started to hear a funny noise and then started praying as going along to Bournemouth that she would keep going, which of course she did and then when it came to coming home...oh boy....every time I braked to go round a corner I did so like a true learner driver;  two mph and stop and start:   I kid you not folks I was praying by the time I got home that I would make it to my front door.  I also got a stone chip on my windscreen on way home on motorway and that has just been repaired today but thank goodness did not cost anything as it comes with my insurance policy and because able to be repaired without replacing windscreen I do not even pay excess on it.....something to be thankful for I suppose !!!!!! LOL   Hopefully now she will have had so much work done on her because believe she has just about been rebuilt maybe she will do me for the next couple of years......crossing everything that it works out that way !!!!! :)

On weight loss I have lost some during time away but not terrific amount as although cut down on food intake I was having more soft drinks and ice cream because it was a little bitty warm for me at certain times in certain places and also found myself snacking a little bit more on the crisps and nuts but pleased some is off and will now keep going with it and will try and not let some of my bad habits come to the fore again and so far, during last week, I have not reintroduced them so pleased at that and believe should manage to keep them at bay.

I cannot believe a week has passed since I came home and it was a week past Saturday for last concert....OMG time is going tooooooooooo fast, please, slow it down someone, please !!!!!!! lol    Must admit now what is starting to happen is that, in some ways, the whole adventure seems like a dream and I have to keep looking at pictures to reaffirm that it really did happen......kind of a strange feeling and not too sure if one I like but will just have to go with it because nothing much else I can do and see how it develops.   Hopefully it won't be too long before I can make it all a reality again.......start praying again for that Lottery to come up........LOL    Some things truly never change !!!!!! lol

Hope everyone all okay and looking forward to a flaming June but so far in Scotland it is anything but and in fact I am getting cold and going to go and put on a jumper/pullover/sweater as soon as out of here so bye for now folks and see you next week !!!!! :)

Hey Sylvia, I was reading your post from last week, or was it the week before... :D  Anyway,OAP always reminds me of “Great expectations” and brings a smile
to my face. Glad you got your specs fixed quickly and cheaply. Heehee, that’s a great resolution to have Sylvia, I’m pretty sure the old terra-mundi is
pretty dry. Yikes, well your little buggey deserves a little pampering after all that hard work! It’s hard being good on the road with snacks, isn’t it?
If you let loose on vacation, time to get back on the wagon again... Well at least, you did lose a bit so it’s better than nothing. Well Sylvia, see if
you watch the RAH DVD if it all comes back to you, otherwise it was all a waste of money! LolOn my side, I’m happy to report that the baby clothes have
been all sorted, some my daughter is taking and others are going to good will. I just need to wash them and bundle them up. On the reading,just when I
thought I was done, I got another issue in the mail! lol computer filing is still moving forward. With everything going to good will, I know more should
be going, but not sure where to start. I’ll try and do it this month. That’s about the size of it. Good luck on keeping on the straight and narrow treat-wise
Sylvia and you should be starting to think of those darn railings now... ;D Here in QC, it was very warm today: they said 29 C plus humidity, so we might
have broken a record for the date. The neighbourhood is smelling of lilac and I’m a happy camper! Good luck to everyone else on their resolutions/goals
and see you next week. Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hi all, well it's Monday again and thought I should check in. Well I've had a wonderful visit with my sister in the past week so I haven't done much in the sorting department, but got much done in the computer filing and flushing. Other projects were put to bed so overall, I had a good week despite distractions. I hope to get back to moving out stuff this week. I hope everyone's projects/resolutions are moving forward despite the weather, good or bad. :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D 

Hi Sylvie and so glad you had a good visit with your sister and what better reason to get behind with stuff than that....always another day to get things done !!! :)   Think you might realize by that statement that that is the one I am living by right now for our weather has turned fantastic and I have been doing quite a bit of sun bathing in between watching the tennis and football so there has, literally, been no time to do anything else.   I have continued to lose weight and I am still managing to stick to the good routine I developed on that Bolton Adventure so I am pleased with that, more than pleased !!! :)   I am finding it difficult to keep up with things especially the garden for parts are becoming overgrown but tomorrow I am going along to gym first thing because it is their 2 year anniversary so it's party time along there .....snacks and everything else and you kind of feel it is going to defeat the purpose of doing a work out (LOL) but I am going and then I am coming back to get stuck into garden for as long as heat will allow me for it has to be warmer tomorrow than today and I had to keep coming in as it was just too much for me but will see how I get on.   Railings are definitely taking a back seat for it is far too warm to contemplate doing them or at least sun would stop me doing much for it is beating down practically all day where they are....no respite from it whatsoever until quite late at night so will wait for an overcast day and think about getting stuck into them ......you will notice I say, think !!!!! LOL

Hope everyone else doing okay !!! :)

Hi Sylvia, oh boy, spoken like a true procrastinator! Lol I do agree that we have to enjoy life though. As the old saying goes: all work and no play...  I’m glad nice weather has finally reached you, it was about time! So glad to hear you’re back on the wagon with the weight loss, you should be proud!   Oh I’m sure the gym party will all be fat-free/sugar-free healthy snacks, don’t worry. ;D  You know Sylvia, about those railings, I do understand how it’s probably unbareable at times, but if it doesn’t interfere with your TV watching, you might want to try doing a couple of feet in the morning, weather permitting. I’ve found for myself, that doing a bit every day with the sorting and the reading did the job. I’m going with the “Daffodil principle”. OMG, I don’t think I’ve ever posted it to this thread, although I did in the “I thought it would be nice to share...” thread. Here it is:

“The daffodil principle”

Several times my daughter had telephoned to say,

"Mother, you must come to see the daffodils before they are over."

I wanted to go, but it was a two-hour drive from Laguna to Lake Arrowhead

"I will come next Tuesday", I promised a little reluctantly on her third call.

Next Tuesday dawned cold and rainy. Still, I had promised, and reluctantly

I drove there. When I finally walked into Carolyn's house I was welcomed by

the joyful sounds of happy children. I delightedly hugged and greeted my

grandchildren. "Forget the daffodils, Carolyn! The road is invisible in these clouds and fog,

and there is nothing in the world except you and these children that I want

to see badly enough to drive another inch!"

My daughter smiled calmly and said, "We drive in this all the time, Mother."

"Well, you won't get me back on the road until it clears, and then I'm heading  for home!" I assured her.  "But first we're going to see the daffodils. It's just a few blocks," Carolyn said.

"I'll drive. I'm used to this."

"Carolyn," I said sternly, "Please turn around."

"It's all right, Mother, I promise. You will never forgive yourself if you miss this experience."

After about twenty minutes, we turned onto a small gravel road and I saw a small church. On the far side of the church, I saw a hand lettered sign with an arrow that read, "Daffodil Garden." We got out of the car, each took a child's hand, and I followed Carolyn down the path Then, as we turned a corner, I looked up and gasped. Before me lay the most glorious sight.

It looked as though someone had taken a great vat of gold and poured it over

the mountain peak and its surrounding slopes. The flowers were planted in

majestic, swirling patterns, great ribbons and swaths of deep orange, creamy

white, lemon yellow, salmon pink, and saffron and butter yellow. Each different colored variety was planted in large groups so that it swirled and flowed like its own river with its own unique hue. There were five acres of flowers.

"Who did this?" I asked Carolyn. "Just one woman," Carolyn answered. "She lives on the property. That's her home." Carolyn pointed to a well-kept A-frame house, small and modestly sitting in the midst of all that glory. We walked up to the house.

On the patio, we saw a poster. "Answers to the Questions I Know You Are Asking", was the headline. The first answer was a simple one. "50,000 bulbs," it read. The second answer was, "One at a time, by one woman. Two hands, two feet, and one brain." The third answer was, "Began in 1958."

For me, that moment was a life-changing experience. I thought of this woman whom I had never met, who, more than forty years before, had begun, one bulb at a time, to bring her vision of beauty and joy to an obscure mountaintop. Planting one bulb at a time, year after year, this unknown woman had forever changed the world in which she lived. One day at a time, she had created something of extraordinary magnificence, beauty, and inspiration. The principle her daffodil garden taught is one of the greatest principles of celebration.

That is, learning to move toward our goals and desires one step at a time--often just one baby-step at a time--and learning to love the doing, learning to use the accumulation of time. When we multiply tiny pieces of time with small increments of daily effort, we too will find we can accomplish magnificent things. We can change the world .

"It makes me sad in a way," I admitted to Carolyn. "What might I have accomplished if I had thought of a wonderful goal thirty-five or forty years ago and had worked away at it 'one bulb at a time' through all those years? Just think what I might have been able to achieve!"

My daughter summed up the message of the day in her usual direct way. "Start tomorrow," she said.

She was right. It's so pointless to think of the lost hours of yesterdays. The way to make learning a lesson of celebration instead of a cause for regret is to only ask, "How can I put this to use today?"

Use the Daffodil Principle. Stop waiting....

Until your car or home is paid off, Until you get a new car or home, Until your kids leave the house, Until you go back to school, Until you finish school, Until you clean the house, Until you organize the garage, Until you clean off your desk, Until you lose 10 lbs., Until you gain 10 lbs., Until you get married, Until you get a divorce, Until you have kids, Until the kids go to school, Until you retire, Until summer, Until spring, Until winter, Until fall, Until you die...

There is no better time than right now to be happy.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

So work like you don't need money.

Love like you've never been hurt, and, dance like no one's watching.

If you want to brighten someone's day, pass this on to someone special.  I just did!

Wishing you a beautiful, daffodil day!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFM36LIEEy0

That’s all I had to say! :D Take care Sylvia. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada <3

Thanks for that Sylvie and I believe I have read it on other thread for it certainly seemed familiar but reading again was well worth it and how, how true.....because yesterday didn't allow us to do something, no reason why today can't !!!! :)    We are in for a good spell because they are talking about it lasting through to the weekend and nothing about it breaking so tomorrow I have made up my mind I am going to get stuck into my front garden from early on for I have a shrub that needs severely cut back and another that has lasted its course to get dug up and binned and another moved into that self same place to give room for another to grow;  so that is the start for tomorrow and then will see how I feel and how heat is but if I can get that done I only have one other, sort of, major bit to do in front and then general tidy up so maybe those railings might just get worked on before the week is out....a strong possibility especially if I stop watching the last football match which because of time difference goes on till 1.30 a.m. with us so this has been trouble too because I am not getting to bed until about 2.00 or 2.30 a,m. (keeping Michael's times) so obviously not up with the lark in the morning but mind you last night it was the USA match and boy they were good, yeah, got a good team this time and especially with Jorgen Klinsmann being their coach good things could come from the USA and they play Portugal on 22nd so whenever they are on I am watching !!! :)

Went along to gym this morning and I couldn't believe it for thought with not having been for little while and not exactly walking miles each day I would feel it or at least not be able to do as much but I surprised myself so, let's put it this way, I know that I am a lot fitter than I was 2 years ago, a lot fitter and I actually walked just over 1 1/2 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill so was well pleased with that.  Only trouble was I was that darn early they didn't have the party stuff all set out and it was when I was going away they were setting tables all outside on the top patio area that they have before you go down to open air pool and along to gym and they did have a variety of stuff but I was awfully good and I took a little bowl of different kind of nuts and had them with a diet coke before I hit the road home so all in all my visit to the gym went pretty well and will definitely be paying another visit before end of week.  OMG my halo will be choking me soon !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

BTW Sylvie the video has been removed of the daffodils.

Hey Sylvia, thanks for letting me know about the video. From the presentation, you should see it on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Ncw2wKcGM

This one might have a different point of view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24DVnMUbShg

Now on your gardening, it sounds like quite an undertaking, so good luck with that. On gym, you’ve been working on motivation for a couple of years so obviously, when the weight starts coming off, it works doubly so, so I’m happy for you Sylvia. Ooh my goodness, you were good with the snacks too? Stop it, you’re gonna make me look bad! Lol Actually, I was pretty good myself today and finally hemmed a shower curtain that had been pending for a couple of weeks and even got plans for the weekend: putting together the new daybed and a shelving unit. It’s about time things get moving! :D All right Sylvia, I’m out. Have a successful week girl, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi folks and popping in here early before the day truly begins for Wimbledon starts today with Andy Murray first on and then there is still the football and there has been golf too to keep tabs on apart from sun bathing also......I need another 24 hours in the day for have got to see to garden too and once finish this am out there for a little hour or two before tennis.    Haven't been able to get it all finished yet as because it was such beautiful weather and pretty warm at times for working, especially bending, I have been doing a lot of walking and feeling the benefit of too for our little town was exceptionally busy over weekend and hearing and seeing all the kids having the time of their lives I just love to see and feel a part of and the atmosphere makes you feel as though you are on holiday too.....love it here at this time of year as well as all the rest of the year too but at this time something special !!!!!!! LOL 

Haven't started on the railings yet and got a funny feeling they are going to be a July/August job but as I say have been out walking a lot and also went to gym again and did a darn good workout there and going back tomorrow.  I upted the treadmill something chronic and nearly got 2 miles in the half hour....was actually nearly running on the darn thing.....I was starting to get frightened and wondered what on earth I was up to and had to say to myself:  "Hey, old lady, calm down and slow down !!!"   Think running is just a bit toooooooooo adventurist at my age......LOL

Hope everyone else having a super start to official summertime and hope you all have a great one !!! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service