Hi everyone,

I’ve been meaning to start this thread for a while now. I’ve been reading since the beginning of this forum, many discussions started by fans who simply wanted to share their joy of being a Michael Bolton fan. We have threads to share concert reviews, some to share news, videos etc, but not exactly what I have in mind. I would like for this thread not to be about meeting Michael, but about MB related moments in our daily lives, that anyone can take part in. I’m sure we all have tons of fun stories about how the existence of our Michael made us smile today.

For example: I remember once working on the computer and being stressed out to finish a job, then I took a break and turned on the radio, SILYBIL was on and I felt like I’d been given a big hug! Also, I remember once reading on one of the old message boards, someone had gone to a thrift shop and found an MB T-shirt and it made her day! Another story of mine has to do with my husband driving with “The one thing” on, stopping at a light and the guy in the next car asked him who that was and said this was great music! Your anecdotes can also be about how you've converted a "non believer" or your child’s discovery of Michael and sometimes we have as many stories as we have kids! Anyway, I guess I’d like this thread to be kind of a Michael Bolton  “Vegetable soup for the soul”. :D I have a few stories in my own life like these and even started my own personal document  a while back and I thought: why not share our stories together? So there you go MB fans: share away! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Views: 7136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah Robin CA "Top of the Pops" was a show you just didn't miss;  it ran for years and was great because the stars did appear in it and you maybe got six/seven acts that had songs in the top 20 and then they had a new release section plus they went through the top 20 and with some they showed official videos that came with songs because of course everybody made those back in those days but you could almost be guaranteed that the song that was #1 the artist would be there or have recorded a section to be played on the show.....it was good in its day and in fact they are showing re-runs of it on one of our channels and a lot of times I tune in and they are in the '70's right now and seeing everyone back then....oh boy, for as Barbra says, "Memories.........." !!!!! LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia,  Thanks for telling this story...your Mom & Dad are watching over you now...they are still w/you..and I'm glad to hear Mum liked our Michael:)! So she was a Big fan of Tennis, too? What did she say about Agassi's hair? Did she know he wore a Hair-piece? LOL! He was good though wasn't he?

Mary (meg's mom)!

I didn't know Agacy had a hairpiece. I do know he had his hair shaved off his chest. :)))))) too funny.

Thanks Mary for your kind words and no my mum didn't know because I believe that only came out with Andre's autobiography and that was after she had died but we loved Andre and funnily enough, although his hair was mentioned, she didn't go on about it too much think because it was nearly always back with the baseball cap.  So glad Andre did find the courage to come out about his hair and in many ways it was sad that he had to go through that self doubt but it must be difficult for a lot of men and I don't think us women appreciate it too much because we accept it far more readily than they do maybe because it is them going through it and not us !!! lol

Thanks for sharing your fun memories of your mum and MB Sylvia. Not useless memories, Wee One, I am sure you are much feeling your parents presence right now. Big Hug,

Kathy T. :)

Thanks Kathy and thank goodness my mum did like Michael and that I have plenty of fun memories when we shared our mutual love of him !! :)

Sylvia, your mother and my grandmother were of the same generation. My grandmother would have been 103 this June.

It was a different time in their day. I loved hearing her stories of years ago.

Robin in MD:)

Great all the different stories....lovely to read and hey folks whilst the store may have been playing Michael last Wednesday I have lived her coming on thirteen years now and I have only heard him being played about three or four times so don't know if an exceptionally keen fan in charge of music or, if it just happens to come round, in the loop.....not even too sure if the music and adverts played in stores is from each individual store or, if it is broadcast, from their head office.   It certainly was more than enjoyable to hear and it was just the end of "Love With My Eyes Closed" that was playing when I went into store and went through from there to "As" so I just presumed rest had been played too but other times when I have heard it has been only one or two songs that have been played together......will keep listening for !!!! :)

This is a short review of our very 1st MB concert, my Meg.was very young, I really don't know how old she was, but I'm guessing 6 or 7:)! LOL! Getting the CRS! LMBO!!!

We had seats on the 1st row, on the side of the fairgrounds! Meg was upset because she couldn't see...and they told Us that she couldn't stand in her seat! So I told her to just act like she was at home and listen to him & just let go! She did just that! She was sooo cute, kinda out in the aisle a bit, swaying to the Music of Michael Bolton...jamming right along w/him, she had her imaginary Flute, and was playing it...and All of a sudden some guy comes to tap me on the shoulder and says she can come stand in his seat! HA-HA nice try...Meg wouldn't talk to him much less stand in his seat, LOL! But it was Nice of him to ask! Like I said she was really in her groove, having a great time! He saw it & I'll bet his girlfriend told him to come & get her! LOL! We taught her to never talk to strangers! And she never would!!! This was to be the 2nd concert she had ever gone to, but Not the last by any means! Ok, so there you have it...another of my stories that I love to share with anyone who wants to listen! It never gets OLD:)! But this brain of mine is! I hope you All enjoyed it as much as I liked telling about it! Of course I ran it by Meg 1st, to get her approval! She learned about the Flute while in Dance school! It came in handy:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Aw! Mary. That was a cute story.  Thanks for sharing.

Hey Mary, sweet story girl but I thought you were going to add the Barbie camera story... :D You're so lucky to have been able to share all this MB stuff with your girl: she's a sweet kid! Thanks for sharing so many stories with us Mary, take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Glad you all liked my lil story:)! But Sylvie you already know that story, and it is another time, I will wait a bit before I share that one...gotta keep that one for a Rainy day:)! LOL! (Yes..I have been Blessed)!!!

Mary (meg's mom)!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service