Hi everyone,

I’ve been meaning to start this thread for a while now. I’ve been reading since the beginning of this forum, many discussions started by fans who simply wanted to share their joy of being a Michael Bolton fan. We have threads to share concert reviews, some to share news, videos etc, but not exactly what I have in mind. I would like for this thread not to be about meeting Michael, but about MB related moments in our daily lives, that anyone can take part in. I’m sure we all have tons of fun stories about how the existence of our Michael made us smile today.

For example: I remember once working on the computer and being stressed out to finish a job, then I took a break and turned on the radio, SILYBIL was on and I felt like I’d been given a big hug! Also, I remember once reading on one of the old message boards, someone had gone to a thrift shop and found an MB T-shirt and it made her day! Another story of mine has to do with my husband driving with “The one thing” on, stopping at a light and the guy in the next car asked him who that was and said this was great music! Your anecdotes can also be about how you've converted a "non believer" or your child’s discovery of Michael and sometimes we have as many stories as we have kids! Anyway, I guess I’d like this thread to be kind of a Michael Bolton  “Vegetable soup for the soul”. :D I have a few stories in my own life like these and even started my own personal document  a while back and I thought: why not share our stories together? So there you go MB fans: share away! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Views: 7136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

& I loved being with you Sylvie when you held Michael's hand. Remember 2002 @ the MBC in CT? that was a hoot, my friend. Aw! I remember how you cried & I hugged you. :)

Hey Robin, I'll never forget it! Anytime we're together, you're my lucky charm! lol Great memories and hopefully, we'll have more one day. Take good care my friend. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada <3

Hi Sylvie....at every concert I have attended since 2010 MB has sang Georgia...I hope you will hear it at yours too :). Big Hugs,

Kathy :)

Hi Kathy, I sure hope so. Girl, out of the 7 concerts I've attended, I've only heard Michael sing it twice live: my first concert in '98 here in Montreal and the one in Biloxi in 2005. I'll be sure to let you know. :D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada <3

Hi everyone, today I’d like to share about my discovery of a “closet” Michael Bolton enthusiast I found out about on the radio. They were discussing  what music people listen to in the car. It was mentioned that guys admit that Bruno Mars is a guilty pleasure and the morning man said that it was like him with Michael Bolton! :D Now, he certainly  should prove himself a man  and share his musical taste, but I guess it was good enough of him to state it publicly on the air. This reminded me of the 2008 Ford Focus commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ful1YfqUlU8

XD Take care all and have a great day. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

I have listened to Michael Bolton music since forever, but I am 19 days older than him..  Growing up together with same music many of same life experiences for those times.  Of course I love his music.  I have only recently become a "fan" (not really being sure what this term means). 

My husband, who was my best friend, died suddenly even though he had been ill for several years before,4 years ago. I struggled in these 4 years to drag myself from one  day to the next and remember to breath.  I thought all was lost for me and I waited  for death to come and claim my sorry butt.  I am ashamed to admit these things as a retired licensed social worker and certified family counselor.  Friends and family all the while are telling me 'its time to move on", what ever this means???  What they did not get is that not only is my heart broken but my soul is damaged.  This damage is different from a romantic break because of the finality of death, no possibilities of hearing their voice, seeing them again, etc.  So, the now question is how this pathetic story ties to Michael Bolton?    I stumbled upon his book, bought it and have read it twice.  I began to heal.  The process of healing  is due to the inspiration that I was able to glean from his words.  Only good things result from struggle and self sacrifice because these are life lessons that enrich the soul. There is a  spiritual light that is emitted from Michael's soul that I hear transmitted through his music.  I thank him from the bottom of my heart for what he does and the scarifies he has made to do it.  YES, I'm a "Survivor" and he "Comforts Me".  I've been inspired to develop an support group for widows called "Lean on me group".  I will be attending his concert in March in Biloxi, MS and bringing others like me.  MB's music and book are a part of the curriculum for this group.  I wish there was a private way of expressing my thanks to MB as human to human rather than in this public forum that he will never see.

Deborah in AL

Thanks so much for sharing your story Deborah and it is only when life has been kicked out of you that you understand what it is all about....I always remember Paul Michael Glazer's (Starsky & Hutch) words when his wife Elizabeth died and he said he had had to learn to put one foot in front of the other again and that is the truth and am so glad you have been able to put one foot in front of the other  again !!! :)   Also want to say that where we don't believe Michael comes into these pages and reads them we don't know for sure, who is to say ???  

Have one suggestion to make and it is because you say you are going to Biloxi and who is to say that opportunity may not present itself for you to get close enough to Michael to hand him a note and why don't you make that note a message telling him just what an inspiration he has been to you;  even if you do not get close enough to him possibly one of the band members or his crew and I can assure you they do pass on such things to Michael:  as I say, just a thought  !!! :)

Sending you every good wish for your group and absolutely love what you have called it ....good luck Deborah !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Deborah, well first, thank you so much for sharing your story so candidly with all of us. Being a fan means you enjoy the artist’s output and support it in any way you can. I’m very sorry about your loss and I’m sure you know by now that unfortunately, grief has no time frame. Sweetie, I’m re-reading Michael’s book right now and though I’ve been an avid fan of the artist for years, I realize that it’s easy to become a fan of the man also. It’s really wonderful to hear that you’ve grasped exactly what Michael set out to do  when he decided to write his autobiography. I think he’d be thrilled to hear how it’s helped you begin healing and that he’s inspired you to pay it forward. Deborah,  Sylvia gave you a great suggestion and putting your story down on paper is a very good idea. I would also suggest you write to our forum moderator Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com and she would forward your message to his office. Whether you’d have the opportunity to express yourself in person is always up in the air, but your words and feelings will definitely make it in the right direction. Good luck to you sweetie, please keep us posted, God bless. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

I'm not sure how to do this since I'm new to this website.  If you could instruct me on this I will follow thru. Thanks so much for your help and suggestions.

Hi Deborah and if you are referring to tip Sylvie has given you it is to drop an e-mail to Gail telling her your story because Gail would be able to forward it to Michael's management and they in turn may forward it to Michael and she has given you Gail's e-mail address boltoninfo@aol.com  

Hope that helps answer your question  ???

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Deborah,  well we've given you Gail's address, so you know where to write. If you mean you're not sure how to formulate your request, just write from your heart like you did with us sweetie. You can even copy your post and put it in an E-mail and tell Gail that Sylvie from Canada sent you... :D Gail is an angel  and your story stands on its own, so go for it, don't be shy. There are no guarantees as I've said, but you will have given it your best shot. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. Take care Deborah. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Dear Ms. Deborah, What a story,I am going to PM you on this!!! OMG! A sad story for sure:)! I am so glad you had our Michael to help you out:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service