From Facebook:

Studio time in LA recording the new album. Details to come in the following weeks, but I'm loving it already and I hope you will too!

http://www.facebook.com/MBsings?sk=wall

:-)

Views: 12983

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone, well Michael’s CD has been out for 10 days now and aside for scattered “I love it!” comments throughout the forum, I can’t say that I’ve read a full review, so I thought I’d dive in with my own. Well first, let me say that I’m thankful to have been able to listen to just the CD samples in one speaker for all this time, which made the CD much bigger hearing it in a proper player. Listening to this fabulous CD is like going back to that pizza place you loved as a kid and finding out the pizza is even better than you remembered! Hearing Michael’s voice singing these makes it even more “flavourful” to the ears. I found myself unable to sit still during the whole CD and got a great kick out of both my teenage boys checking out the CD box, which is unheard of for my boys and my youngest going around snapping his fingers! Lol I love how energetic the whole thing is and got serious goosebumps when I heard my “What’s going on” and even got teary-eyed as I expected. I’ve been waiting for so long for Michael to record this! Now I love love love the extended version of “Gotta keep dreaming” and the more I listen to it and the more I love it. I already loved “Tracks of my tears” as a sample but when I heard Michael’s alterations and extension of it, my brain zoomed back to the HSN show and it took my breath away, loved it! “signed, sealed, delivered” is also a perfect closing song that stays in your head and since it’s Stevie Wonder’s favourite song, why not? :D I find that the pacing of it is just right: it's still energetic, but Michael's custom delivery fits like a kid glove... His voice is out of this world and I love how whoever produced it updated the sound, but still left enough of the original arrangements like the flute in "Real thing", the strings in "What's going on" and all the very cool drum rifs all over it... Finally, what can I say? I enjoy analyzing which song Michael chose and for what reason, whether the themes that run through are one’s residual feelings after a breakup, basking in your beloved’s awesomeness in every way, going for your dreams or just singing a great song, his choices always seem to weigh more than they appear... In a nutshell: I think it’s a perfectly proportioned serving of that favourite pizza, but when it’s this good, your ears want to pig out! Lol Sorry for the food metaphors guys, but this was a lot of fun and God bless you for indulging me. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Magnifiques commentaires, Sylvie, trés touchants

tendrement

katia

Allo Katia, j'espère que tu vas pouvoir l'entendre toi-même bientôt! Fais attention à toi. Câlins, sincèrement, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Oh what a beautiful review Sylvie and I cannot wait to get my hands on my copy and hear it all and can I take this opportunity to let you all know that my copy is winging its way to me as of now for I was told yesterday that it is in the post and my copy is coming via HSN, Las Vegas, and an address in California .......yeah folks, Kathy has done it again and of course package also contains that "book" which can definitely be called now, signed, sealed and delivered.  So it is Wee One on the lookout for the postman again and also too, although it is on wrong thread, but got e-mail notification today that my audio book is on its way from Amazon and should have that by about 14th March......I am definitely going to be disappearing into a Michael Bolton world soon !!! LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, good things come to those who wait, don't they? :D How totally cool Kathy is doing this for you! Wow, this feels like the "Gems" caper, all over again... :D I just hope you can listen to the CD soon. I know I can hardly stand waiting for an MB CD in the mail: they should have guaranteed delivery on release date for everyone, don't you think? :D Glad you liked my review, by the way. Take care Sylvia and good luck to you. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

the new album has entered the Billboard 200 album chart at #38 !!!!! This is Michael's best placement on this chart since OAWLY entered at #36 in 2002 !!! well done !!!

Wow, that's fantastic news Matthieu, thanks for sharing! Finally, Michael is getting what he deserves, so let's see how high it'll go! :D Thanks again Matthieu, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Best news ever !!! :)   Thanks Matthieu !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Link into the Billboard R & B charts and Michael has entered at #5 !! :)    Link was put on my FB page MBATW by Shannon....thanks Shannon   !! :)

http://m.billboard.com/v/ChartAlbums/TopRbhiphopAlbums171/?KSID=89a...

The link above goes to R&B/Rap combined...this link shows in the R&B charts alone Michael is #3!!

http://www.billboard.com/charts/r-and-b-albums

Wow Gail, even better, thanks for sharing! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

It just gets better and better and better....next week #1 !!! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service