Hi everyone,

I’ve been meaning to start this thread for a while now. I’ve been reading since the beginning of this forum, many discussions started by fans who simply wanted to share their joy of being a Michael Bolton fan. We have threads to share concert reviews, some to share news, videos etc, but not exactly what I have in mind. I would like for this thread not to be about meeting Michael, but about MB related moments in our daily lives, that anyone can take part in. I’m sure we all have tons of fun stories about how the existence of our Michael made us smile today.

For example: I remember once working on the computer and being stressed out to finish a job, then I took a break and turned on the radio, SILYBIL was on and I felt like I’d been given a big hug! Also, I remember once reading on one of the old message boards, someone had gone to a thrift shop and found an MB T-shirt and it made her day! Another story of mine has to do with my husband driving with “The one thing” on, stopping at a light and the guy in the next car asked him who that was and said this was great music! Your anecdotes can also be about how you've converted a "non believer" or your child’s discovery of Michael and sometimes we have as many stories as we have kids! Anyway, I guess I’d like this thread to be kind of a Michael Bolton  “Vegetable soup for the soul”. :D I have a few stories in my own life like these and even started my own personal document  a while back and I thought: why not share our stories together? So there you go MB fans: share away! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Views: 7138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To All of you! Enjoy:)!

This show was a very long time ago, my Meghan was about 7 or 8 yrs old...so  I'm gonna tell you what I remember to finish my story:)!

We were in the 7th or 8th row...and that was so incredible...I don't think at that point I had ever been that close to any concert stage...but the things we go through for Michael, right?

We went in and when we saw the stage & how close we were, we were in total AWE!!! We had to get out of there and go get our T-Shirt...Meghan had to go put it hers on...she couldn't wait:)! She got really nervous before the show...so by now she was really nervous...we hung out in the Fairground halls for a while just in case we would be so Lucky to see him before the show! We didn't watch much of the 1st act... for some reason Meg. thinks it was Celina that opened for him...I really don't remember!

So ok now the 1st act is off the stage, and the lights are on...and we go to our seats...and I see that these 2  ladies are sitting on the End of the aisle, and I politely asked if they would rather sit in our seats...Warning...LOL! They said No... and I said OK, but don't say I didn't warn you:)!

Then I look to my left, and see this couple is going to be sitting by Us...and I said to the young man..."I feel so sorry for you" he laughed and asked me why! I said cause I am Not going to be able to sit down:)! He Smiled and left Us so that we would have more room & his girlfriend or wife had a Blast w/Us!

Ok...he comes on and OMG that is when I started coming alive....I couldn't sit down...and when he sang "Dock of the Bay: I looked at those 2 girls and asked if I could go get a picture! They let me by, then security came charging at me and told me to go to my seat or else he would throw Us out! I didn't much care for that at All, so we stood up the rest of the time, at our seats! Ok...I tried sitting down a few times, but I didn't feel like it...I wanted to have a good time with my daughter:)!

So this is the part where I Blush...!!! I can't remember what song this was that made me start standing up, when everyone else was sitting down, but I started singing it right back to Michael...and he saw me and sang the whole entire song to me...he Never once looked away! It was Awesome...I kept thinking don't forget the words (to myself) LOL! It was off "The One Thing" album for sure! So I see out of the corner of my eye that my Meg. is crying her eyes out...I'm thinking Why? But we have to Finish this song 1st...then I'll find out, right?

After it's over and I have just had the time of my life, I sit down and ask Why are you crying girl? She looks at me and says, Mom my Barbie camera wouldn't work, so I couldn't take a picture of him singing to you.....OMG! I looked into those Big Blue eyes of hers and said that's ok, you & me know it happened...that is Our memory....we don't need a picture..it will forever be in our memory & in our Hearts!

We went on to have a Great time with Michael & of course the Band! This was a SOLD-OUT concert:)!

Lesson learned, don't take the Barbie camera w/Us anymore...LMBO:)!

And the guy Thanked me for letting his girl have a Blast w/Us! He was tickled Pink that she had a good time:)! Those 2 girls were lifeless! Never even clapped there hands! What a Shame:)!

OK, now you know all about our Michael Bolton adventures! Can't wait to see him again someday, until then I have these memories to Cherish:)!

Hope you All enjoyed our Adventure:)! Back in the Day:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Mary, thank you so much for sharing that adorable story with everyone. Picture or not, that's certainly an unforgettable one! Thanks again sweetie and have a great day. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada <3

Hey Sylvie, I know you knew Meg's version of the Barbie camera show...but I had to go into great lengths because that was how it All went down:)!

And Robin R...Yes, I can't understand how anyone can just sit so still at any concert....much less this one...OMG...I think I accidentally knocked the tiny purse they had, while in action!!! I warned them 1st though...LMBO:)!

Kathy T....Glad you All enjoyed our adventure...now you know why I had to think about it before telling it! It was quite a Night to remember!

Until I finally got to Meet him a couple of yrs ago:)!

Last but not least Sylvie, I wanted you to have something to read this morning with your Wee Cup off Tea:)! Glad you enjoyed it as well!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hey Mary, I just love your story, but I can't imagine what was going through your mind as you were singing to/with michael... I'm sure that all that counted in that moment was Michael and everything and everyone else disappeared, but how can you intake such a moment? Phew, I think that would be too much for me! :D God bless you girl and thanks again for sharing. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada <3

Well Sylvie,  It was like our living room came to Life, and I really didn't think he would stay there throughout the whole entire song, but he did...and I wasn't about to sit down...(even w/meg. crying)! LOL:)! When I called back to tell Kathy or Joyce she said he liked it when his Fans were having Fun, too! So maybe it was just my LUCK:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Yeah, Mary&everyone. To see MB singing to you, that has got to be a thril. I'm glad when that happens to folks. :)

Aw! Mary!Love your adventure. Sure, Meggie's barbie camera didn't work but the memory's there. Love it girl. Thanks ever so much for sharing. How could anyone sit there lifeless? I know. Some folks don't even yell; I sure doooooo. 

Sweet memory for you and Meggy, Mary. You had a great mother and daughter MB adventure. Enjoyed reading everyones stories here. Pitch black here, storms knocked out electric and keeping me awake so came on here to look around. Think I will try to go back to sleep now but enjoyed reading here. Big Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Thanks Sheroda for sharing how Michael helps you and thanks to you Mary for sharing a wonderful story and hope that you do get a concert very, very soon !!!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

I know it's off topic here but anyone in stormy conditions, please be safe.

Well, 7/16/94, I flew to Michigan to meet up with my friends Peggy&Barbara. We stayed @ Barb's in Pontiac. Also got to meet Senora & Lee&Michael as well--Osbourne, that is. Thought I'd better clarify that. :) Well, Jeff, Barb's friend took us. I only got 1 gold club seat as I couldn't show favoritism. I would have had a toss up as to whom to take with me so, they all had lawn seats. We bought Jeff's since he was taking us. Though I was in row 38, despite it being gold club, I didn't care. I had an awesome. Barbara, Peggy,& Senora are all tape correspondence of mine&got to meet up with them. Michael's show, once again, was awesome. Oh, how I cried on WAMLAW & Lean on me. this nurse came up to me while I waiting for Jeff & asked if I was all right. I just told her I get emotional. Wow! That next day, I wastotally Boltonizing that's for sure @ an activity we went to. Then, that Tuesday night, before I left, I cried buckets of tears. Sometimes that happens to me. So, Michael was @ Pine Knob in Clarkston, MI. We ate out afterwards&got everyone t-shirts for the event. 

Thanks Mary and now got Robin CA to thank for the story over breakfast and that wee cup of tea today....thanks Robin !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service