Hi everyone,

I’ve been meaning to start this thread for a while now. I’ve been reading since the beginning of this forum, many discussions started by fans who simply wanted to share their joy of being a Michael Bolton fan. We have threads to share concert reviews, some to share news, videos etc, but not exactly what I have in mind. I would like for this thread not to be about meeting Michael, but about MB related moments in our daily lives, that anyone can take part in. I’m sure we all have tons of fun stories about how the existence of our Michael made us smile today.

For example: I remember once working on the computer and being stressed out to finish a job, then I took a break and turned on the radio, SILYBIL was on and I felt like I’d been given a big hug! Also, I remember once reading on one of the old message boards, someone had gone to a thrift shop and found an MB T-shirt and it made her day! Another story of mine has to do with my husband driving with “The one thing” on, stopping at a light and the guy in the next car asked him who that was and said this was great music! Your anecdotes can also be about how you've converted a "non believer" or your child’s discovery of Michael and sometimes we have as many stories as we have kids! Anyway, I guess I’d like this thread to be kind of a Michael Bolton  “Vegetable soup for the soul”. :D I have a few stories in my own life like these and even started my own personal document  a while back and I thought: why not share our stories together? So there you go MB fans: share away! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Views: 7136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Karina, I agree Music to me is Medicine....and Michael is our medicine man of wonderful Music:)!

Mary (M&M's)!

Oh! wow! Love everyone's stories so far. Sylvian, driving down the road with Michael's music & drawing attention to various people is awesome. I use public transport & can't share music. Karina, your story is lovely too despite your losses honey. Aw! Music is my whole life, really. It's my drug, happiness, sadness&so forth. Wow! Sylvie, thanks for starting this thread. I don't know what story to tell. These are so good, I could never compare but I'll think of something.

Hi Robin, I'm so glad you came over girl! I don't have a lot of great stories either, just little every day things. Remember in 2002, after I came back from the gala weekend? I hadn't been away from the kids for a weekend ever. When I came home,  my eldest son, who wasn't crazy about Michael's music, asked me to put on something like DOTB so it would feel like home again, can you believe that? He was 7 at the time and I couldn't believe he said that! Anyway, I know you must have some stories about meeting people thanks to Michael, or many stories that happened to you because you were wearing MB T-shirts and such... :D Take your time Robin, the thread isn't going anywhere and maybe something someone says can spark something. In any case, glad to have you here my friend, take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada xxx

Speaking of MB t-shirts, I was @ Bahama Breezewith my friends Elaine & Doreen & this girl saw my t-shirt. She had 2 tickets for the Orleans. her mom&someone was gonna go&couldn't & Elaine&Doreen weren't gonna go so the woman gave them the tickets. Imagine that, they got in free. Now.  How cool is that? Now, some folks have even made negative comments on my t-shirts but I remind them, but it has gotten attention from other fans or tentative fans. :)

Just shows the power of a message on a t-shirt !!!!!!!!!  lol

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Robin, that's the story I wanted you to share, thanks! :D Take care girl and thanks for sharing! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Thanks for sharing your story, Karina. Through happiness and sorrows MB comes shining through in our lives and so glad you have a wonderful husband that you have been able to share your special MB moments in life with and just beautiful that you two share the MB bond in your marriage. Hugs,

Kathy Tulsa :-)

Hey Sylvie,

Ok girl I think you may know this story, but I never tire of telling it, so here goes! I've been thinking of it all day! I hope you All enjoy it!

Years ago back when my Meg. was little I was working in this plastics factory 12 hr. days and I had a Boom Box that I listened to Michael's music most of the day, to help me get through the long days! LOL!

Well one of those days just happened to be on Valentine's Day (Sunday) I remember it oh so well! I always called home on one of my breaks to talk to my husband & my daughter! Meghan gets on the phone & she is ecstatic, I can hear nothing but Joy in her Voice, she says "Mom" hurry and get home, me & dad have something for you that he found, you won't believe it, you're gonna  love it:)! She is soooo excited, I can still hear her....pure happiness:)!

Although we have been married 28 yrs now, we don't go crazy on gifts! So I didn't know what to expect.....

I finish my shift, and all the way home I'm excited because anything would have been wonderful no matter what:)! I get in & change, and Meghan is like...are you ready, I say Yes...and she proceed to tell me how her daddy had saw that a Special on VH1 was going to be on w/Michael Bolton...and he told Meghan about it...she said tape it dad, it will be Mom's Valentine's Gift:)! It was the Best gift ever! We watch it that night and many many more times...we had it down to the T..we use to act it out in our living room! Wonderful Memory:)! And I tell this story every Valentine's Day! He had long hair back then, and we had never seen him in concert at that time! Later on we did:)!

So there you go girl, my secret is out for All of you...I have the Best husband & daughter! They know how to make me SMILE:)! Get me Michael anything & I'm good to go! LOL:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Thanks for sharing all your stories girls......great to read over breakfast !! :)   Thanks !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Mary, that's adorable! No, I didn't know about this one, thank you for sharing! Take care sweetie and thanks for the smile! :D Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada <3

Hey Sylvie,

Glad you liked that one, I thought I had told you it! It was and will always be The Best  "Valentine's Day " ever:)! I still have that on VHS...with the tabs pulled out! May have to check it out one day! It had Percy Sledge singing WAMLAW  on it! Takes me back!

Have a Great Day All of you!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Was it this show Mary ???????????????????

Just want to give us all something to "SMILE" at this morning .....enjoy !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service