As we are now into 2015 thought would start a new thread for our resolutions/hopes and dreams/desires and needs or, whatever we want to share with each other, each week on here. Hopefully we will be able to give each other the support we might seek in trying to get all those little "wants" done whether we intend to take a week, a month, or even, the whole year, to achieve whatever it is but that we can be assured of support from each other as well as, without doubt, a laugh along the way.....what would life be without some of that good stuff that costs nothing but is worth much more than a pot of gold !!!

Picture above is one Michael sent us on New Year's Day of himself surrounded by falling balloons of all different colours and with his arms outstretched as though welcoming in the New Year.

Sylvie in Canada      and

Sylvia in Scotland.

Views: 1270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As it is another Monday, albeit in another year, 2015, off we go again !!! LOL  Here I go again for I cannot believe it is 5th January, already....I am convinced I'm having senior moments that last all day for some of my days have just disappeared in the blink of an eye !!! lol

I am setting my myself three main goals which take in the three headings I have used and the first has to be the old one of wanting to lose weight and unfortunately, right now, that is no joke for I have to lose weight.   Over Christmas and New Year festivities I have been rather indulgent in the food line and this morning when I stepped on those scales I even shocked myself for I knew I had put on weight simply because certain clothes no longer fit and surprise, surprise, I wonder how when one has put on .......drum roll.......just under 1 stone in weight......O M G !!!! LOL    Yikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL  I am setting myself 7th January to start on my diet and each and every Monday morning I will weigh myself and come on here and tell you all what I have LOST.....guts and determination.....because I am going to LOSE weight !!!   I want and need at least 1 1/2 stone, if not, 2 to come off so my first contribution to this thread is most definitely a "desire & need" !!!

A "dream & wish" is that Michael comes back to Scotland or, at least, the UK in 2015 and he brings with him So Hyang.  I can assure you folks if that happens I will be one happy bunny and that will be my dream and wish for 2015 fulfilled.   Okay.....there is the question of the Lottery coming up......BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

A "resolution" has to be that I become more tolerant on every aspect of life because I would say I have lost some of what I once had with all the horrible stuff happening in the world and I believe too, because of it all, I have become a less democratic person than I once was: it is too easy to blame other people for that happening but you can't blame anyone else but yourself if you don't find it again and I intend to because it has to be a democratic world that we live in for that, is the only way, peace can be found and if I am not truly democratic, not just within my heart, but within my soul, how can I expect anyone else to be.   To qualify, I am not talking about democracy with the capital "D", as in political parties but the democracy with the small "d" that gives us all tolerance, understanding and compassion for our fellow man and it is a huge capital "U" that is needed right now on that UNDERSTANDING.

To lighten the mood.............I do hope many of you will consider coming in and joining with Sylvie and I in this little thread and help to keep it going throughout the year and to feel that you can share whatever you want with all of us and enjoy doing so, as well as, having FUN whilst on here !!! :)

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, interesting title to the thread, but I guess it’s more fitting, due to our regular contents.  The holidays have a way of messing with our concept of time, I think because our minds are set on holidays supposed to be on the weekend: too many weekends! :D Okay Sylvia, I’ll need help with this one: how much is “a stone”? I don’t mean to ad insult to injury, but I don’t know... I can sympathize as we all can on gaining weight over the holidays, but thankfully, our cheesecake is done! Lol Luckily for me, I don’t own a scale. :D I only get weighed once a year on my routine trip to the doctor, which is coming up in Feb. If I can helpyou with that, I’ve found that journaling helps me a lot: you can eat whatever you want, but writing it down makes it more concrete and therefore guides you into better choices. The thing is to get into the habit of doing it. Mine is on the computer, but maybe you can leave a notepad on the kitchen table, or even tape a note to your computer screen to remind you. Heehee, sorry Sylvia, but I had to laugh when you followed : “all I have lost” by: “guts and determination”, hope that doesn’t happen! :D My dream of an MB concert should be coming true in 65 days, but it would be fabulous to be able to meet Michael and give him the music box I made him and hopefully get the OWOL tour book signed. What else is there to wish after that? :D I guess I wish I could attend either an opera or a recital with my favourite soprano. Yours is a very good resolution Sylvia, any idea on how to achieve that? Maybe you need a new motto. :D My goals haven’t changed:same old boring stuff, I guess. I need to get back to my log though, because I’ve neglected it over the holidays. Guess that’s it for now. Break a leg Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D  

Thanks for the new thread, Sylvia!

I was always there last year! Read about what you guys have written. Sometimes, I needed a long time to translate!

Unfortunately, my English is not good enough to write long stories. But I'll check in again this year with a little contribution here; sure!

Petra (Germany)

Great to read you here Petra and hope you will keep looking in on what we get up to and please feel free to join in whenever you want !!! :)

I was coming on to answer Sylvie from yesterday about my horrendous weight gain and what I NEED to lose and I do not know why I keep laughing about it, it must be to keep the hysterics away....LOL

Sylvie, a stone is equivalent to 14 pounds or 6.35 kilograms.  Now do you get how BAD it is for I have at least 21 pounds I have to lose and that will still not be me down to my "ideal" weight but just to a weight I want to get down to and then start checking the face for old age "clampinidness" ......new word for the dictionary !!!! LOL  I am going to do it though...I AM going to do it !!!

I obviously do hope you get opportunity, somehow, someway, to meet Michael and obviously hope too that concert does take place this time...no hiccups whatsoever !!!   It certainly won't be long in coming round not when you consider that 5 days have already gone from 2015 and for us here in west of Scotland not long till we start to see nights getting longer again for just a few days to go and that will be happening...yipeeee !!! lol  

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi ladies, Petra, it would be great to hear if you do have any resolutions or projects. You don’t need to write a lot because Sylvia and I ramble all the time! :D Now Sylvia, thanks for the precision. Aside from you, I don’t think I’d ever heard the term before, so was wondering also about the reference. Well, that might seem like  a lot, but try to think that you’ve gained it over a few months and not just the holidays. :D Okay so, do you think you can do this on your own long-term, as in losing and keeping off? Maybe it’s time to hit the gym again... I do feel as if I could see my concert on the horizon now that we’re in 2015 and it’s only 9 weeks away. I have a great seat and looking forward to a wonderful time. The rest is in God’s hands. Enjoy your last day of non-restrictions Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Sylvie and you have kind of stumped me a little because do you actually mean where I have said about amount of weight I have put on therefore amount of weight I have to lose and using "stones" as the measure ???  I have used that because here in UK we still refer to weights by the Imperial System although we are partly Metric and Imperial System is 16 ounces = 1 pound; 14 pounds = 1 stone; 112 stone = 1 hundredweight and e.g. here if someone was, say, 119 pounds we would say they weigh 8 stone 7 pounds.

Also, I should say, just never have on here before but when my mother died I went through a "rough patch" and a lot rougher than I thought it was going to be so much so I put on a tremendous amount of weight.  I put it on over a period of about a year and it took me about a further year and a half to get rid of and that was 3 stones or 42 pounds and that took me down to a weight where the diabetes had disappeared and other little things were working fine again but it still wasn't an "ideal" weight so over next few years I gradually did lose another stone, 14 pounds, and have managed to keep that off ......until NOW  !!!! LOL   Possibly you see where the desperation and determination are coming from that I am GOING to LOSE weight.....it ain't no silly woman on a silly little diet any longer, it's for real and it starts, TODAY !!!! lol

Hi again Sylvia, pardon my French upbringing sweetie, I didn't know. I never thought your goal was silly. Obviously, your health is the most important thing. My son-in-law had a wake-up call and is going through the same thing. So you see, you know you're able to do it, so go for it girl!  The reason I was asking is that after I had my eldest, I needed help losing my "baby fat", so I got help from a dietician as far as calories, portions etc. Again, break a leg sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Know we are nearly couple of weeks into January but thought would post, what used to be my norm, a calendar picture for the month of January.  I have placed it in amongst a bouquet of flowers I got for Christmas and which are still flowering beautifully. White and yellow chrysanthemums with peachy/yellow carnations along with pine cones, leaves and cinnamon sticks dipped in gold as ornamentation and they work and look beautiful.  Picture is one of Michael taken at the last MBC charity event, if memory serves me right, where he is making a speech. 

Well, that has filled up a space in the post because I actually have nothing to fill it with for not a lot achieved during week except Christmas decorations all down and packed away.  All surplus Christmas and New Year food disposed off in the dustbin, ME !!! LOL  Have done the weigh-in and where nothing lost, as yet, nothing gained either during week...hooray !!! LOL   On my resolution to attempt to become more tolerant certainly have got to give that a miss, after all that happened in France, for would say what existed before has, kind of, diminished somewhat, over those few days and then when you read this morning about Nigeria, well....not a lot you can say !!!!!!!! 

I'm awfully cheerful, aren't I ??? lol   Thing I had better tell myself a joke or, just look in the mirror, as some would say !!! lol   Hope everybody who has set themselves resolutions, goals, or whatever, have had a darn sight better luck then me at making any progress with them last week.  

Here is looking to this week, for it has got to be better, hasn't it ???

Hi Sylvia, well, all I can say is  that you still had the guts to come and post and you haven't gained any, so it's a step in the right direction. :D As for me, I'm keeping up with my logs on organizing and food intake/exercize. The organizing is inching along and the latter shows me I have a bit of room for improvement... :D I'm still walking at least 1 hour a day, but have to watch for the sweets intake, but at least, I'm writing it down. I wish you better luck next week Sylvia, on both counts. I also want to wish anyone withresolutions or goals a happy inching-along process. Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Where did you get the beautiful calendar Sylvia? My life mate wanted to give me something from Michael for Christmas. I have all CDs and DVDs. That's why he was looking for a cup, calendar or a poster. Unfortunately, you can not buy anything in Germany!

I have no plans for this week. I have problems with my son about his school at the moment. He don't want to study! And is also very defiant! Not really nice! There's no time for plans. To reassure myself I visit the forum!

I wish you a wonderful week!

Petra (Germany)

Hi girls and I'm catching up here as I have being doing the rounds without checking my e-mails and didn't realize you had both been on.  I am kind of scared to look at e-mails as I haven't been on there since last night. 

Glad things starting to go your way Sylvie with getting things done and glad too you are managing to get out for walks for quite honestly I wish I could but the weather is just too awful.  This morning I had appointment at dentist and just as I was coming out there was a man coming up the little ramp bit toward door and he was elderly and had a stick so I nipped back in and held the door open for him and he was saying thanks and talking about the weather and I said to him: "Och, I'm going down the prom now for a wee walk !"  Oh my goodness, if you had seen his face for his mouth literally did fall open and I couldn't keep it up because of the look on his face and I burst out laughing and if you had heard him because he thought I was serious and all I could hear as he walked further into the dentists was him chuckling away.  I was quite pleased and felt at least I did one good deed in the day by giving him a laugh and what a laugh it would have been if I had gone down the front for after I had been shopping I drove along and oh boy, it was bad the other day, but today there was seaweed hanging on the walls of the houses along the front and that had come over the prom, over a grassed area, over a pavement, over a road and over another pavement to hang on the walls and all the grit and stones everywhere and our poor palm trees lashed with a couple of them looking as though they have been finished.....an absolute mess along the front.  Tomorrow we could have snow so along with the wind that will be good !!!! LOL

Hope everything works out for you Petra with your son and that he eventually realizes he is not going to win !!! LOL  It can be a job when they dig their heels in and are determined they do not want to go to school.....battle royal, as we say, is what happens.  Hope though there is no underlying reason for him to not want to go to school if he has been okay in the past for as they say a lot of these changes don't just happen on their own for there can be a valid reason.   Hope everything works out !!! :)   On the Michael Bolton Calendar where I get them from are eBay.  They are quite nice for they have a page per month and they are all contained in a plastic folder which opens with the front going back and it creates a ledge and the calendar then sits and they are described as being desk calendars.  I'll take some proper pictures of it and PM them to you so that you can see just what it looks like.

Hope you both have a super week and anyone else that is lurking about, have a good one as well !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend

Hey Sylvia, wow, that really sounds like a mess! BTW, I haven't taken a walk outside for a very long time: I just walk up and down my living-room as I listen to movie commentaries or listen to music. I know that sounds strange, but it works for me... :D I found the perfect place for my own calendar, so I'm pretty lucky to be surrounded by  Michael on both sides: calendar on the left and mousepad on the right. XD I do hope this site's "store" starts selling merchandise in the not-too-distant future. Well anyway, stay warm and stay safe Sylvia, have a good one, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service