From Facebook:

Studio time in LA recording the new album. Details to come in the following weeks, but I'm loving it already and I hope you will too!

http://www.facebook.com/MBsings?sk=wall

:-)

Views: 12983

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I LOVE Motown music also!! And you know Michael always has because of all his covers of Motown songs!!! I can't wait for this cd!! I remember when Cameron mentioned the work Michael was doing on the Motown cd and thought...oh my...great album in the works!! Gosh...he and his band members are sooooo busy doing lots of things they love. I know you all remember our 8 track tapes blasting songs from The Temptations, Jackson 5, Diana Ross, and on and on!!! Great memories and now Michael's voice will add to those!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! AND then the book tour!!! WOW :)))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Thanks for link to article Jennifer ......pretty good read and good interview too !! :)     By other interviews MB has done seems as though he is exceptionally proud of doing the Motown CD and can't wait for September, if he is still on schedule, for its release !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I think so too Sylvia..he's waited a long time to finally get this one out there!!! Should make for some fun music!!!:)

Robin in MD :)

Thanks for the article Jennifer, it was so well-written, you can tell the author is a fan! I was thinking that I'm okay with not knowing more about the album, as long as it's on schedule! :D Thanks again Jennifer for posting and thank Catherine for passing it along, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi everyone, I just wanted to put my little 2 cents in. All this talk about Motown music has had me listening to a lot of oldies lately and I suddenly had a flash yesterday... So Michael has said recently that he's been working with artists from the Motown era on his new CD and I remember reading that he'll have Ben E. King at the charity event in CT next week. I know Michael has sung  Ben E. King's "Stand by me" occasionally inconcert in Europe and I'm wondering if he'll record it with him... Mind you, there are tons of other good songs from both Ben E. King and the Drifters too and I guess I can speculate until September! lol I guess time will tell. I'm just enjoying revisiting the oldies but goodies and I'll probably have a "Hitsville U.S.A." party tomorrow... :D That's it for now, thanks for indulging me. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thought of that one too Sylvie but I was, for once, keeping quiet in case I chanced fate because that combination I would LOVE to hear and quite honestly, they could sing whatever they liked.....I love Ben E King !! :)   Maybe too that was why MB couldn't say too much about as maybe, just maybe that song hasn't been recorded YET....... BUT, will be, very soon !!!!!!!! LOL.    Also too a thought that has come into the "labyrinth".....MBC's 20th anniversary.....why not part of proceeds from CD going to Charity.....believe a great way to recognize its birthday .....just a thought and something this sentimental old fool would love to hear about it !! LOL.

Hi everyone, well there I go with my speculations again, but I think this one is more likely. I was listening to my Motown compilation "Hitsville U.S.A." yesterday and realized that the song "Shotgun" is on it. So I'm thinking that the song our Michael recorded with Michael Lington just might be one of the duets that are supposed to be on the new album. Just thought I'd point it out. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi, Sylvia, Sylvie, Gail, Joy and Jennifer

Again, thanks a lot for sharing  all great articles, pics, interviews about  the new

Motown Michael's album, there are so many songs I would like it will be there.........

Take care

Mariu

Am pretty sure you will all be interested to read this tweet that "Michael The Tease" has retweeted from 11th July and yes I will give him another nom de plume for forget MB it is now "MTT" !!! LOL.

"Ron Pope@RonPopeMusic

Talking about life, love, and songwriting with Dave Tozer and Michael Bolton. Good times. Song is FINALLY done!"

Anybody got any questions following that retweet....yeah....sure have....1001, just like the little Dalmations !!!! LOL.

Hey Sylvia, well we already knew Michael was writing with Dave. The song is done but he's not letting on of anything. If things are on schedule, we should only have to wait about 8 weeks for the album, so let's just keep our fingers crossed. If you hear of anything a little more substancial, let us know. Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

Hi Wee One,

I will have to NOW redo my Facebook on my cell phone, lol!!!! Left when my Google went down.
Therefore, cannot receive your info but thanks anyway for trying.
I do believe I saw one tweet where MB thanked you for all the work you did to post the Russia info, or was that another Sylvia?
It is miserably hot here again, the pool water is even warm.
I like your new photo by the way, I wish I could tan like that but must be careful now, I have had 13 basil cells removed in the 90's, too much Florida sun and other in my life.
I joined Kelly's fan club a few days ago, she really does have a beautiful voice and she will be with MB in Newport on August 3rd I saw, so, maybe the show will remain the same after all. It will be interesting to find out.

Have a good evening, Wee One, and watch out for too much sun.

Kathy in Tulsa

Kathy T I really don't completely understand your first paragraph for I gave you the link over to here on the other thread and you have managed to get on here.... you are on the thread here to do with MB's new CD....you do realize that don't you??? :)    The tweet that you saw from MB to "kimikomcc" was to me and I certainly didn't expect it but obviously would be telling fibs if I didn't say was more than delighted by for I only answered a tweet that MB had retweeted from a girl to Paula Abdul asking about where photos had gone for it looked as though they had lost theirs and I suggested she pop into MB's for we had plenty and as Michael had just tweeted that he was on his way home I wished him safe travels and back came his lovely tweet !! :)  BTW hope you have managed to get into thread and see all the beautiful photos from Russia along with all the articles for Cristina67 sent in quite a few and Olga who is in Siberia supplied plenty of links with photos and articles and of course too Michael kept retweeting Paula's tweets so that we could pick them up and put them on the thread.....telling you for sure.....FBI, CIA, MI6, MI15, KGB; they are not called that anymore, are they..??..but it doesn't really matter for they have nothing on us, nothing at all !!! LOL.

Thanks for kind words on my avatar picture....thought it was about time I really tried to stop acting as though I am only 6 with that t-shirt on  which looked more like a nightshirt because it is far too big for me and as I have got my little tan back and I wanted to use, for the first time, the timer on my camera so I didn't have to hold it out at arms length, thought no better time than yesterday !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service