A few months ago Michael posted about being involved in and Andy Samberg project...well it is being released on May 10th and Michael is featured in a track entitled Jack Sparrow.  Check out more info here:

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/the-lonely-i...

Views: 10622

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The "hard work" was pure pleasure! Starting an early day with a joyful work like this and knowing others will enjoy too  - who could ask for more? LOL.

Have a great day

Astrid

Painful isn't it Asssstrid???  Feels so good it hurts!!!! lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hi there,

so true Kathy LOL, so I went on searching and found another article. Although I do not like the author's previous articles about MB at all, this time I agree: JS at the Emmy's alone would have been pricelesssss LOL 

Good night from Germany

Astrid

PS. If you choose to look at the website: Don't open MB's bio on the right side, unless you need an instant rise of your blood pressure :(((

Lonely Island Emmy Awards Performance: Hit or Miss?

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/09/lonely-island-emmy-awards...

September 19th, 2011 6:40 AM by Free Britney

The Lonely Island performed at the Emmy Awards Sunday, marking a rare live performance by the SNL trio of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone.

The guys were joined by Michael Bolton on "Jack Sparrow" before giving way to Lonely Island stand-ins Ed Helms, John Stamos and Maya Rudolph on "3-Way".

Akon then came on to belt out the chrous from "I Just Had Sex", with an assist from Bolton and the guys at the end. It was ... different at least. Take a look:

(Link to the Emmy performances , takes minutes to open)

Hilarious as those guys are, did the live effort fell a bit short? High expectations didn't help them, but it felt a little forced, and yet lacking at the same time.

It's not as funny when the hilarious comedic crew has to censor every other word ... or when other people stand in for Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.

Why not go with only "Jack Sparrow"? Bolton's big, sexy hook (and watching him attempt to pull off all the costume changes) would have been priceless.

In any case, props to them for trying something so ambitious if nothing else. Here are the original videos for each of the above songs for comparison ...

The Lonely Island - Jack Sparrow (Ft. Michael Bolton)

Justin Timberlake & Andy Samberg (ft Lady Gaga) - Three Way (Th...

Lonely Island (Feat. Akon) - I Just Had Sex

Thanks for the new article Astrid. I'm all for Michael alone, but all the costume changes? Hmm, maybe it could have worked with holograms... :DThanks for sharing sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks a million Astrid for everything Jack Sparrow - thanks !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Welcome "back in the club" LOL

Astrid

Hey thanks to all of you for missing me!  I missed you too.

I can't stay away long! I start having MB withdrawl!

My high school reunion isn't until Nov. 5th so I am still busy with that and this year the Christmas holidays will be at my house so I still have a lot on my plate. But with Michael on the Emmys I had to chime in here it was so exciting!!

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Hey Joy. Miss you! Hope all is well ! Miss everyone here. Sylvie saw your pictures at the fan gathering in the UK! You look terrific and looked like alot of fun! Sylvia. I miss our chats! When my foot heals. And i can be back on my own conputer i will be back on! Michael was amazing on sunday nite!!!

Eileen. Xxs

I have one of these in my car!! It's hanging up beside a mini T shirt which says ' Michael Bolton's No1 fan'. My sons bought them for me!! 

Jennifer 

LOL Quite a few fans have things that say #1 Michael Bolton fan...there definitely are more than 1!!LOL

Robin :)

Heehee Robin, I know what you mean: once I signed a letter to him: "your number 1 fan, serial number 1234567"! lol Thanks for sharing. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

Hi ladies....as they say....get in line !!!!! LOL Poor Michael :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service