A few months ago Michael posted about being involved in and Andy Samberg project...well it is being released on May 10th and Michael is featured in a track entitled Jack Sparrow.  Check out more info here:

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/the-lonely-i...

Views: 10621

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL Gail I thought the same thing!

Robin :)

LOL. yes!!!!!

Way too funny with the crooked mustache!!!! Ahoy matey....have another swig Michael!!!! ROFL  That quick change was very brave indeed!!!! Go Michael!!! lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

The wig was a bit crooked too! He handled it well and never missed a note, he sounded wonderful!!! LOL Loved it! Yes he was brave to do a quick change on Live TV!! Go MB!!! :)

Robin in MD :)

Thanks for the links everyone!!  Michael was Super Duper last night, and it was great seeing him on TV....Loved it!!!!   :)

Helena...xx...

Good Morning!

Here is the youtube link and four Emmy articles.

Enjoy

Astrid

Emmys : Lonely Island / Akon / Michael Bolton 3 Way Mashup : Emmy Awards 2011 Epic Live Performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utOK6ULTat8

1. Michael Bolton At The 2011 Emmys: Why Are Pirates So Sexy?

http://www.yourtango.com/201199024/michael-bolton-2011-emmys-why-ar...

(Photo: MB, dressed as JS + Andy Samberg)

What's the allure of men with swords and eyeliner? We look to Hollywood to find out.

By Jessica Cruel

During the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, Michael Bolton hit the stage as Captain Jack Sparrow for his performance with Lonely Island, and even Lea Michele said he looked hot. Coincidentally, today happens to be International Talk Like A Pirate Day according to Twitter. So, what exactly is it about pirates, and why do we find them so sexy?

Perhaps it's the idea that they're very masculine—navigating the open seas with only their crew and their compass. Or maybe it's their mysterious yet intriguing image of danger and how they don't play by the rules ("Oh no, don't capture me, Mr. Pirate!"). Would you Date a Pirate?

Whatever it may be, we can't deny that we've seen some incredibly hot pirates on the seven seas... or at least on the silver screen. From Pirates of the Caribbean to The Princess Bride, these sexy swashbucklers have been known to steal our hearts along with some treasure. Check out our gallery to see Johnny Depp (because we know he's the sexiest pirate you would think of) and more!

"Ayyy, me hearties!"

2.   September 19th, 2011, 08:59 GMT · By Elena Gorgan

Emmys 2011: The Lonely Island, Michael Bolton Rock the House

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Emmys-2011-The-Lonely-Island-Michael...

(Photo: MB as JS in the crown nest)

Blending the best of television and pop music, The Lonely Island and some star guests rocked the house at the Emmy Awards 2011. The second biggest musical act of the evening, they performed a medley of songs previously included on Saturday Night Live.

As the video below will surely confirm, the three songs included in the medley were toned down for the Emmys, as compared to SNL, but still packed with plenty of undertones to remind people just how funny they were in their original format / wording.

Andy Samberg and The Lonely Island were the first to take to the stage. As expected, they couldn’t have performed without Michael Bolton, who sailed the stage in full Captain Jack Sparrow costume.

He was accompanied by dancers whose outfits imitated the waves, to further create the impression that Bolton was, indeed, Sparrow on board his pirate ship.

Next up was a rendering of the famous “3-Way (The Golden Rule),” previously performed on SNL by Justin Timberlake, Andy Samberg and Lady Gaga.

They were replaced by John Stamos, Maya Rudolph and Ed Helms but, suffice it to say, the performance was just as hilarious.

While they were singing, the boys from The Lonely Island made sure they illustrated the meaning of “3-Way” lyrics by gyrating around actor William H. Macy.

Akon was up next with another cover of Lonely Island, the “I Just Had Sex” song. The performance came complete with a giant American flag and retro-looking backup dancers.

None of the songs performed won the award for Outstanding Original Music or Lyrics, where they were nominated. It went to “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.”

Nevertheless, Saturday Night Live was not worse for it, since it still got to take home one of the coveted statuettes, in the category Outstanding Directing for a Variety, Music, or Comedy Series (Justin Timberlake), as we also noted earlier today. 

3. Emmy Awards 2011: Andy Samberg's Lonely Island brings back Michael Bolton for 'SNL' medley

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/09/emmy-awards-2011-an...

There's a reason digital shorts have been such a unique and welcome addition to "Saturday Night Live." They aren't live.

So it was interesting to see how the largely musical spots would translate to the Emmy broadcast when Lonely Island boys Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone took the stage for a medley of some of their most familiar tunes.

Joined by Michael Bolton, Ed Helms, Maya Rudolph, Akon and John Stamos, the trio sang some of their recent greats -- "I Just Had Sex," "Jack Sparrow" and "3-Way" -- while the audience seemed less than responsive.

Highlight? William H. Macy getting molested, before breaking into a surprising chorus of "U.S.A." and waving little American flags.

What did you think?

4. The Lonely Island and Michael Bolton Rock the Emmys

http://www.gossipcop.com/michael-bolton-emmys-lonely-island-video-s...

akon Andy Samberg Ed Helms John Stamos Lonely Island Maya Rudolph Michael Bolton william h. macy

Andy Samberg and his The Lonely Island musical comedy trio teamed up with their old pal, Michael Bolton, for an Emmy Awards performance that has to be seen to be believed.

The medley manages to involve Akon, Ed Helms, John Stamos and Maya Rudolph, as well William H. Macy and Bolton’s “Jack Sparrow,” along with some colorful dancers and even more colorful references to sex.

Just watch.

(Photo: MB as JS in the crown nest with dancers)

Thank you Asssssstrid!!! For I can't read or get enough of JACK SPARROW!!!!! Delicious!!!! :))))))))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Your ssssserpent - ooops - I meant: ssssservant - Mylady! LOL

Assstrid

Astrid,

Wow, you have been a busy bee finding so much on the computer!  Love it!!

Thanks,

Joy

Welcome back Iconic Joy!!!! :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Yes, welcome back to the good part Joy. I hope your project has been successful and joyful too.

Greetings

Astrid

Wow Astrid, thanks for all your hard work and sharing it with us here! Take care sweetie and thanks again, much appreciated. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service