New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hallo Petra, awww, you're too sweet! It's been 365 days of pure pleasure sweetie and your "special English" as well as every non native English speaker's on the forum, has made it more colorful and interesting. The power of music and the beautiful voice of our wonderful Michael brought us here, so cheers to 365,000,000 more happy days! XD Thank you for your message sweet Petra, take care and God bless. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada xxx

Hi folks and here we are at another Monday, whilst realizing that last Monday was missed completely, so decided to get this thread going again.  I have to say over last couple of weeks I have been delighted with what I have done for I have managed to clean windows, wash a couple of carpets, cut back some more shrubs, get rid of, all but one, of the garden refuse sacks as well as read a couple of books....now that ain't bad going is it ???? LOL 

Whilst on here I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Thanksgiving and to go along with those wishes here is a little picture......

and it has as its heading the words "Happy Canadian Thanksgiving" and the picture itself is made up of pumpkins, apples and autumn leaves along with a basket containing pears, apples and grapes and also, what I presume is, a pumpkin pie but it has a big squirt of cream on the top ...do you put cream on pumpkin pie ????   I don't know because I have never had, nor made, pumpkin pie !!!! lol  But what the heck, it is a pie in a dish of some description and with that cream on top it looks delicious so let's just leave it at that...okay ??? LOL

Last Monday we had the day off because someone on here had a very special wedding to go to and I am hoping we might just hear a little about and it was Sylvie whose daughter Sarah got married.....mother of the bride !!!! :)   Hope all did go well Sylvie and that you had terrific time with all your visitors and are spending a little while relaxing after all the activity.

Hope everyone is having a super October, weather wise as with everything else, and although might be starting to turn colder in certain parts, like here, hope the picturesque scenery that autumn/fall brings brings a smile to your face !! :) 

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, wow, you’ve had quite an impressive 2 weeks! Thanks very much for the good wishes and the pic description. :D I’m sure some people must have cream or ice cream with warm pie, but as I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, the whole ritual isn’t a staple of the French community. Besides, I’m thankful every day for all my blessings! :D I did send you a reply PM Sylvia, which summed up the wedding, but I’ll share with who wants to know. I’ve been riding the crest of this whirlwind visit and we’re squeezing the last out of the few remaining days. The wedding and reception were held in the same intimate setting, very sweet and tailor-made to the couple. It was intimate and yet global in the sense that we had people from Canada, Morocco, Norway, France and Denmark. There were cute fun games and I “saw” and spoke to people I hadn’t seen in years, aside from the nicest strangers you’d ever want to meet. :D Some of the groom’s party wore traditional Norwegian costumes and I got great feedback on my dress! Sarah’s in-laws visited all last week and it’s been a lot of fun, special moments trying to learn to communicate and even had a private after dinner guitar unformal recital from my youngest son. You can well imagine that all projects went by the wayside and I’m frankly not sure these windows will get done this year, but oh well. Anyway, glad to hear you’ve had such a great 2 weeks Sylvia, keep up the good work! To anyone else with resolutions/projects, October is no time to give up and baby steps are still steps.   Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Well it just dawned on me this is Monday and felt hadn't been on here for a while and surprise, surprise find out we were not on last week.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how did that happen ?????? LOL

The funny thing is though that have about as much to report on as would have had last week which is zilch.....isn't that disgusting !!! LOL   I literally haven't done a thing for our weather has been, to say the least, depressing so all I have done is cleaned little bit more of corners in house getting ready for Christmas but apart from that have been catching up with messaging with relatives and becoming friends with more relatives on FB which is terrific.  I have read books since last time on and have read two and half way through another but that is sum total of my activities apart from eating and sleeping and the usual in between.

Hope everyone else has a more exciting live than me which couldn't be hard right now and if so please come in and share all your excitement with us....oh come on, nothing to lose !!!! LOL

Sylvia. Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, to answer your question: I’d just had a hectic 3 weeks, what’s your excuse? Lol Just teasing... :D Well, at least, you were a bit productive. Have you revisited your ancestry site to share your info with others? Maybe you’re still organizing it... Now, sorry to disappoint you, lol but my life isn’t all that exciting, but I’ll share anyway. :D After the wedding excitement, I finally finished a pending sewing project and I’m back at work on a doll restauring project that’s been pending since last summer. I got these collection dolls at a crazy bargain, but they’ve been neglected something awful, so had to look up how to clean feathers, silk and costume jewelry and figuring methods on how to deal with their hair: it’s quite an undertaking. I still need to work on getting stuff off the computer, which is one I need to kick myself in the pants for. I guess that’ll be my project for November. We have similar weather as yours Sylvia. We take advantage of an hour or 2 of sunshine on the fly and that’s about it. I actually noticed that fall arrived all at once last Saturday, because the sun hit me right in the face through the bare tree! Lol The forecast isn’t all that brilliant this week either, but I’ll make my own sunshine musically... :D That’s about the size of it Sylvia. Better luck next week for outside projects, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Sylvia and everyone, seems we've lost the good habit of posting on Mondays, but I'm here today. I'm happy to report that no matter how tedious it is, I did work on getting stuff off the computer, but it's a neverending process. As far as my dolls go, I have 4 dolls to work on, took a break from doll#2, but finished doll#3, which now makes the one I'm working on #3. :D This doll has glued on hair pieces, so it's a long process to redo. I think I'll start a personal log, just to keep track for myself of tasks I've accomplished as far as the computer goes, because it's too easy to say "I've done something" by only organizing one thing per week. Well anyway, I hope you've taken advantage of good weather if you've had some Sylvia, or that your newly found info made it to your ancestry site. If anyone else has projects/resolutions, hang in there: only one more month to go! Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Actually today I've been walking about thinking it is Monday and I don't how, or why, because I had an appointment yesterday that I wouldn't have had on a Sunday...OMG, definitely this old age doesn't come on its own !!! lol  

Glad to hear you are getting on with things Sylvie and are happy the way everything is going but once again, when I look back over week, I haven't a clue what I've done, it has just gone.....LOL  I haven't even been on the Ancestry site and I should have been but will definitely get on this week as later on in week I am heading up Greenock's way so I will look up address where my Great Grandmother died and go and visit and see what is still there and might even go and do a little shopping for Christmas.  In saying about Christmas, that is something I started during the week, Christmas shopping, for I have already got 4 of my presents, forgot all about that....have a lot more to get but at least I've started !!! LOL  When you consider we are now into November, not that long to go and Christmas will be here for another year, for come Thursday it is only 7 weeks away.....yikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hope everyone has managed to do a darn sight more than me, which wouldn't be difficult and hope November proves to be the most productive month for all those resolutions, good ideas, wishful thinking, projects, you all had on the go back in January for time is running out to get them done or, it will be like the Lottery, a roll over into 2015. 

Hi Sylvia, Kudos on starting with the Xmas shopping, because I'm sure you have a lot to do. On my side, I have to gear up and get my cards done before December this time... :D Enjoy your pilgramage and break a leg with your shopping. Take care girl and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Remembering, just, to pop into here and still nothing to report....LOL   Did get about half my Christmas shopping done during week, went to hospital for follow up and got the ALL CLEAR...thoughts are going along lines that it was caused by an overlap I have into Sjogren's Syndrome, which is an autoimmune disease and I was warned because of that it could happen again at any time because obviously they do not know exactly what triggered it but at least I know there is nothing sinister going on and when having had once, I will know exactly what is happening next time, IF, it does happen again ....that is a big, huge IF and it's going to stay that way !!! LOL.  

To share with you, this afternoon I didn't half do my good deed by rescuing wild life !!! lol   I have a fat ball container attached to my bird feeder stand and it is the jackdaws that love them but they are such crafty birds that they can lift the lid off and then actually move the fat balls up and take them away.  I try and try to get lid on as firmly as I can but they always manage to get it off.  This afternoon I went round to where I've got my feeding station and what is in the fat ball container........a starling !!!! lol    He had been trying to get the last of one of the fat balls and he had fallen in and I know it sounds funny but OMG when I saw him I actually thought he was dead and I believe he was on the point of giving up until I approached him and the head moved and that was it, the fight was on to get him out before he did bite the dust and what a fight it was.   Carried him into house and kept talking to him and touching his beak, head and his wee chest around his heart, kept giving that a wee rub and he was fine only fluttered about occasionally but he wasn't half watching me and looking at what I was doing but I have to say I got the genuine feeling that he knew I was there to try and help him.  Eventually I got the wire cutters and started breaking a hole in it but of course his head was out through a section and I had to cut quite a big hole before I could get my hand into a position to be able to move his head over so that I could cut the section where his head was poking through and I got to the point where I knew I had to cut a certain section and that would release him but I had to do it quick and watch what I was doing because if I left a jagged edge, as he escaped, he could tear himself in two.  Suddenly I knew I was through the wire and just as suddenly he flew out.  To finish the job, I had taken him back up to the tree where I have everything and where they are used to, but as he flew he went down first because his wings had been so crushed and of course I had thought there was a possibility they were broken but thank goodness they weren't for Jill was sitting waiting for him to get down a bit lower but he managed to fly onto fence and at that point Jack was sitting waiting (they had been following me and watching every single move...think they thought I had their dinner in my hands, LOL) but he managed to fly onto one of the branches from there and I was out round other side by that time and we stopped and looked at each other and I told him to take care and I would see him for his breakfast tomorrow and he then flew off into a larger tree in the garden over from me and I lost sight of him....how I hope he is okay and that I do see him tomorrow morning.....wonder if he will come and say, hello ???? LOL

That's all I've got to report on and thank goodness says everyone !!!!!! LOL   BTW I will definitely come back in if he does come and say "hello" !!!!!!!! ROFL.

Aww Sylvia, glad to hear you were able to free that bird and glad to hear you're okay too. I think you keep forgetting I'm not on FB and Twitter, so have no idea what's happened to you in the past week relating to your Sjogren disease I'm afraid. Also great to hear your Xmas shopping is coming along, though wonder what happened to your trip Greenock's way. For my part, I'm still working on that #3 doll and should work on first cleaning and then rebuilding her intricate hairstyle tomorrow. I've also been working hard on the computer filing and have started a log to keep track, which I hope to add to this week. That's about it for now. Break a leg on whatever you'll be undertaking this week Sylvia and do let us know about the starling. It's funny that this reminds me of a Gilbert Bécaud song called "The bird of all colors"... :D  Take good care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Well we are at another Monday albeit two weeks late again and outcome is still the same, nothing to report and I haven't a clue, literally, where the time is going....I do not know as every day is just disappearing and there is nothing substantial for me to see what I have done during all the hours I've been awake.....I am seriously starting to think that I'm not awake at all, I get up for breakfast and fall asleep for rest of day and waken up again when it's time to go to bed !!! LOL

All I can say I have definitely done is nearly finished Christmas shopping and have got some parcelled up that need to go to Post Office and I took Jack to vets other day for his blood test and all results came back showing he is fine and he now has a 6 month reprieve before next blood has to be taken.  He has put on weight though so both of them are on diets but at least, thank goodness, I have 6 months to get his weight down....I give in to them far too easily for all they have to do is sit and stare at me with those big soulful eyes and they get what they want....LOL

I am out of here now as I am awfully busy doing nothing so got to get away and get on with doing nothing ......LOL    Hope everyone else has had a more productive couple of weeks than me and quite honestly, that would not be difficult !!! lol

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, good to read you post today. :D My excuse for not posting last week was that I had wonderful visitors last week and completely forgot. By the time I remembered, it was Wednesday and you hadn’t posted, so thought you had nothing to report and guess I was right. :D  Good to know you did do some important things at least. Glad to hear Jack is doing well.  Heehee, this reminds me of a lyric of a Prince song that goes: “...busy doing something close to nothing, but different than the day before”... :D  Well on my side, I’m happy to report that in principle, I should finish dealing with my doll’s hair this week and move on to the last one. I finally found what I needed to finish at a decent price. Also, I did flush stuff off the computer, though not as much as I’d liked because I’ve had problems with the USB port again. I’ve added to my filing log, so it’s a start.  My goal for the next week is to start filling Xmas cards, wish me luck! :D  Break a leg with your leftover shopping Sylvia and have a good week, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service