New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hope all your bits and pieces still to get done Sylvie do work out for you, eventually !!! :)   Thought grandbaby would be getting "more" into the picture now and wow only 5 weeks and that sure shows you how time marches on and do you know yet, if a girl, or boy, or is it a surprise....the way it used to be that old fashioned way ???!!! lol

As for progress report I sure have one for, Monday, Tuesday got a lot of scraping done but knew amount and time taking would have to devote more too and so Wednesday it was nearly all day spent doing until I had it finished and I was just about flat on my back but thank goodness got it done and got my garden watered just before Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony started......talk about timing being everything !!! LOL   Don't know if you have seen any of it but we have sweltering weather too and in fact today has to be warmer with it reaching a possible 28 here but it has definitely, in parts, been warmer for my little barometer in garden has gone way over 30 for yesterday it went to 33 and it sits in the shade until night.  Yesterday, got all the primer on and my back is black and to give you a laugh because it sure gave me one......Jim, a neighbour, has called over during past few days whilst I've been working when he has been going out or working in his garden and a few other neighbours and passers-bye have too but last night he came over because I did just about a 12 hour shift, plenty of wee breaks in between though, but he said to me that him and his wife, Marion, had been talking about what I was doing and the hours I was putting in and he said they had both agreed that I have, "some work ethic" and oh boy, when he used those words, in my head I was saying, I wish you were Michael saying that to me Jim ....LOL    Today, I am having a break and I am going to sit in sun and enjoy once I have done some shopping, gone to library and cut grass.....never stops, does it ??? LOL  At least over Saturday and Sunday should get job finished with paint all on for weather forecast is for possibility of odd shower but plenty of sun and then those railings will be finished.....yipeeeeeeee !!! LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, I’m working on the bits and pieces as we speak. Man, you ain’t kidding about time marching on: with a baby, it ain’t maybe! Well, you know how ultrasounds work: they’re right about half the time... :D  Seriously, now they have 3-D ultrasounds and according to my daughter, they could tell at the last one that baby has dadd’s noze. I’m thinking: what’s left to be surprised about? It’s kind of like X-Raying your Xmas present... XP I’m really glad you got so much done Sylvia. I know it’s a lot of work but I’m sure very rewarding: hurray for that work ethic! :D  The weather is yo-yoing, but mostly keeping in the upper 20’s and I’m loving it. Oh I know a woman’s work is never done and if by miracle, it is, we find something else that needs doing. :D All right, have a great  weekend Sylvia, talk to you Monday, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

A wee tad late in coming in here this week.....nearly forgot all about if truth be told !!!! LOL   Think we have had one, or two, other things on minds than  this thread for this week and possibility coming in on Wednesday, isn't too bad after all !!! lol

I never got railings painted, they are still sitting with just grey primer on and somehow doesn't look as though will get done this week at all for at weekend weather forecast was completely wrong as there was more rain than sun and that is the way this week has gone so far apart from on Saturday there was the Flotilla 2014 which set off from Greenock and went up river to Glasgow to celebrate the Games and there was 250 boats took part and was I glad I went along to Greenock to see it all....YES, I was more than pleased and more than pleased at the vantage point I decided to go to as well.  Never been anything seen like it in the city and they all tied up at special pontoons that had been put into the river at the quayside and stayed till Monday and it was such a huge success that Glasgow City Council is seriously looking at the possibility of creating a marina in the heart of the city    Yesterday was a little better but I decided to take myself off to Glasgow to get the atmosphere from the Commonwealth Games and I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was so glad I had gone, so much so, I am seriously thinking in heading back up on Friday for another little bucket load before it ends.  Didn't appreciate how easy it was to hop on the bus from here and arrive smack bang in the middle of it all which gave me opportunity to get down by the waterfront, where quite a lot takes place but which is the part of the city where I started work and spent 21 years doing so, so a trip down memory lane was well on the cards as well a good walk right along the waterfront and crossing over one of our newer bridges to other side and seeing the regeneration and total transformation that has gone on there as well as on other side too for, without doubt, if a couple of structures had not been kept as symbols to the dock industry which thrived all along that part of the waterfront I wouldn't have known where I was and I kid you not !!! LOL   Also too it was lovely, sun was shining, when I decided to stop walking and get some lunch and I treated myself when it hadn't cost me anything to get there and had lunch on an old ferry that has been transformed into a café/restaurant/bar with a lovely open deck area on the river.  Must admit it did feel funny using my bus pass for the first time but after having done so I will not be shy about hopping on a bus in the future !!! lol    Tomorrow I am heading to gym and haven't been there since week before because weather was far too warm apart from fact that those railings took up a fair amount of time to get to the stage there at so extra time was not available so heading there early tomorrow morning and then grocery shopping and depending what weather like, might just get that paint pot opened.....ever hopeful  !!! :)

Hope everybody is having a great week !!! :)

Hey Sylvia, yikes, yep, a bit late... Yeah, we’ve had a thing or 2 on our minds... :D Well first, as far as I’m concerned, you got the old paint scraped off and you got the primer on, so, as the song goes: 2 out of 3 ain’t bad!  Funny how weather-wise, we’ve had the opposite: forecasted rain but not as much as expected.  Sylvia, sounds like you’ve decided to enjoy life instead of working: who could argue with that mentality? :D  This summer’s activities aren’t things that happen every day and you did get some walking in at least.  Thanks for sharing about all the buzz and atmosphere of your area. I must say you at least paint pretty pictures... ;D Dumb question but don’t they have air conditioning at the gym when it’s too warm out? I know, I know, it’s not motivating... Well anyway, on my side, I can finally proclaim my guest bedroom done! I shuffled a few things and found a decorative way to fix my mishap, so I don’t have to think about it any more. However, since my granddaughter decided to arrive early, my daughter didn’t have time to sort through the baby items and though some are packed up and ready to go, not sure how the rest stands as of now. The cupboards haven’t been touched because I feel like I’ve lived 2 lifetimes since Sunday. Aside from the phone calls, messages and preps, along with the usual housework, I’ve been concentrating on a couple of special projects for my granddaughter that I want to finish A.S.A.P., so we’ll see. So unless I get a lovely visit, I should get started on the cupboards next week. That’s it for now. Take care Sylvia and break a leg on gym and railings. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi ladies....I am soooo behind...but did I read you right Sylvie??? You have a new grand daughter??? Oh my CONGRATS!! I guess little girls are on the menu as Cameron also had her baby girl :) 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, thanks for reminding me I hadn’t posted yesterday! :D I’ve just sent you a PM and of course, you know by now that you read right. :D  I’ll “see” my granddaughter again this weekend, if we can synchronize her uncles. Okay so, on to my weekly report. Since I did get a wonderful visit, I’m happy to report a good load of things is off to better use and  another load will be off to good will on the weekend. My daughter had to borrow a storage unit, so I have to move my art supplies to their new home and repack the things she’ll pick up on the next trip. My son-in-law was very grateful for the supplies, but little does he know there’s plenty more where that came from! My eldest daughter calls me an emotional packrat, but I’m working hard on letting go of at least some things and it is a relief. I hope to start on those cupboards shortly, but at least, things are moving out and I can see the floor now! XD I hope everybody’s week with projects and resolutions is moving forward, even if it’s at a turtle’s pace. :D Have fun catching up Kathy and to everyone a good week. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi there and hi Kathy and have a guess when Safya was born..... 27th !!! lol    OMG that number will not go away !!! lol

Well, hope Grandma doesn't wear herself out with all the cuddling and hugging that will be going on although I hope you don't miss out on any cuddles or hugs either !!! :)  

Things with me were great last week for I had a whale of time.....didn't get a darn thing done but as you know went to Glasgow for Commonwealth Games and in fact went back on Friday and it was magic and am so, so glad I went up and soaked up that atmosphere for it was electric as well as travelling on the bus and in doing that I achieved a resolution for I have wanted to use that pass since I got it three year's ago but have always managed to stop myself because I truly believe I have been in denial that I really am an OAP so I am delighted I have eventually COME OUT to be counted !!! lol.  I did manage to go to the gym so it was basically exercise all week for in between I did some of my garden too  and tomorrow I am back to gym as weather has to be horrible and then, and then, hopefully, on Thursday it has to be a good day so, so the paint pot is getting opened and those railings are going to be brand new !!!! lol    I have also got to get my head stuck in the ancestry site which I have been doing a little of lately for it is only 10 days and I will be meeting my "new" relative and she is starting to buzz about coming on her holiday and I can't wait to meet her and apart from meeting her for first time, she is bringing photos with her so I will see my Great Uncle for the first time too.   Believe I don't have to say because you all know me I will let you know how it all goes !!! :)

Talking about checking on ancestry site I'm away there right now so bye bye folks and have a great week !!! :)

Hey Sylvia, well I shouldn’t wear myself out: I’ve been saving all those cuddles since Xmas, so they’re itching to get out! XD  Sylvia, I think it’s funny that you’ve been reticent using that pass, because my husband flashes his card like a diploma! Lol Anything for a discount, right? :D Glad you kept up with the gym and that you had nice enough weather to take care of your garden. Enjoy your detective work and have a nice time with your new relative when she gets there Sylvia. Break a leg with the railings, take care and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada   :D

Hi Sylvia...not only 27 but also 7/27 :) Way to go Safya!!! 

I am glad you are using that great bus system you have. We always passed the bus going along the coast and what a beautiful ride to Greenock :) Gosh I remember all those lovely towns so fondly! Glad you had a great time at the festival of games....loved all the updates.

I also have to get back to the ancestry site as Bob so fondly reminds me about what exactly is the $34.99 a month doing foe me...lol I get so involved with ALL the tons of info my cousin in Canada constantly posts about the history of Scotland! She has a fabulous Celtic Web Page in which she documents every iota of ancestry work she has discovered and it is endless!! Do have a super visit with your cousin I presume? I can personally tell you it is a wonderful feeling :))))) My cousins shared sooo much with me and sent me home with photos also. I need to regroup and get organized to start writing with them now and continue this new relationship. Can't wait to hear about your adventure with your visitor :)

Sending encouragement for your gym trips also :)

See ya..

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Sylvie...it is nice to at least be visiting with everyone once again! I won't ever catch up so I shall move forward. That was my goal....to reconnect here with all you BB's!! So happy you found a new home for some of your "collection" ;) We all have our little collections :) 

Sylvia you are a 1 woman home decor machine!! Your sweet home is so cozy and I can "see" everything you describe :) Great memories visiting with you!!

Ok....I hope to start walking once again! I need to get over this dang cold first....a little excuse for now. Honestly...my favorite walking path has been BLOCKED by an irritating neighbor!!! This neighbor rents out their horse stalls and the damn horse owner piles the horse manure OVER their back fence and BLOCKS my path :/ At first she wasn't even removing the manure and then one day she saw me and apologized for the flies. I informed her that the former horse owners had their manure collected by the trash company as the rest of the neighborhood does. Fell on deaf ears apparently. It is maddening because she is only renting and doesn't live here!! She visits her horses a couple of times a week! OK.....enough complaining!! LOL......for now ;)

I will be sure to let you know when I actually start...lol I will have to begin my walk on a busy highway or drive to the beginning point of my walk to avoid walking along the traffic corridor. Big decisions :)

Happy week to you all!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, well glad to have you back girl! :D Sorry to hear you have a cold, are you sure it’s not allergies? Okay, we’ll give you a break this week, but you should be better next week, so back on the trail missy! XD I’m glad you took the decision to start again.  Oh my, what an inconsiderate neighbour! If this pile is blocking a path, can the city give her a fine for  that? Just wondering. Good for you if you don’t mind walking in a busy area Kathy. Since I moved here, in a small maze of streets with no sidewalks and mature trees, I don’t wanna go back there…  Best of luck Kathy and take care of that cold. Have a great week too! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Sylvie.....the road is the only road out here so it is busy. It is only 2 lanes and we have fought tooth and nail to keep it that way. The surrounding cities want to make it a 4 lane road because all their residents have to drive through our precious valley to get to their cookie cutter neighborhoods. Can't do anything about the dang blockage because it is on the very far back of their property. We are on 1 1/2 acres that backs up to an ancient wash/river so technically we can block off all access if one wishes. we are surrounded by horse trails but the properties on our street have no public horse trails. But one would think being horse owners they would be a bit more considerate. Oh well......maybe down the road someone else can take that cause up...lol

I have stopped coughing finally! I do have allergies and the darn post nasal drip but this time I did run a low grade fever. You know it is bad when your hubby says....it is so good to see you feeling better! So funny that when the mom of the house comes to a halt so does the "home" ;) I rarely am out for 2 days in a row. Anyway....feeling much better...thanks.

Any new "coo" news from baby Safya???? Awwww....I still think of the photo of the 3 of you :))) 

Trying to keep my convictions of reading the latest forum news.....so talk soon....adios :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service