New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do not want to make you sick Petra but our weather hasn't been too bad this last week but from tomorrow, for quite a few days, we have to get summer back......temperature has to go up to 21 and sun shine wall to wall so, after last few days of jumping about everywhere, I am going to sun bathe with a good book and plenty of water to drink and do nothing else all day ......can't wait !!!! lol    Oh, where is the sun screen......spray, spray, spray !!!! lol

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend

Hi Petra, oh my, I'm sure the weather is bound to pick up and this is just momentary. We've had 14 C at night a few times in the past couple of weeks. I guess I won't mention we're supposed to get twice as many degrees as you have tomorrow...XD Don't despair Petra! lol Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Sylvia, woe there! Summer isn’t over yet, not till the 21st! Girl, don’t you know that cold seasons are twice as long as warm ones? It’s a known fact! Lol  I’m glad to hear you’ve had such a nice visit with your relatives, finally. I hope you’re keeping track of all this information somewhere on paper. Hmm, keeping you out of mischief? I don’t know... ;D Well on my side, the food cupboard got finally cleaned, but labels need to be updated and as long as that got done, the kitchen is even being repainted this week. It was overdue and we got lucky to get unexpensive labor. So while that’s getting done, I’ll keep busy in other parts of the house that aren’t cluttered with kitchen stuff. One thing I was glad to scratch off my list is getting a new dress for my daughter’s wedding. I’ll play it by ear for the windows in the next couple of weeks. Guess that’s it for now. Break a leg with your newly found ancestry trails Sylvia, but remember to stay active not to gain back what you’ve lost. :D Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Glad everything working out for you Sylvie and especially too getting kitchen decorated but I don't half know what it is like to have "kitchen" spread throughout every other room in the house for I well remember when getting wall taken down for kettle was here and cups were there and somewhere in between was everything else ......LOL   Glad you are just about all set for that wedding Sylvie and when exactly do the happy couple tie the knot ???

On my boasting about our weather have a guess what, weatherman got it wrong again !!!!   It is warm but it is overcast and quite heavily so although doesn't look like rain it certainly doesn't look either as though sun is going to shine......sun screen away in bathroom cabinet again !!!!! LOL.  Hope you have got the sun we were supposed to get Petra and you are making most of it.....hope so !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia....well I met my goal and tha was to get back here before September ended!!! LOL Productive week? You betcha...I produced nothing!!! Again I have accomplished my goal. Ladies I am that little voice on your OTHER shoulder that whispers....do you really want to do that? LOL I am trying to cover up my absolute laziness with humor. Oh wait....we had 100 degree weather and of course it is unhealthy to be active in the heat!! Why I might faint or break a sweat!!! Thanks for all your empathy...such great friends!! I love your support :)

Don't work too hard ladies!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

In a 100 degree heat who could blame you for doing nothing, think it is super that your sense of humour hasn't gone and thanks for sharing with us especially about fact that that voice I keep hearing is actually you.....thanks for telling me because I was really getting scared in case it was a wee ghostie !!!!! LOL

Hey Kathy, well glad to know you've achieved your goal! lol BTW, sorry to disappoint you, but been whistling while I work so haven't heard the little voice... ;D I've actually been working my tail off this past week and will have the reward of seeing my granddaughter tomorrow, so I will take a break. :D Speaking of break, hope you get one from the heat sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Sylvia, the wedding is in early October, in the middle of  the rollercoaster ride of my daughter’s visit. :D She has lists, plans, appointments etc and hope she has down time scheduled! Lol As for the weather, with all the technology and equipment, 14 day forecasts etc, you’d think they knew something... I say: poke your nose out in the morning, listen to the radio at least for hot or cold and you’re pretty much set. Everyone have a nice day! Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

.  As per with last few weeks not a lot happening with me for we have had our Viking Festival all last week and as weather was pretty good I have been going down to prom and enjoying all of it and must say on Saturday enjoyed even more for one of my cousins, I haven't seen in a good long while, came to visit with me and we went down to prom, had ice creams and went for coffees and had them al fresco as we watched the world go by and then home for dinner and neither of us stopped talking all day with all the catching up and all the fun we were having too....it was great !!! :)   This week our weather hasn't to be too bad again so think I will seriously start tidying up outside in preparation for the winter but have also to get onto ancestry site to start sending different information to all different relatives who I have been in touch with following Sheila's visit and whole thing has gone "family wide" and of course have plenty of scanning to do of old pictures and the sending out of those too....going to be kind of busy !!! lol

Just as a complete aside and little bit of personal stuff which may make you sit back and think for it sure has me.  Many years ago, going on at least 20 now, I used to go to a spiritualist occasionally and once she asked me about a Martha and I ended up saying didn't know either, name not in family, or friends, or acquaintances but she said to me to remember what she had said in that, if a Martha ever turned up, to remember, as she was a guardian angel.  When I really got into ancestry site an Alexander and Martha kept coming up in hints etc. that the site sends to you and it appeared they were siblings of my Grandfather but both had died in infancy.  Sheila was getting these two coming up with her as well and she sent for birth certificates and when she got home they were waiting for her and without doubt they were my Grandfather's siblings....I believe I have found MY Martha and although I am not a great believer in the religious meaning of Guardian Angels I do so hope she is with me.  Hope too you don't mind my sharing with you ??? 

Hey Sylvia, well as far as projects go, I think the only one you had was  keeping up with the ancestry site, but sounds like you’ll be getting to business this week so that’s good. Gladyou had a nice time with your cousin, which did get you to move a little. About your Martha connection, some people say there are no coincidences and I do think it’s nice to believe you have a gardian  angel, if you don’t stake your life on it. I know a couple of people who are firm believers in it. Well on my side, my kitchen is back to normal: all surfaces clean and everything back in place, so I’m taking care of minute details on the “to do” list. I did all my hemming in one week and taking a break by tending to my thrift store babies. :DThe weather is kind of iffy, so I may spread the windows over on to next week. This week, I want to continue my tidying trend, then get into serious dusting because my daughter will be here before I know it. Guess that’s about it for now. Break a leg on getting started on both projects Sylvia and do hope you can still enjoy the bit of summer we have left. I hope everyone else having projects/ resolutions are inching along, so you can say you’ve come along on your personal journeys, when it’s  time to take stock. Take care Sylvia and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Very cool Sylvia :))  My guardian angel isn't religious or if she/he is...they have got the wrong person!! lol I definitely believe there are no coincidences and the best test it to go with your "gut" as they say!! It is usually correct :)) I don't mind you sharing this story at all. There is something spiritual about looking up and FINDING family members!! It is where we have come from and where we are going. And all 3 of us here have Canadian connections!! Now that alone is cool :)) Ok...I will let you ladies get back to work...LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Thanks Kathy and our weather is still so beautiful that all I am doing is working in garden, sun bathing and popping in and out of here....unfortunately, no time for ancestry.com so nothing new on Martha, or anybody, as of yet !!! LOL

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service