Hello everybody.   I'm a newbie to this forum, but not to being a huge fan of Michael.  I've been a fan for 19 years now :)  I love his origional pieces, but he is so darn good at covering the classics too.   I wish I could put a bug in his ear and have him record two of my favorite songs.  "Song to the Siren" by Tim Buckley, and " I Don't Need No Doctor" by Ray Charles.  That one would fit beautifully on his blues album waiting in the wings.  :)   Do any of you have a wish list for him to cover?       Payten

Views: 1383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dianna, I like some country I really like the Judds they had some beautiful songs, Kenny Rogers and Alabama all had great songs.
I just love music too! What would the world be like if there was none TERRIBLE! I grow up listening to all kinds all the time! My dad being Irish we listened to alot of it and I can remember singing them with him.( I even took Irish Step Dancing for many many years!) Music is part of our lives. So I agree I wouldn't mind a few country songs too!

Love Eileen xoxo
I wouldn't know what to do without music. If it were taken away. You may as well shoot me down. It's my upper, downer, you name it it is it for me. :)

Robin the boltonnut from L. A. CA
Eileen

Kenny rogers, Alabama both great as well!
I agree what would life be without music :(
My Grand-mother was Irish as well!
Love Dianna
OMG. Gentle Jim. Jim Reaves. Yes ma'm. Love Jim Reaves but I have to admit, I love Johnny Cash&Ray Charles is right. Country songs do have stories in them. I loved rRay&Willie nelson (thought not a Willie fan) when they sang 7 Spanish Angels. Now, you talk about a tear jerker. That one is. Wow! Now, if Michael were to sing a sad song, tears from these eyes. Phew.
Hi Robin I have to agree about Willie Nelson not of my favourite either!
Jim Reeves does have a beautiful voice.Ray Charles is great too!
You are so right they do have stories to them.
I have to agree without Music what would life be.
I was lucky too both of my parents love music as well so there was always music in our house when we woke up the radio was already going mum singing along while she made our breakfast........................
Ahh memories.
Love Dianna xxx
Hi Dianna,
So you are part Irish too, well so am I and I think the only reason I never have liked Country Music, is because, being a Mc, I lost to another Mc, who was a Country Singer. Maureen.

Kellie
&that's ok not liking country music. I'm always having music on when I do everything here. Even now. Another favorite of mine is Roy Orbison. The Bee Gees will always be my all time favorite group.

Robin the boltonnut from L. A. CA USA
Hi,
Witchcraft would be an interesting song for Michael to do. The best version of that song I've heard is from a singer named Matt Belsante.
As for Open Arms, I would like to see that as a duet with Michael and Steve Perry. That would be a dream come true for me.

One that kind of popped into my mind was "Walk on By". I've heard versions from Dionne Warwick and Steve Tyrell and both versions were very good. I could see Michael doing that one as well.

Audrey
aka the quiet one
P.S. (been a fan of Michael since 1991)
was just listening to Paul Weller - You Do Something To Me, would sound great as a MB cover, the words are great with MB's voice would be amazing....
oz.x
Ooh Shannon, nice choice! I know most of the songs you’ve mentionned and most certainly agree about the Otis songs! When you wrote “I’ve got dreams”, did you mean “I’ve got dreams to remember”? Ah, I just love this song! Girl, I’ve discovered it in a funny place: I heard it in a movie Michael appeared in called “Blume in love”. You see him sitting in a waiting room, reading for less than a minute and I can’t even see him! Lol I believe this was in 1975. I just bought the tape as a collector’s item…  I’ll look up the songs I don’t know. Thanks for sharing! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada
I'm not at all a B. B. King fan none what soever. His voice creeps me out buut anyway. Yeah, good songs but I still wish Michael would do "These Arms of Mine" by Otis Redding as I've said before. I told him that too. He probably just smiled but I was serious.

Robin the boltonnutfrom L. A. CA
Yes! "These Arms of Mine" by Otis Redding is my most fav ever Otis song, also on my original select earlier in the thread.
oz,x

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service