From Facebook:

Studio time in LA recording the new album. Details to come in the following weeks, but I'm loving it already and I hope you will too!

http://www.facebook.com/MBsings?sk=wall

:-)

Views: 12983

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This looks like it's from the benefit for the Berry Gordy, Paul McCartney Launch Motown Museum's Project Harmony Gail posted about also recently...

I hope also this will be on the new CD..It's one of my favorite duets in general!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin in MD:)

Sorry Robin MD but got to disagree as background is not like and neither are they dressed the same way as they were at the Harmony event but as I said Michael did say it was a picture from the first rehearsal they had had but whether that was yesterday or last month, he doesn't say but at least we know now for sure that Valerie Simpson will be on CD......hope many more teasers to come !!! :)

Sylvie, I must explain to you........because I got so excited when I saw tweet and photo the brain missed a gear, as always, and I didn't discover my mix up until Rocio tweeted me about a hour later....LOL    I had, you see, answered her tweet and called her Pilar and copy of my tweet also went to MB so I think you can well imagine that I have been doing a wee, wee bit of apologising today...LOL  OMG what a laugh and Rocio has been gracious enough to say to me that there is nothing to apologize for for anyone can make such a mistake.....I thought Rocio knew me but apparently not with a statement like that for she has still to learn that is just a natural occurrence for me but what I can tell you, to be very, very serious, is that Rocio was most, most surprised by Michael's tweet to her and obviously more than delighted by it and she is pleased that I have shared photo on here, that Michael sent to her, for everyone to see.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

lol Sylvia, business as usual I see... :D Thanks for the precision about the pic and you took the words out of my mouth about date of pic, but I think it might be likely that it's recent. You know girl, I'm okay with no hint-dropping, if it speeds up the process. I know nothing, but I'm sure Michael wants this album to be... "Solid as a rock" so dropping hints would probably hinder last second changes he would see fit to add. I'm just spitballing here... Thanks again for the explaination sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

OK Sylvia, It seemed similar to me, that's all...LOL  Main thing is if this is on the new album that's great...It's a fantastic song and I've always loved it. 

Robin in MD:)

A little bit to add to the mix and it is that Michael may well be referring to "Real Thing" being on the new CD as both he and Valerie Simpson sang that along with "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" at the Sugar Bar in New York the other day where, I believe, the photo was taken and as he says it was a "first rehearsal" he can't be referring to "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" as they had sung that on a previous day at the launch of Harmony......more than just a "teaser" almost a conundrum too.....keep them coming Michael for my wee, wee FBI mind loves them and of course loves your "sense of humour" in handing them out too.....yeah, get us all going and wondering.....achieved !!!! LOL.     Here is hoping both maybe on the CD....never know !!! :)

Hey wee detective,are you allowed divulging your sources? :D Can you tell us where you heard Michael was at the Sugar Bar in New York and what he and Valerie sang? Just checking. Well thanks for sharing sweetie. Hopefully, since Michael is starting to drop more crumbs, we might see something on the horizon this year. Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Twitter is a wonderful place Sylvie......LOL.      Valerie Simpson tweeted the details over two tweets she put out and she also said it had been wonderful to be able to sing with Michael twice in one week.....I know I could have said that in my post but where was the intrigue in that ???? LOL.  

Hey Sylvia, I guess that's why you're the master at that girl... :D At least, it stimulates action on the forum so that's a good thing! thanks for the info sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Boy...ladies the things I miss when not caught up on messages!!!!!! LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

A little piece of news which I hope some may find of interest and I have come across it via Twitter and to be more precise via a tweet by Lonely Island News and it concerns MB's concert at Hazleton, PA on 24th February, 2013 for they have given a link into an article contained in the Greater Hazelton Newspaper which has its website at standerspeaker.com and the article is very detailed about MB and about the venue which is apparently an ancient castle (didn't know you had any of them in the States) which has only recently been turned into a venue for such concerts but a section of the article caught my eye because, and quote, it says :

"His most recent studio album features an authentic approach to Motown and soulful classics, as well as original songs written in the same vein." 

Give us some more hints please MB !!! LOL.

Below is link to the page but it is a strange one for automatically, when you attempt to go in and read further on the article to do with MB, up comes a separate box asking you to join the website and it costs but you can, just about, manage to read the article if you scroll the page up and down that is still visible, although not highlighted, behind the box.    Sorry but there is no way I can copy it and that was why I took a note of the particular paragraph to do with the new CD.

http://standardspeaker.com/

Hope, as I say, some find it an interesting little piece of news !! :)

Hey Sylvia, I didn't attempt to check out your link, but thanks for bringing it over here. I personally find it interesting because the fact that it says "and soulful classics", opens wide the world of possibilities. The Motown catalog is certainly rich in choices as a whole, but I guess Michael found other ones suitable to what he was looking for. Hmm, that statement almost sounded like the beginnings of a press release... Fingers and toes crossed... Thanks a lot Sylvia, for the info and the ray of sunshine, :D take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Sylvia and everyone, I was able to copy the article, enjoy! Hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

===========

Michael Bolton to perform in Hazleton in Feb.

Published: October 16, 2012

Special to the Standard-Speaker Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter Michael Bolton will perform at the Wiltsie Center at the Historic Castle on Feb. 24.

Multiple Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter and social activist Michael Bolton will appear at the Wiltsie Center at the Historic Castle in Hazleton on Feb. 24, 2013, at 7 p.m.

Tickets will be available to Castle Club members beginning Wednesday and to the general public beginning Saturday.

Bolton, who has sold more than 53 million albums and singles worldwide, continues to tour the world every year, all while writing, recording and taping for a wide array of projects spanning music, film, television and theater. He remains committed to humanitarian causes, especially through the Michael Bolton Charities as well as other social and political organizations.

He is known for his soulful voice and poignant lyrics. His timeless style, charm and good looks have also earned him a spot on several "People Magazine's Sexiest Man" lists, including 2012's "Sexiest Man Alive."

He most recently became a viral sensation for featuring in The Lonely Island's hugely popular "Captain Jack Sparrow" video that launched on Saturday Night Live and was performed live on the Emmys. The Emmy-nominated video has racked up over 90 million views on YouTube, where it was the third most viewed video of 2011.

Bolton won two Grammys for Best Pop Male Vocal Performance (nominated four times), six American Music Awards and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. As a songwriter, he has earned more than 24 BMI & ASCAP Awards, including Songwriter of the Year, nine Million-Air awards and the Hitmakers Award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

Internationally renowned, Bolton has recorded and performed with musical icons who have inspired and influenced his own career. He joined Luciano Pavarotti on stage in a highly praised rendition of "Vesti La Giubba," and pays homage to the Italian tenor when performing the aria "Nessun Dorma" at each of his concerts while on tour. He has sung with Placido Domingo, Jose Carreras and Renee Fleming and played guitar with BB King. Bolton earned a Grammy-nomination for "Georgia on my Mind," and was invited to sing the classic song to Ray Charles when Charles was honored at the International Jazz Hall of Fame Awards in 1997. Bolton performed duets with both Seal and Lara Fabian to standing ovations for a March 2011 David Foster and Friends PBS special.

A diverse and prolific songwriter, Bolton has collaborated with Lady Gaga, Diane Warren, Desmond Child, David Foster, Walter Afanasieff, Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, John "Mutt" Lange, Dann Huff, A.R. Rahman, Phil Ramone, Ne Yo and Billy Mann, among others. He is one of the very few artists to have co-written with Bob Dylan, resulting in the mega hit "Steel Bars." Bolton has penned songs that have been recorded and performed by a diverse list of more than 100 artists, ranging from country western legend Conway Twitty to hip hop superstar Kanye West featuring Jay Z and John Legend.

Bolton has always balanced a love for writing new songs with a passion for covering the classics. On his breakthrough album The Hunger, Bolton authored the No. 1 single "That's What Love is All About" and sang his chart-topping version of Otis Redding's "(Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay," which was a hit on four radio formats. That album was certified double platinum and shipped 4 million copies worldwide.

To date, Bolton has seen eight studio albums rank in the Top Ten, with nine No. 1 singles. Bolton's true signature success was seized with the album Soul Provider, selling more than 12.5 million copies worldwide and showcasing several chart-toppers, including the No. 1 hit single "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You," which earned Bolton his first Grammy. This pivotal album also includes the hit singles "When I'm Back on My Feet Again," "How Can We Be Lovers," "Soul Provider" and the Grammy-nominated "Georgia on My Mind."

Soon afterward, Bolton released the No. 1 album Time, Love & Tenderness, which has sold more than 16 million copies worldwide and features his Grammy Award-winning vocal performance of the No. 1 blockbuster hit "When A Man Loves a Woman." This album also produced the hit singles "Love Is a Wonderful Thing," "Time, Love and Tenderness" and "Missing You Now," as well as the Dylan co-write "Steel Bars."

Bolton followed this up with a collection of soulful classics on Timeless, delivering the hit singles "To Love Some Somebody" and "Reach Out I'll Be There." Timeless sold more than 7 million copies worldwide.

From his next album, The One Thing, came Bolton's massive single "Said I Loved You...But I Lied," which spent 12 weeks at No. 1 on the AC charts and earned him another Grammy nomination.

His most recent studio album features an authentic approach to Motown and soulful classics, as well as original songs written in the same vein.

His songs and performances have been featured in numerous television and film soundtracks, including the Oscar-nominated theme song "Go the Distance" from Walt Disney's blockbuster animated film "Hercules."

Tickets for Bolton's performance at the Wiltsie Center, which range in price from $58 to $90, can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster retail outlets at Boscov's and Walmart.

The Wiltsie Center at the Historic Castle, in its second season of entertainment, is located at the Alice C. Wiltsie Performing Arts Center at Hazleton Elementary/Middle School, 700 N. Wyoming St. in Hazleton.

For more information, visit www .wiltsiecenter.org or www.facebook .com/wiltsiecenter.

http://standardspeaker.com/news/michael-bolton-to-perform-in-hazlet...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service