New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kathy, going to Vegas, why didn’t I think of that? Lol I want to do my weekly report tomorrow, so I’ll just reply to your message. Heehee, well I may be too organized, but my problem, as I’ve mentioned too many times before, is that I’m an emotional packrat and trying to remedy that. I have a pretty decent size crawl-space and 3/8 of it is filled with my kids’ belongings, pending moving. There’s another 2/8 of it of baby/kids stuff, so only about 3/8 is actual storage space for our things. I want to get sensible and give away things other people can use. I am keeping some toys for when the grandkids will be visiting, but trying to downsize. Aside from that, recycling is my life: I donate a lot and often buy at thrift stores too. Besides, being organized is a major plus when you’re blind, I’ll tell you! :D Keep up with your goal Kathy: you’re very entertaining! XD Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi everyone, well I'm here with my weekly report and proud to announce that my kitchen cupboards are done! Thank God we don't do them every week! :D I was happy to realize there wasn't too much clutter, though did get rid of a few things and rearranged other items comfortably. I'll only need to clean the food cupboard this weekand chill some: I think I can do it! lol Now I'm not used to parties like Kathy R, so next week I start nit-picking at my house in preparation of my guests in October. I can't wait to hear about Sylvia's weekend with relatives now and sure she'll have many stories. I hope everyone's goals/resolutions are going well. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D 

Hi Sylvie and glad to hear things going okay with you !!! :)  I am going over to Miscellany thread now as not a lot happened with my relatives as I won a competition to somewhere I've never been before and will explain over by !!!!! LOL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, well I knew you'd come back with stories! :D I just hope you're feeling reasonably well and that you'll listen to the doctor. I know it's probably a dumb question, but do you think this could have been brought on by stress of preparation for your relatives? I know nothing, that's why I ask. Anyway, hope you're well on your way to full recovery, take care and take it easy. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hey Sylvie....so happy to entertain you!! lol Because you exhaust me with all your organizing!! But as you say it is a necessity for you while I just 
move my pile around and certain places then look nice!! Each spot gets their turn...LOL I am an emotional packrat and from years of teaching I became a "can use some day for something" packrat which is inclusive all categories of packrats!!! And so there you have it....guess it is time for another mini trip....lol  The stress of organizing is paralyzing me!!!! :0

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, good thing you haven’t been to my house in the past week because you’d be tearing your hair out! Lol I’m with you about the saving stuff that can be used someday, especially materials for my art projects, but you do have to draw the line somewhere. You know Kathy, the “1 pile at a time” method is a start: have small goals so you don’t get discouraged and take weekly breathers if you have to. When I get overwhelmed, I stop and listen to a fun movie: it works for me. :D I wish you luck if you do decide to start sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Definitely not a lot for last week for only song I played was "getting back on my feet again" which I have done although not quite with back to the gym, or anything like that, although have been tidying up garden quite a bit so that has given me a little exercise.  

On Saturday Jack got his bloods done again and I got results in afternoon and his levels are back to normal.....yipeee !!! :)   His heart rate is still quite high but he has put on a little bit of weight so all looking good and he hasn't to go back for another 3 months.   So far he still hasn't sussed out those pills in his food .....praying it will continue for ever !!!! LOL.

Not to tempt fate but on Thursday will be meeting up with my relative from Canada, Sheila and her husband for they are back in this neck of the woods for two days before heading off to Edinburgh so hopefully, everything crossed, things will go okay this time !!!!!! lol.  Will report next week !!!

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, not much to report here either. Well, I had resolved to chill some and I did! :D  More things finally left the house and got quite a bit off the computer, but the food cupboard hasn't been touched yet. If I can just do it this week, I'll be pleased with myself.  I did finish my latest long art project and moving on to regular hemming and mending. I'll figure out next week what to tackle next. I'm really glad you did stay active Sylvia and thanks for the encouraging report on Jack: good for him.  Have a great week, enjoy your relatives and take it easy. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Oh thank goodness you are chillin' Sylvie!! You had me worried...now I can move my pile around less. I was trying to impress you...LOL 

Sylvia that is GREAT news about Jack!! :)))

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

OMG you've been walking about on this thread plenty....you will be exhausted, especially in the heat !!!! lol  Thanks about Jack and all is still going well for big, big improvement in him and the pills still aren't sussed out.....lol

Hi folks and here we are into another month.....oh boy !!!! lol   September already, autumn/fall and winter just round the corner and only blessing is that if next few months go as quickly as the last few have it won't be long till we are all looking forward to spring......now.....I wonder if that is truly the outlook of an optimist.....LOL    Okay, okay, you don't all have to point out at once that the word "idiot" might come in there somewhere too !!!! lol

As for things achieved and goals reached I feel a few of mine have certainly been over last week for with meeting up with my "new" relative and in visiting places where our Grandparents had connections with I found out quite a few other things very relevant to my maternal Grandfather and so on my ancestry search quite a lot achieved.   Just to add we all had a terrific time and got on so well that we all agreed it was as though we had known each other for ever.

Hope everything has gone well with everyone else and that you all feel your week has been as productive as mine was and it has certainly given me more things I have to dig into which, for sure, will keep me well out of mischief !!!! LOL

Oh, Sylvia, you speak to me from the soul! Please come back, spring and summer !!!

I think I'm also an optimist or an idiot?

Here, in franconia, rain and 14°. Puuhh!!!

Petra (Germany)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service