New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Sylvie we do have composting in our area, not in the whole of Scotland yet but getting there, and that is how and why I have a garden refuse bin but that is what I am keeping on filling because that now is all the Council will take your garden refuse away from.  If you have cut down a tree and got into small enough pieces and you string it all together and lay out they will take those as well but not black bags etc. everything has to be placed in the recyclable/composting garden refuse bin.  We now also put out our food waste products into that for composting and we have a separate bin for paper, plastic, tins, glass etc with another for stuff that is not recyclable ....it's a job on its own deciding which bin to put things into !!!! LOL 

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Kathy, I knew that sweetams, I was just pulling your leg... ;D It's supposed to get much warmer and sunnier this week, but my daughter will be here on Thursday so we'll see.  Take care Kathy and have a great week. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Just making it again before Monday disappears but once again nothing really to report for too much golf over the last three days to even think about anything else....LOL  What I did do during week was valeted my car and washed it which set me off to wash my windows outside and got them all done.  I even, the next day, did my patio door inside and my storm door too so just have to get stuck in to the rest now and as tomorrow has not to be too great think that is a job which will be tackled.   Garden refuse bin out tonight and another pile of black bags sitting ready to be emptied into it tomorrow and will see how many I manage to get down too and then might just tackle some more of the garden during the rest of the week for those winter jobs are starting to creep up for lavender is finished and clematis is going brown but it is quite funny for I have one little flower that opened other day so shows how mild it has been here for nearly October and still clematis out....shouldn't be !!!! lol  

Hope everything going okay for everyone else who has set themselves little goals to achieve and hope the start of a new week brings a renewed energy to everyone for I'm feeling quite perky about things and ready to go.....makes a welcome change !!!! LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

How about a Tuesday comment??? LOL  I know ....I broke the Monday rule once again!! Sylvia knows that Bob has been gone for 11 days fighting a HUGE fire in Northern California because of my fb posts but I know you aren't on fb Sylvie so that has had me preoccupied and worried to death!! A long story short and all is well with Bob back at home and catching up on well deserved rest!! Maybe just another excuse for me?? Perhaps...lol Our weather is getting much better. They keep threatening us with another heat wave but I don't think it will happen. It feels like a delightful fall day today :) The afternoons are much more reasonable for working the yard. Maybe I will do a bit as Bob wants to mow the lawn but his back has been hurting ever since he returned from the fire so I really don't want him to bother with it just yet. Another excuse for me??? Perhaps ;) I will get there eventually!!

How fun Sylvie that you are having a visit with your delicious granddaughter!! Yippee!! And do enjoy :))) No WORK for you!!! ;)

See ya ladies...

Kathy 

Hey Kathy,  my eldest daughter is visiting from Europe, my granddaughter is my youngest's baby, but I will see her at the wedding Sunday. I'll tell you what girl: your assignment for this week is to take care of Bob and you'll be completely excused if you mow the lawn, is that a deal? lol I'm sure poor Bob has been through this before so some rest and TLC should have him back on his feet again so to speak in no time. Glad for you that your weather is getting more decent though. Take good care Kathy and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D 

Hey Sylvia, well getting somewindows done is better than doing nothing  and cool you got the car done too. I’m enjoying my visit with my daughter and the days are concentrated. I did manage to sort the very last of baby clothes when my youngest daughter came last weekend and now my eldest is adding to the giveaway pile. I’ve also managed to organize a bit on the computer so I don’t feel too useless this week... XD My eldest is very independant, so I can’t help her through her own sorting: can’t win them all, right? :D I’m keeping it to a minimum this weekand will see what happens after the wedding next week. That’s it for now. Good luck with the rest of your gardening Sylvia and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Tuesday's are definitely okay too Kathy for both Sylvie and I have missed plenty of Mondays and either reason has begun with a B ....couldn't be Bothered, or, too Busy !!!!! LOL

You know I'm glad Bob and all the firefighters back home safely from that one Kathy and I bet you have a calendar marked somewhere on a count down till Bob's retirement.  Only good thing is, if anything good can come from something like that, the adrenaline gets pumped and they always say that helps to keep you feeling young .....that must be how I feel like a sprightly 83 year old !!!!!!! LOL

Hoping you all have a wonderful day on Sunday and hope Marcel has that speech well prepared.   Have a super time Sylvie and BTW you will be forgiven if you don't get here next Monday, promise !!!! lol

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Today, exactly one year ago I wrote my first comment in this forum! At first I was very unsure. But I have found many dear friends.

Specifically I want to thank "my" Scottish friend Sylvia. She has helped me often to break down barriers.

And I don´t want to forget Sylvie! She was always there for me when I had questions!

Dear friends, thank you for 365 days Michael Bolton stories!

And I thank you all that you accept "my" special English!

I will stay here! And I look forward to the next 365 days with you all! I promise!

Petra (Germany)

Dear Petra, well then - congratulations. Nice that you exist in the forum.Thanks a lot for all and best regards from Berlin

Katrin

And I hope your "fire" burns for a long time.

Katrin

Thanks Katrin! My fire will forever burn!  ;)

Petra (Germany)

Oh WOW Petra thank you so much and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and more especially ..........

Here's to many, many more years on this wonderful forum and website for us all supporting the one and only...........

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service