Hi everyone,

I’ve been meaning to start this thread for a while now. I’ve been reading since the beginning of this forum, many discussions started by fans who simply wanted to share their joy of being a Michael Bolton fan. We have threads to share concert reviews, some to share news, videos etc, but not exactly what I have in mind. I would like for this thread not to be about meeting Michael, but about MB related moments in our daily lives, that anyone can take part in. I’m sure we all have tons of fun stories about how the existence of our Michael made us smile today.

For example: I remember once working on the computer and being stressed out to finish a job, then I took a break and turned on the radio, SILYBIL was on and I felt like I’d been given a big hug! Also, I remember once reading on one of the old message boards, someone had gone to a thrift shop and found an MB T-shirt and it made her day! Another story of mine has to do with my husband driving with “The one thing” on, stopping at a light and the guy in the next car asked him who that was and said this was great music! Your anecdotes can also be about how you've converted a "non believer" or your child’s discovery of Michael and sometimes we have as many stories as we have kids! Anyway, I guess I’d like this thread to be kind of a Michael Bolton  “Vegetable soup for the soul”. :D I have a few stories in my own life like these and even started my own personal document  a while back and I thought: why not share our stories together? So there you go MB fans: share away! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Views: 7136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvie,

I can read into your excitement ;))) Thanks for posting your joy and you too Robin R.....I enjoyed your story.....thanks for sharing it. Hugs

Kathy T. :)

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share that I got a fun, MB related surprise yesterday. I was listening to this French "Nick at Night" type channel, where they were having a variety show special that was a lot of fun. They were showing TV shows from the 60's on to the 80's. So I was listening to this show because my old favorite DJ hosted it and in a fashion segment of a teen-oriented show, I heard a song called "Deeper" or "Deeper than I wanted to go" by this artist named Billie Newton Davis and I recognized it as being a Michael written song! I had heard the demo years ago sung by Michael and I was just stunned and thrilled to hear it in such an unexpected place! It was like getting a wave from Michael at an airport or something! lol Anyway, thanks for indulging me. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D 

Thanks for sharing that with us Sylvie and for the bit of information about the song.......certainly never new that !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi  Sylvia, the demo version of the song, sung by Michael is   on the Doug James web site,

http://dougjamesmusic.com/anthology/?c=5

in the demos section,  along with a few others. Anyway, the list of songs Michael wrote, or at least a partial list is in the "Passions, secrets, souls and truths" book. Gail was kind enough to copy the list  for me years ago. Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Awesome Sylvie. I'm sure there's songs I've missed by folks Michael has written for & I haven't heard. Wow!

Hey Sylvie, That was a Nice surprise for sure:)! Thanks for sharing!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hey Mary, glad you liked it sweetie. :D From what Florin says, Michael did demos for all the songs he's written, so they're somewhere out there and thank goodness, fans find some! :D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share one more time one of the best reasons to listen to Christmas music on the radio over the holidays: hearing Michael! :D I've been too busy myself, but my husband told me that on Rouge-FM here in Montreal, he heard, count them: 3 Michael songs just this morning! I'm not sure which was the first one, but he told me he heard "Ave Maria" with Placido Domingo and... I couldn't believe it myself... he heard "Hallelujah": it must be a Christmas miracle! lol I told my husband it was a good thing I didn't hear it myself or I would have keeled over in shock! Well I know which station I'll be listening to at supper time for sure! :D Everyone have a very merry Christmas, a warm and safe holiday season and a healthy, prosperous and joyous new year, filled with happy surprises, God bless. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada <3

Awesome Sylvie your hubby heard by Michael & on the radio. If I had heard them, one would have to call 9 1 1 on me. :) Merry Christmas to you too & everyone out here.A

Hey Robin, I'm just checking messages before calling it a night. I just heard 2 different Honda commercials on TV and they played Michael's "White Christmas" video on Much More Music tonight! Is that my lucky day or what? :D Good night sweetie and have a great Xmas. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada xxx

You too have an awesome Christmas. I heard a honda commercial this afternoon on the radio but can't remember which one. I can't believe it's Christmas already. :) I'm in Riverside with Bari&Bill & we saw some friends & family already & seeing more. :) We didn't exchange gifts & that's ok. I'm on my lap top. Enough about me&everyone have an awesome Christmas. :)

Hi Sylvie,

I too, heard and saw Michael on TV and Radio today! Made my Christmas Day a special one too... Funny about those Honda commercials, seeing how I own one! LOL If he only knew, what I rock on the plate in front. Sweetie you have a very Merry Christmas and keep on rocking Michael.

Michael Bolton's Woman (wishful thinking I know) is what is says on my license plate.

Kellie

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service