New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Getting in just in time for it is still Monday here.....just !!!! LOL   Although have to say nothing to report for all I have done all week is work in my garden because our weather has been great.   I have done so much that I have a refuse bin full of garden waste sitting at front door to be emptied tomorrow and then I have further bags lying at back to empty into empty bin and believe it will be half full, at least, again before I even do any more work and I have still got plenty planned as I am changing the beds in the front completely for only the larger shrubs are getting left but everywhere round about them is getting, or been, cleared out and next year I am going to plant stacks of annuals so that my little garden is nothing but full of colour.....OMG I can't wait for next spring and already I have a resolution made for 2015 and that is to have the most colourful garden in our street !!! lol  

That is it folks and although doesn't sound much it has been quite back breaking work, in parts, for little trowel was useless and had to employ the fork and spade and get stuck in there digging away.   Good weather has to continue, although today was a little blip, but I went and got masonry paint as I need to paint inside of wall where I have removed plants which now leaves wall exposed and boy, it is grotty and definitely needs a coat so that is first on agenda for tomorrow.

Hope everyone else has managed to do whatever they wanted to and hope too that your weather has been as kind to you as ours has.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, well luckily, it’s still Monday here too! Lol Tidying up the garden was one of your projects, so you did good, no worries. Lucky you having good weather and please send it this way, after you’re done with it... :D Phew, sounds like a job and a half! I know I’ve said it before Sylvia, but I admire how much care you put in your garden. So you see, even if you didn’t go to the gym, you sure got a good workout, so that counts! Well on my side, I’ve been scratching off minute things off the “to do” list and did get some things off the computer, I also got started on the deep dusting and wondering when the windows will get done. It was 9 degrees C this morning and cloudy, so not much hope of getting better. I hope it warms up so I can clean one floor’s windows at once, otherwise I’ll spread it out more. As I’ve said Sylvia: send the good weather once you’re done with it. :D Take care sweetie and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Just to say not done with the good weather yet and today was a summer's day.....absolutely beautiful and I could only work in it for short periods and in fact in trying to pull out last small shrub I want rid off darn thing wouldn't budge and eventually managed to get into root system and got the arms all clear to see a main root going right down from the centre and it is as thick as the blasted stem above and started trying to cut it and suddenly the little plant started to go round in circles as did the garden so I stood up slowly and hung onto my bedroom window ledge until the earth stopped spinning and then I packed everything away and decided to do some sun bathing......what an excuse and I can't half come up with them to stop working, can't I ??????  LOL   Tomorrow has to be beautiful as well so after the independent referendum vote cast will get stuck back in again and I will take it easy but it is because I am nearly finished that just want to get it done.  BTW garden refuse bin emptied on Monday morning by Monday night it was full again and I have had to buy heavy garden refuse sacks to hold it all until I get bin emptied next Monday and thank goodness I have a small path where I keep my bins so I am able to pile the bags up there so that they are out the road.  So, sorry Sylvie, but we're still holding onto this weather for forecast up to Sunday says it is staying !!! :)

Hi Sylvia, yeah, I'm painfully aware! I hope I heard wrong, but I heard we'd have a high of 10 C either tomorrow or Friday... XP I also heard we'd have a half and half weekend, but I hope to be able to wash my windows before it gets too cold. In any case, enjoy! Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Good work Sylvia....you listened to "my" shoulder this time!! I sent you "a twirling" because your weed bins are FULLER than mine!! Break time!! lol On a serious note...boring...Isn't it a great feeling to fill them up?? Geez I have memories from weeks ago since I last did that ;)  We are finally below 100 degrees over here!! It is in the low 80's now and I could very well...quite possibly....work in my garden this evening :))  In fact...I ALMOST worked n my yard early this morning but wouldn't you know it.....I had to go pick up Ryan at the airport!!! When we returned it was too hot and muggy!!

Sylvie....can you still see through your windows? If so....they are good to go for another year!! LOL 

Take care ladies!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, OMG no, I can't see through my windows, I have to wash them, every day for that matter! lol They'll probably get done during the Indian summer, they often do... Take care Kathy. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada XD

Talking about Indian summer you might just be going to get it Sylvie for our weather has to start changing tomorrow with rain and unsettled conditions coming in for rest of week......boohoo !!! :(  Och well, Ancestry site here we come !!!! LOL

Hi Sylvie...lol....I did mean if your family could still see through the windows ;) Thought I would just clear that up :))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

It's Monday again so I am coming back in nice and early and all I have got to add is that over week I have managed to accumulate one garden refuse bin full to the brim and ten garden refuse sacks full and a few of those I can't even close so hoping it doesn't rain before tomorrow morning when bin emptied and I then can empty them into bin...LOL  To cap it all I haven't started cutting back all my shrubs which I have to do before winter for as you know I have cleared out beds in front and at back what I got done, over weekend, was thinning out all my bulb plants which I believe one could say I have decimated by removing about three quarters of them.....getting so crowded they weren't able to flower properly and ended up with one or two flowers in amongst hundreds of leaves.  I am glad I have done for I have three sedum plants in back and they have spread rather beautifully but because of all the leaves falling over them you couldn't see them properly but now they are standing proud and look beautiful for they are a plant that just comes into its own at this time of year.  Just to prove how stupid I really am have just gone out and taken picture of one of the sedum plants and also to prove I ain't lying about rubbish have also taken picture of all my black bags on my patio leading off in distance to where you can see path with other bags and refuse bin. 

Sylvie the sedum is large heads of all little tiny flowers that open and they don't form a particular shape for on the one stem you may get only one head or two or three so they end up looking like different shapes and different sizes of flowers, almost like a cauliflower shape, but their leaves and stems, which are like rubber, are a pale, pale green and the flowers themselves are almost a burgundy/cerise colour and the bees love them !!! lol

Well that is my report for this Monday morning and as it is a nice day here, a little bit of cloud about but too high for anything and plenty of bits of blue in between I am taking myself off to the garden centre.....OMG, it is gardens, gardens and gardens with me maybe I should put a tent up and live in it !!! LOL.....to get bird food and some sort of little plant to start my winter hanging basket off so that it is lovely and full before I hang out and have got plenty of ivy plants that I will trail down it but need something for the centre and maybe one of the purple cauliflowers would look nice....long time since I have used one of them in a winter basket but that is an idea !!!   Actually my summer basket, with all the beautiful weather we have had, has taken a new lease of life and it is still fantastic, have a red begonia in centre of it and it is still producing huge flowers and all the petunias hanging down are still gorgeous and think it is going to take the first frost to stop it.

As this little report is turning into a tome (nothing surprising there) I'm finally going.....hey Kathy, does this remind you of something, a particular night in Glasgow perchance and OMG I still laugh at that one.....me gibbering on, Michael's eyes glazing over and you saying; "shift your butt lady!!!" or words to that effect.....OMG wasn't that a laugh, or an embarrassment, yeah, can't take me anywhere !!!!! LOL

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!! LOL

Hey Sylvia, ever thought of applying to be a caretaker of the botanical gardens by yourself? XD  Now I know nothing about gardening, but if you haven’t started cutting back, where does all the rubbish come from? The only time I remember having this much garbage was when we had a dying tree removed. I don’t know, “thinning out” and “cutting back” sound the same to me, pardon my ignorance. In any case, thanks as always for your garden description and filling my brain with beautiful pictures. :D I didn’t know some plants/flowers started growing in the fall. It all sounds gorgeous Sylvia! Well on my side, the thorough dusting  is going very well and I’m taking advantage of the opportunity to finally store away some things and just being proud of all I’ve accomplished. My sister said she’d go mad having to dust my place, but since I love my little collections, I enjoy taking care. Keep you posted on the windows. I have no plans for the next 3 weeks, so I’ll enjoy hearing of anyone’s projects when I can. Everyone with a project/resolution, have a great week and keep on keeping on! Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

LOL at you saying about a botanical gardens and yes, would have loved a job like that ....anything to do with plants and earth and I'm one happy wee bunny !!! lol

Where all the rubbish has come from is because in the front I actually dug out all bulbs but those bulbs were in the process of flowering so they each had leaves that were approx. 2 feet long and in the back that was what I thinned out because I didn't dig them all out but started them off so that I could pull them out but where the leaves just broke away from the bulbs I left the bulbs.  I had at least 150 in front and about 200 in back that I pulled out and if you add in a lot of weeds, a honeysuckle plant and a couple of other plants I was fed up with it soon fills a bin and ten bags.  Got bin emptied today and promptly refilled it and it only took 3 of the bags and even then I was pushing the stuff down to get lid closed properly.   Think going to be a few weeks before I get rid of everything unless I put in car and take up to refuse site myself...seriously thinking about it !!!

The sedum didn't just start growing just now for it starts afresh late Spring but it is now before the flowers really come into bloom....I love it and as they are opening more and more the colour is getting deeper and deeper.

Glad things going okay with you and you know how I feel about dust for just hate to disturb those dust mites and spoil all their fun !!!! LOL

Hi again Sylvia, wow, seriously, taking care of your garden seems to be as time-consuming as dusting my doll collection: they’re not in enclosed cabinets, but very well taken care of. Good Lord, that’s a lot of vegetation...  Dumb question, but don’t they have composting facilities in your area? When the time comes to rake the leaves, we can either use the huge paper bags the city gives us, or special transparent bags so they know it’s  garden debris. It’s most likely  so  they know where to dispose of it. Oh dear, following your philosophy, I guess I’m a dustmite party-pooper! Lol This time of year, allergies are pretty bad if you let the dusting go, In any case, enjoy your gardening Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service