New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone and I had a good week, for a change, because I got my new wee car on Friday and she is beautiful and going like a little beautiful dream and I love her as I get more and more used to her.  I went back on road where I had accident on first day of getting and have been back there a few times since and today actually went back to gym which was where I had just left when accident occurred and although each time I pass spot feel a little funny it is getting better but I did laugh today because I decided to try something as road was completely clear and I did an emergency stop just coming off of bend and going at 30 mph and I went straight past where I had ploughed into him because glass is still at side of road and I was well passed it and it proves even if I had been going at 20 I would still have hit him and in that instance I could have been stopped by police for dangerous driving for going far too slow apart from fact that speed limit on the bit of road I was on is 70 mph .....I don't win either way !!!!!   I have just to try and forget it and hopefully soon everything will be tidied up with it all and I can move on for on Thursday insurance assessor phoned me and I accepted his offer on car so that side of things is all moving and now all I have to get is his paper work and return to him my registration documents and then claim back my road tax and that will be it over and done with.

I am turning my car into a "Bolton only zone", which I suppose, in many ways each car has been but this one is definitely going to have added little features and I have already put my little "I Love Michael Bolton" t-shirt on little toy dog I have on parcel shelf and have discovered that, in this car, he stands up between head rests on back seats and so you can see his little t-shirt quite clearly out of back window and I think he looks cute.   Am seriously thinking about a personalized number plate and saw one "M700 BOL" and quite fancied that one but not too sure if I would have money saved up for before it would go but there will be others !!!! :)    Will keep you updated on what I get up to with new car !!!!! LOL

Think you will appreciate that not much else has happened over week but as Wimbledon has now finished and all aches and pains have disappeared as I proved back at gym for thought if anything hidden or lingering it would show up after work out and nothing did so might just get started on those railings sometime soon......miracles might just happen !!!! LOL

Hope everybody else has had a productive week and are looking forward to this one and achieving more of your aims and goals .....good luck !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, glad to hear you had a good week. Heehee, where did you see this personalized plate? How appropriate... :D I’m really glad to hear your workout went well with no residual pain. Well on my side, I was right: I couldn’t top last week efficiency-wise. As I’d mentioned last Monday, I did much of my week’s work that day. I was only able to finish up art projects, but the rest of the week’s work slowed to a crawl, because no eyes were available to help. I can put up frames, and hammer a nail, but need to know where! lolI can also get rid of stuff, but it needs to be picked up or dropped off. My son was unavailable to help with the computer, so that didn’t get done either. Can’t win them all, right? XP Well anyway, this week will be spent washing and repacking stuff and I can do that by myself, so that’ll be a start. I wish you dry weather Sylvia if you’re going to start on the railings. Just remember to set yourself realistic goals. Take care Sylvia and break a leg! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie, Qc Canada :D

Hope eventually you get all those "eyes" to help you do whatever you are still hoping to and it all works out for you Sylvie !! :)

I saw the number plate on our DVLA, Driver Vehicle Licencing Authority, site and there were plenty with M BOL but with different numbers after the M but I liked the 700 obviously because of the 7.   Will need to think long and hard about but let's say if there was a little win on the Lottery it may make the decision easier !!! LOL 

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, I'm working on the "eyes", thanks. :D Wow, seriously, how expensive are those plates that you hope to win the lottery to buy? Yeah, "7" is perfect because if I remember correctly, that was Michael's jersey number in the Bolton Bombers, after Mickey Mantle of the NY Yankees. :D Anyway, all I can say is break a leg Sylvia. Take care and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Prices can vary enormously, Sylvie, for I saw one I would dearly love and it is "MB7" at £20,000.....yeah, I will buy two  !!! LOL   The one I have looked at is bottom of the range and costs £158 but you have to add on various costs like transfer fees, tax etc and it works out in total at £238.  Unfortunately, Sylvie, after my Bolton Adventures and deposit and credit on new car any "luxury" now requires deep thought and believe that has got to be classed as a luxury and the wee list for those keeps growing, like new kitchen flooring, new shed, new TV because DVD player has died;  get where I'm coming from ?????? lol    Do you see now where that Lottery win would come in handy, to say the least ???? LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, I hear ya: noone ever told us being an adult was such work! lol Well at least you can play DVD's on your computer so that's a start... New shed? Don't they sell tents in your area?  XD But seriously, it's really disgusting how expensive that is and yes, I know the old terramundi is pretty light right now. Again, all I can say is good luck sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Not a lot to report this week that is for sure !!!   Went back to gym today and got on okay and have lost another little bit of weight so at least going in right direction, thank goodness !!! lol   Haven't had chance to do much else as our weather has been a peculiar mix of late with one day gorgeous and next thundering down with rain and as today one of the rotten ones hoping tomorrow is much, much better as the Queen's Commonwealth Baton is arriving in Largs and going to be taken on parade through the town as well as being taken across to the Isle of Cumbrae as the elm it is made from came from an elm tree there .....just a little more of the superfluous information which my brain is full of, in other words, useless information, but superfluous sounds so much better !!!! LOL   Also too was a bit distracted last week as had Jack at vet for annual booster and had noted one or two little things different with him but was putting them down to my having been away and maybe him a little bit upset or, at least, that was what I was hoping it all was but, unfortunately, not looking that way and I have to watch him carefully for any more changes and have got to take him back to vets in a few weeks for her to assess him again and she is thinking looks like thyroid problems so will have to see how we get on with all of that.

Hope everybody else faired better than me and got a lot more done than I did .... a feat which would not be difficult !!!! lol

Hey Sylvia, well a little bit is better than nothing! Oh, I hope whatever ails poor little Jack is easily manageable... Well on my side, I finally finished cleaning/washing the rest of the baby stuff, awaiting my daughter’s visit and I finalized my frames, though they’re still not up. (sigh) My hubby took a couple days off and we’ve been busy with everything but the darn things. You figure it should be simple enough. Anyway, better luck next week! :D Let’s be thankful for what got done and that’s what the next week will be about. I wish you better weather Sylvia, but keep up the good work with the gym, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi everyone and another Monday has arrived and it is a beautiful one here where I am and hope it is with all of you.   We are supposed to have glorious weather for the whole of this week so the Commonwealth Games are going to get off to a fabulous start on Wednesday and have a guess what, something else is getting off to a fabulous start for, when the sun has gone from my front garden, I am going out to start scraping my railings tonight.....yipeeeeeeeee !!!! LOL   Eventually, I am actually going to tackle them.  Have decided I have had enough of the sun for today with sitting out most of afternoon so have decided to get started and hopefully, if weather does hold, it will give me a good chance and a good run at them for I can get out early in morning before heat gets too much and as I say, at night, when sun is away from front.   I have been back at gym last week and I still intend to go this week and, and, and, I have started again with my yoga stretching exercises ....wow, where is all this energy coming from, yeah and make sure to come and see me collapse later on .....LOL

Wishing everyone a fantastic week !!! :)

Hey Sylvia,  glad to hear plans are finally under way for your railings! You’ll see, once you get started, it’ll probably bug you until you’re done and that should motivate you. Kudos on the gym and yoga too! Now, do you have an update on Jack? Just wondering. Well on my side, my darn frames are finally up and we found a duvet cover set for the guest room, so that’s 2 things off the list. My daughter’s baby stuff is all organized, awaiting her pick-up. I’ve filed quite a bit off the computer and padding myself on the back too. :D  Now this week will be spent searching for a missing set-up piece in the crawl-space again and next week, I’m projecting the kitchen cupboard clean-up. That‘s about the size of it. Good luck on fair weather Sylvia and to anyone else with projects or resolutions. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Great those frames are up Sylvie and guest room complete (??)....hope I am right in thinking that !!! :)  Glad too all baby things sorted out and BTW when is baby due for can't be that long now till we start saying "Granny"....LOL   It is a thought when it comes to cleaning the kitchen cupboards and I must say I am glad I did that earlier in year and believe it, or not, I haven't even started to muck them up yet for everything is in its place and it has stayed that way and that is just about a miracle for me !!! :)

On railings I did start last night and have half of one section scraped and very shortly am going out to do other half and then I will prime that section and I am delighted, for it is the longest piece of railing I have......by next Monday they might all be done....hoooooooray !!!! LOL Think if that is the case I will be on here before then to report for I will be so thrilled I won't be able to keep quiet !!! lol

Hey Sylvia, well technically, the guest room is functionally done, although there  are2 little items bugging me. There was a malfunction with the hooks supporting a wallhanging and it damaged the wall, so I need to rethink it. Also, I wish I could find a proper support for the lamp, which I have about 6 square inches to work with! Lol The frames went in my she-cave, the guest bedroom ones were up a month ago. My grandbaby is due in about 5 weeks and I feel sorry for poor Olivia dealing with 31 C degree weather, but she’s working less at least. Wow Sylvia, you mean business once you get started, good for you! Take advantage of the good weather but don’t kill yourself now... :D  I’ll look forward to your progress report. Take care girl and have a good one. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service