From Facebook:

Studio time in LA recording the new album. Details to come in the following weeks, but I'm loving it already and I hope you will too!

http://www.facebook.com/MBsings?sk=wall

:-)

Views: 12984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thought and hope you may all be interested in this little piece of news that Michael Lington has just put out on FB along with a beautiful photo of himself with Walter A and Michael and obviously I am assuming it is something to do with new CD or maybe I am just hoping......................

"Today was one of those days us musicians dream of ! Just finished a session at Westlake Studio for a song written by legendary Motown writer Lamont Dozier, Produced by Walter Afanasieff and performed by Michael Bolton. The song is amazing, and it was such a blast to play on it."

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Oh my, that sounds wonderful Sylvia, thanks for bringing this over here! It does sound like our Michael is going all out for this album. It's wonderful to hear he's working with Walter Afanassief again! Wow, funny how I was just talking about him amonth ago when Michael went to Russia... I wish we'd get a release date for the CD already, because I have a feeling it won't be as early as we thought, although I know it'll be well worth the wwait: I'm bracing myself for that one! All right Sylvia, thanks again for this info, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Caro and we have a link to that picture over in another thread for Pilar picked it up from Twitter and posted there a couple of days ago and really not too sure if it is taken in a recording studio but one above of Michael Lington, MB and Walter A is in a recording studio and it is different and Michael looks different too but thanks again for bringing link over here !! :)

Should just say that Michael's book is not due out until 13th November Caro so more than one month to wait but he had hoped to get his new CD released sometime in September but we are still waiting for him to confirm that and the way things are going and by what we are hearing wouldn't be surprised if September is being a little too premature but will wait till we hear from Michael how things are going.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Sylvia - Thanks for keeping us up to date :) This is a very promising picture ! All of them look inspired and happy ! 

Guess who else Walter A has been recently working with ? ... JG - you got it, right ? :)))) Just teasing you ! Hugs - Nic

PS : I have this crazy idea and this is that I will definitely go to Reno only if MB sings "What you're doing to me" with me :)))) I've got this song stuck in my head for the whole f-ing week :)))  Is there a particular song you'd like to sing with him? Maybe we start a new ... trend :))

Hey Nic, since you seem to enjoy wandering about the forum, here’s a thread where you could ask that question:

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/your-dream-duet-list

So if your dream duet is that song with Michael, why not? :D Personally I tip my hat off to anyone who could do that! :D By the way, Walter has worked with Josh Groban before, not sure which album but I know he did. Take care Nic and have a great weekend. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

P.S.: To get that song out of your head, play "Everybody's crazy"! lol

OMG Sylvie, he literally rocks the house ! It's a powerful song with a short but strong message. Indeed, we (still) live in a crazy world and everybody's crazy to a certain degree or to be more polite ... yeah, we can tell that whatever the definition of "normal" is for one to the other appears to be crazy, weird, out fashioned, linked to OCD etc etc :) Common sense, love and respect will always do good to us all !

A big, sincere smile and hugs - Nic

Hey Nic, are you happy because I helped you get the other song out of your head, because I reminded you of it, or because you didn't know it before? Girlfriend, if you don't have the album "Everybody's crazy" run to get it! lol Seriously, when I started collecting MB albums, I was used to the "Soul provider" and TLT sound and when I bought "Michael Bolton", I thought I'd have to get used to it. But when I got "Everybody's crazy" it was a coup de foudre! I once read a review that described this album as: "criminally ignored" and thought that was very fitting. In the words of Forrest Gump: "That's all I had to say about that!" :D Take care Nic. Big hugs right nback, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

Thanks for the "tease" Nic and I just knew you would get HIS name in here somewhere again !!!!! LOL.   On dueting with Michael I most assuredly would adore to do that but I can promise everyone, only him and I would hear the song !!!! :))))))))))))))

You're soooo sweet :))) How could you know me so well? ... and hey,you'll have to admit, I was good this time ... I listened to you; I didn't write HIS full name just HIS initials :)))) Big hugs and "Smile" - Nic

I love "Everbody's Crazy" and below is link to my favourite off of it and it is "Desperate Heart"........think anyone who has loved and lost knows exactly where MB is coming from that is why they are kind of "special".   Hope you enjoy Nic !! :)    If you have never listened to "Michael Bolotin"  you need to and "Take Me As I Am" off of that ...wow...!!! :))))))

http://youtu.be/5G3oXZxj0kE

My dears Sylvia and Sylvie - thanks for driving me nuttier than usual with respect to MB's music  . You guys are awesome ... you should be named "MB's fans of the year", seriously ! Thanks for bringing to my attention his early, very early music! I was blown away, I have to say, as soon as I listened to "Everybody's crazy" but then even more after I heard him play "You're no good", "Dream while you can", "Hot love" even though this came a bit later (with "the Hunger" album) ... I was dazed ... probably, I still am :))  Big hugs - Nic

Hi everyone, for those who don’t follow every new thread, Matthieu Grelier posted this new interview Michael did probably last weekend at the “Nail Files” premiere party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rTiQYw2lDI

In the interview, along with other things, Michael is  talking about filming a documentary. A couple of weeks ago, I was listening again to the 3 part ActiveDayton interview Sylvia posted on page 4 of this thread and I caught on to something I hadn’t before. In part 2, Michael was talking about there being footage and interviews with artists and writers, tying in with his own Motown connection. I just have this feeling that Michael has big surprises in store, possibly an accompanying DVD to the CD. This is just my personal speculation, I guess we’ll know soon enough. Thanks everyone for indulging me. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service